Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Book of Job
The Book of Job
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 2:46 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Is everyone familiar with the story in the Book of Job?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 3:09 PM | Message # 2

Heads
the book is part of the Talmud its basically bronze age Hebrews trying to address the problem of evil, i.e. the problem of reconciling the existence of evil or suffering in the world with the existence of God.

Render215 Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 3:10 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
yeah. my grandmom used to talk about this book with me. This is where God talks to Satan about Job. The devil tells God that Job is faithful because he is wealthy. God gives Satan permission to kill his children and destroy his belongings... messed up. Job still praises God... Then Job gets herpes from the devil, or something... and he curses the day he was born... i know there is more to it...

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
Menace Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 3:52 PM | Message # 4

Heads
are you unemployed ?? read the book of job :D

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 5:23 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Is everyone familiar with the story in the Book of Job?

i've read it, why do you ask?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 23/Aug/09, 10:41 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i've read it, why do you ask?

Just wondering. Honestly, I can't help but laugh at it.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 0:12 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Today I told my mom I was agonostic, and she started crying and calling herself a failure parent. I was laughing my ass off.
I told her how if you really look at the bible,
-Flying tounges on fire
-Witches
-Wizards
-Magic zombie guy on cross
-People from dirt
and other obvious stupid things from the bible, she was like "well, fine...". I won.
I still found it funny that she was so upset, yet she almost never goes to church herself. Last time she went was Easter 2006... Haha.
I still consider her religous, however.
Sorry for the off topic, but I didnt want to pull a Perez Hilton with a full-new thread.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
I_Guy Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 3:11 AM | Message # 8

Heads
^^^ I'm glad you've balanced your views.

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 3:22 AM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
-Witches
-Wizards

%) you know there are people who practice withcraft right?

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Flying tounges on fire

where's this from?

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 3:57 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)

what exactly about it makes you laugh

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 7:32 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
where's this from?

i want to say one of the gospels, but I am really unsure. It is in the New Testament.
Suposedly I think it was in the tower of bable, the holy spirit entered the room in the form of Flying Tougnes on fire.

I also read somewhere that people in the bible experimented with mushrooms? Can anyone clarify this?

Oh, and Mark Whippy just added me on facebook! ^_^

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 10:52 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)

why laugh ?? it's just primitive man trying to understand the problem of evil i don't find it laughable i don't find laughable the bible or the Torah and the people that wrote them because i don't blame then in believing what they believed if i was living back then i think i was one of them too my problem is whit the modern people who still believe in such bronze age myths rational people that can grasp reality fall in such irrational dungeons that's what my problem is and i laugh at those modern people not at those hut dwelling ancient men

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Today I told my mom I was agonostic, and she started crying and calling herself a failure parent. I was laughing my ass off.
I told her how if you really look at the bible,
-Flying tounges on fire
-Witches
-Wizards
-Magic zombie guy on cross
-People from dirt

you mean agnostic no ?? LOL :D and i personally am an agnostic too but i lean towards atheism not because i hate religion because i hate the religious institution because religious institution is very dogmatic and technocratic like it leaves nothing to man to search for and to explore it gives the "word" and you must repeat it

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I also read somewhere that people in the bible experimented with mushrooms? Can anyone clarify this?

it's possible regarding the geographic position where the bible was written it is

Acekat00o Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 1:34 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Why is a man that believed in god so much had so many taken from ? i dont see the sense of the story ,playing with a mans life and killing his family just to prove a point ? if thats not retarded im george bush

Graffiti
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 1:56 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quote (Acekat00o)
Why is a man that believed in god so much had so many taken from ? i dont see the sense of the story ,playing with a mans life and killing his family just to prove a point ? if thats not retarded im george bush

To inspire the rest of us that are too ignorant and lazy to be as faithful. George Bush would've asked the same question

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Monday, 24/Aug/09, 2:19 PM | Message # 15

Heads
One could argue that those who are faithful are too ignorant and lazy to actually read their history and study facts. Don't insult someone's beliefs if you don't want yours insulted as well.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Book of Job
Search: