[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 02/Dec/09, 7:57 AM | Message # 46

OGs
What's the difference between your god and the invisible pink unicorn in my backyard?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 02/Dec/09, 3:19 PM | Message # 47

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
What's the difference between your god and the invisible pink unicorn in my backyard?

the invisible pink unicorn doesn't eternally torture people rofl

i'm kidding :D

there's no proof of the invisible pink unicorn. look at the universe. everything just happened eh? we don't need an invisible pink unicorn for the universe to exist, but every effect needs a cause. what caused the universe? nothing? it's the uncaused cause? well, why can't God be that?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 02/Dec/09, 7:05 PM | Message # 48

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
the invisible pink unicorn doesn't eternally torture people rofl

eek oh no you didnt!!

Quote (eboyd)
there's no proof of the invisible pink unicorn. look at the universe. everything just happened eh? we don't need an invisible pink unicorn for the universe to exist, but every effect needs a cause. what caused the universe? nothing? it's the uncaused cause? well, why can't God be that?

so just because science is incomplete, this leaves room for some god found in your iron aged book? shake

and what if i tell you you need faith to believe in the invisible pink unicorn and its purpose is to carry us to la la land when we die? tell me how thats different from your god?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 10:50 AM | Message # 49

Emcees
Quote (8Diagrams)
Wow, dude, I'm surprised you're not 100% Atheist! LMAO! That's actually a really good arguement. Damn.

Thanks man.
You know, I can see myself either being a Pastor, or a full blown atheist sometime in the future. I think like an atheist, but I feel like a theist. I honestly do feel like there is SOME sort of force, or deity up there. Everything is so complex and complete, yet so imcomplete and mysterious at the same time. The world just is. It just IS. I dont even know. The world is here and that is all I am sure of. And with the world being what it is, from what I have seen on my 14 (almost 15) years here, I can confidently say there is a god.
However, if there is a god, I do not think he watches our every move. I do not think he cares about "right" or "wrong". I see him as a dry, sort of nihilist, except with love. Think about it
If god created us, then that means god created our emotion.
If god created our emotion, that means he is capable of understanding it.
If he can understand our love for one another, our hatred for people of other cultures, our frustration with how things are, our paranoid state of mind because of terrorism, all of it, then that means he is perfectly capable of feeling those exact feelings as well.
Therefore, I think since god understands us in a perfect and complete way, there is no point in saying "He will throw you in hell" or "He is going to judge you". Yes. He might judge me. But he isn't going to throw me in a pit of fire for feeling how I do, AFTER he MADE those feelings in the first place.

I don't know. ^Non-sensical rant.
Anyways, yeah. I think there is a god, but he is unlike anything we have imagined before in terms of religion.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
I_Guy Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 12:17 PM | Message # 50

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Anyways, yeah. I think there is a god, but he is unlike anything we have imagined before in terms of religion.

Then you're a deist.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 4:21 PM | Message # 51

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Then you're a deist.

or a pantheist/panentheist/pandeist

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 4:24 PM | Message # 52

Heads
or a PANDA

eboyd Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 4:26 PM | Message # 53

Heads
rofl rofl rofl rofl

where the fuck do you get these pics dude?!?!?! haha!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 4:39 PM | Message # 54

Heads

eboyd Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 4:57 PM | Message # 55

Heads
LMFAO!!!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 03/Dec/09, 9:27 PM | Message # 56

Heads
Erik loves this kind of humor and Sodr2 loves it too. So your are a MINORITY you have no RIGHT to complain you either shut up or someone will shut you up , if you have complains get the approval of the majority to resolve this thing until then shut the fuck up and if you don't we will shut you up

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 6:59 AM | Message # 57

OGs
hey erik, answer the question about the pink unicorn

also... do you Christians find this plausible to be Virgin Mary?

:D

TheWatcher Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 7:33 AM | Message # 58

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
EmSeeD, how could our universe advance so much without some sort of intelligent design?

It was advanced with the usage of incredible intelligence. I know this because the monkeys from the Planet of the Apes did it!

Atheists - 1 Rest - 0

TheWatcher Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 7:35 AM | Message # 59

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Yeah, but human beans have souls.

There is no such thing as a human bean and they most certainly do NOT have souls.

Atheists 2 - Rest 0

TheWatcher Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 7:44 AM | Message # 60

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Good thread.
What am I, being a self-proclaimed agnostic?
I'm sort of stuck in between...

You're a bisexual.

Damn, I just keep knocking these people out the box.

Atheists 3 - Rest 0

Quote (Menace)
or a PANDA

Pandas can't communicate with human beings.

Atheists 4 - Rest 0

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
imple, there is no reason for one to exist.
Society can function just fine without the concept of a "God", or some sort of deity. So why is a god NEEDED? There is no reason for there to be one at all.
Simple:
Society can exist without god.
God can't exist without society putting the concept there in the first place.

So if the concept of my existence isn't put out there and I live in some hole in Israel which I never leave does that mean that I can't exist? Damn, society is a bitch.

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Search: