[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 17/Nov/09, 12:06 PM | Message # 31

OGs
lol., thanks 8

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 18/Nov/09, 11:02 PM | Message # 32

Heads
You can't prove that god doesn't exist, SO THERE!

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 18/Nov/09, 11:34 PM | Message # 33

Heads
rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 24/Nov/09, 1:05 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i have seen no proof for God's existence

Yeah, but human beans have souls.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 24/Nov/09, 1:08 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Yeah, but human beans have souls.

rofl

dude, it's fun to actually give almost decent arguments for God's existence. you should try it. i've already come up with better arguments than i've ever heard from a theist. it will be interesting what you can conjure up if you try.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 29/Nov/09, 11:26 AM | Message # 36

OGs
heres a q...if adam and eve didn't sin, would adam have been turned on by two llllle... ah i dont wanna say that word

Added (29/Nov/09, 10:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
on one hand temptations would still exist...but being naked outdoors i suppose wouldnt have turned him on

Added (29/Nov/09, 11:26 Am)
does this make sense to anybody?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 29/Nov/09, 3:02 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
does this make sense

No way.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 29/Nov/09, 6:34 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
Good thread.
What am I, being a self-proclaimed agnostic?
I'm sort of stuck in between...

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:29 PM | Message # 39

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
What am I, being a self-proclaimed agnostic?

opposite of "i dont know" is a firm "i know"
opposite of God...well there is no opposite since he has no equal...well use archangel michael...so opposite of him is satan

you know satan exists and your a strong believer in him...........youre satan's follower

Menace Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:47 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
opposite of "i dont know" is a firm "i know"
opposite of God...well there is no opposite since he has no equal...well use archangel michael...so opposite of him is satan

you know satan exists and your a strong believer in him...........youre satan's follower

man your really broken everything is in black and white for you no ?? you see life in black and white no ??

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:59 PM | Message # 41

OGs
Quote (Menace)
you see life in black and white no ??

i guess..?

eboyd Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 7:30 PM | Message # 42

Heads
lol! bacon, just decide if you are more of an agnostic theist (believe in a god but aren't certain) or agnostic atheist (don't believe in a god but open to the possibility of his existence) and whatever you decide, just argue for the opposite. ie: if you are an agnostic theist (which i think you are, no?), argue from the perspective of a gnostic atheist (someone who claims to KNOW there is no god).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 7:37 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i guess..?

sad life you have then

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 7:44 PM | Message # 44

OGs
:'(

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 9:59 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
lol! bacon, just decide if you are more of an agnostic theist (believe in a god but aren't certain) or agnostic atheist (don't believe in a god but open to the possibility of his existence) and whatever you decide, just argue for the opposite. ie: if you are an agnostic theist (which i think you are, no?), argue from the perspective of a gnostic atheist (someone who claims to KNOW there is no god).

Oh okay nvm... I thought about that, but I thought this arguement was either Theist or Non-Theist.
Yeah, I consider myself an agnostic/theist.

Added (01/Dec/09, 9:59 Pm)

Quote (8Diagrams)
There is no reason for God not to exis

Simple, there is no reason for one to exist.
Society can function just fine without the concept of a "God", or some sort of deity. So why is a god NEEDED? There is no reason for there to be one at all.
Simple:
Society can exist without god.
God can't exist without society putting the concept there in the first place.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Search: