[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » A Video For Basically Every Argument
A Video For Basically Every Argument
Pensmoke Date: Saturday, 28/Feb/09, 10:24 PM | Message # 1

Removed
This cat has videos debating and/or debunking every argument people pose these days concerning God and/or religion. Anybody TRULY wanting answers and not too stubborn to actually listen should browse the videos and watch the ones that apply to their own personal hang-ups about religion, God, Christ and so on. If you choose to not at least watch them with an open unbiased mind its probably largely due to your uncomfortability in the chance that your worldview could be wrong. Anyway, here's the link.

click this link for videos

Menace Date: Saturday, 28/Feb/09, 10:55 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
uncomfortability in the chance that your worldview could be wrong

that same argument could be used by Atheists against Religious people wink i will watch tomorrow this video and and this video aint that type of video that advocates a Theocracy no ?? cause most Apologetic's are theocratic people so ain't wasting my time whit such thing

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 28/Feb/09, 11:14 PM | Message # 3

OGs
i didnt mind that movie, but the ending was stupid...thnks for the link, tho im sick of watching hitchens and dinnesh debate, ive seen like 5 of them

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 28/Feb/09, 11:14 PM
ill Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 1:11 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
its refreshing to see a debate involving religous people that is serious. i got no problem with religion as long as its seperate from the state & school but thats not the case lol

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:56 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (ill)
its refreshing to see a debate involving religous people that is serious. i got no problem with religion as long as its seperate from the state & school but thats not the case lol

well that's what THEOCRACY means and that's what all these Christian Apologetic's and all religious fundamentalists want they want a totalitarian society governed by the Church these people seem to not understand the term secular it's something else to be religious an example my mom she is a very religious women but she doesn't let religion disturb her world views or how she socializing whit the people around her these people that waste time on religious debates as Hitchens and D'Souza these are the same people that don't give a shit about the welfare of the human race instead of bringing facts about how God is there or not why they ain't bringing some solutions to our fucking problems ?? you got the eastern and southern hemisphere starving let them bring some solutions to stop world poverty MAN THESE PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC !!!

ill Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 12:11 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
word i hate it when people preach morals, especialy when the church was a very large force behind prop 8. when its suffering they are not responable for now its different but when they conciously discriminate for the sake of upholding "morals", rawrr gets me pissed like dont you have something better to do?? lol

he mentions the point about sparta but then his holy book says stone adulterers, christian morals shaped the world we are in now no doubt and alot of them had a positive effect but i think its time we move on, we've moved beyond thinking the world is 6000 years old and adulterers should be stoned

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 7:24 PM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Menace)
they want a totalitarian society governed by the Church

(Christian) church + state = moral society

i mean without religion you have ppl voting no on prob 8 among other things...and who says i dont care about the "welfare of the human race"?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 7:33 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
(Christian) church + state = moral society

homophobia and prop 8 is part of the discriminatory category trough that law you shit on the UNIVERSAL HUMAN RIGHTS ACT and the church and the state is not a moral society theocracy failed a long time ago you need to go into the medieval ages and see how moral they were in fact secularism made the world a better place and don't bring me that Darwinist shit whit Hitler cause Hitler and the Aryan notion of race is taken from religion from Hindu Christian and Judaic religion

Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 7:37 PM | Message # 9

Heads
and in general religious people were whit that Prop 8 stuff along whit major homophobic hypocrites ask Erik

Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 7:40 PM | Message # 10

Heads
ohh and Pen the Talibans and Osama are theocratic persons too they want a Islamic republic and the president of Iran is the same wink

11thPlague Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 7:57 PM | Message # 11

Removed
Quote (Pensmoke)
f you choose to not at least watch them with an open unbiased mind its probably largely due to your uncomfortability in the chance that your worldview could be wrong

Could yours be wrong?

ill Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 8:28 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
expelled by that creationist guy?

The World Is Yours
11thPlague Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 8:29 PM | Message # 13

Removed
Quote (Pensmoke)
You need to watch the movie Expelled. The Darwin/Hitler connection is clear. Obviously you wont watch though because you think you know it all already. People like you trip me out man. You cling to your pov but are scared to listen unbiased to someone elses views. I have always been willing to at least listen to the atheists and the "ism" people like yourselfs' point of view even though I don't agree with it. And if calling marriage a union between a man and woman is being a hypocrite then I guess I am one.

Quote (Menace)
a good short and at the object response to D'Souza's what Atheists Kan’t refute http://www.rationalresponders.com/dsouza_nothing_to_refute_here

LOL omg here we go again people need to stop posting or responding to "I love god" and "I hate god" Bullshit threads

WE BELIEVE BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THATS WHY ITS CALLED FAITH

I HAVE FAITH THAT THERE IS NO GOD AND YOU HAVE FAITH THAT THERE IS A GOD

SO STOP ARGUING AINT NO ONE CHANGING ANYONE MIND ABOUT RELIGION!!!!!!!

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 8:31 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Yes I believe in God. What are you lost about? And, what video wont work? I am like only one of 4 people here who do believe in God. Everybody else is on some like anarchist, psuedo-revolutionary, atheist, "we are superior and advanced/progressive because we dont believe in God" type stuff. Its kinda tired.

I believe in god
Quote (11thPlague)
WE BELIEVE BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THATS WHY ITS CALLED FAITH
I HAVE FAITH THAT THERE IS NO GOD AND YOU HAVE FAITH THAT THERE IS A GOD
SO STOP ARGUING AINT NO ONE CHANGING ANYONE MIND ABOUT RELIGION!!!!!!!

that wont work on here man.....I just realized how much people dont care for opinions on this site
Ive always noticed but I thought things would get better, but it seems unlikely
Im done with all this, no more of this for me Im out

Sick With It
11thPlague Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 8:32 PM | Message # 15

Removed
Quote (Pensmoke)
bviously you wont watch though because you think you know it all already. People like you trip me out man. You cling to your pov but are scared to listen unbiased to someone elses views. I have always been willing to at least listen to the atheists and the "ism" people like yourselfs' point of view even though I don't agree with it. And if calling marriage a union between a man and woman is being a hypocrite then I guess I am one.

That bothers me and it sounds like you pissed about something

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » A Video For Basically Every Argument
Search: