Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Religion Is Plague
Menace Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 1:47 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
and im a person who used to be a member of a fundalmenatlist televangelist church, that church i used to go to is now turning into a cult, they want to now build their own walled city. It really makes me sad coz its these big flashy fake churches that have so many (mainly young) members but they don't realise churches like that are the ones that are full of shit.

u changed alot man u changed ALOT i remember our small arguments heated arguments from the old site but from then it seems u changed not only on the approach on this kind of things but the consciousness and menatlity

eboyd Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 1:51 PM | Message # 17

Heads
EmSeed, you should read some of William Blake's poetry. he was a very religious Christian who believed that the priesthood was the greatest evil that the world had seen. also, he was one of the few people in the late 1700's/early 1800's who was against the slavery and discrimination of black people. i think you may find his writings quite intriguing.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 1:55 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (Menace)
u changed alot man u changed ALOT i remember our small arguments heated arguments from the old site but from then it seems u changed not only on the approach on this kind of things but the consciousness and menatlity

yeah iv learnt a lot of new things. i just don't think religion is right, coz its a man made thing not a spiritual thing. so its a corrupt thing.

Quote (eboyd)
EmSeed, you should read some of William Blake's poetry. he was a very religious Christian who believed that the priesthood was the greatest evil that the world had seen. also, he was one of the few people in the late 1700's/early 1800's who was against the slavery and discrimination of black people. i think you may find his writings quite intriguing.

sweet man im gonna read up on that for sure.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 2:08 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand - Karl Marx

Religion is the opium of the people - Karl Marx

Deadly-Sin Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 2:37 PM | Message # 20

Removed
William Blake? yeah we did a school project
on him in high school, our art teacher was a huge
poetry person(yes that makes no sense)
but yeah for art we had to come up with
a poetry painting something that uses poetry
in a painting,
eboyd Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 2:40 PM | Message # 21

Heads
that's cool. in fact, here. this is probably my favorite Blake poem:

The Garden of Love

I laid me down upon a bank,
Where Love lay sleeping;
I heard among the rushes dank
Weeping, weeping.

Then I went to the heath and the wild,
To the thistles and thorns of the waste;
And they told me how they were beguiled,
Driven out, and compelled to the chaste.

I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 2:58 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

i heard of this guy i mean the dude was a gnostic he showed the features of gnosticism way before the gnostic scrolls were found and he saw the reality behind the church and how the church puts itself way before God and makes itself more scared then God

Menace Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 3:00 PM | Message # 23

Heads
and Emseed u show features of gnosticism too i mean your understanding of spirituality before institutionalized religion is one of the main factors in gnosticism

eboyd Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 3:07 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Menace, i posted one of his poems above. go ahead and read it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Sunday, 09/Nov/08, 3:16 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Menace, i posted one of his poems above. go ahead and read it.

yes i saw that very nice and he is the same person that i talked about up there

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 8:24 PM | Message # 26

OGs
you need religion for salvation...just sayin

Quote (EmSeed)
i just don't think religion is right, coz its a man made thing not a spiritual thing

1. only those "new religious movements" are man made like scientology...theres over hundreds of these today
2. what then is a "spiritual thing"?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 8:47 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
1. only those "new religious movements" are man made like scientology...theres over hundreds of these today

religion is nothing more than a bunch of traditions and rituals that have more to do with man than God. Im talking about things like the Catholic Church, in fact pretty much all religions like that. Its like the pharisee's they concentrate more on the traditions and laws than God this is what i see as religion, its more about the people in charge of this religion who use it to gain power to get their own way. I am a christian but i don't follow this kind of religious thing and a lot of christians preach that christianity is not supposed to be a religion. Im not talking about scientology which is pretty much the same. but i know a lot about churches like the catholic church who have all these little nit picky rules which have little to do with God. thats why i said it wasn't a spiritual thing.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 12/Nov/08, 9:10 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)

Yo sodr2 if u want to understand something check my threads called Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? and The Affinity Between Christianity and Paganism u will understand me one some of us if u read them we are not against religion we are against religion as a institution of power also called institutionalized religion

I_Guy Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 10:31 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Hmm. Cant help but think I sparked this recent posting of 2 new anti-religion threads. I cannot expect someone as yourself to understand why I believe what I believe. What I believe has nothing to do with conspiracy theories or revolutionist propaganda. It has little to do with narrow minded stereotypes of what people think a Christian is. It has to do with the fact that I would almost certainly be shot dead or in jail now if not for God. I am from Memphis and cats don't care about the life of the next man. Its about the hustle and getting over there. What you and people like yourself who put Christians in a little box and label them need to understand is this: God has undeniably confirmed things in my life in DIRECT response to acting in obedience to specific Biblical promises/principles. There is nothing esoteric or trendy about my Faith. It's not the latest revolutionary cause for the young cats to jump on the bandwagon of so they can seem like they are "up on things". What I believe works for me, and has been proven to me in my OWN EXPERIENCE time and time again. Don't knock what you don't understand. Even though listening to Richard Dawkins and/or some other cats with an anti-God agenda makes you THINK you understand. Don't knock what you never tried bruh, that's all.

Quote (Pensmoke)
Pensmoke is a veteran you know nothing about bruh.
If you don't have "a dog in the fight" so to speak (since you don't believe in God) then why jump into this?

Quote (sodr2)
you need religion for salvation...just sayin
Quote (EmSeed)
i just don't think religion is right, coz its a man made thing not a spiritual thing

%)

BTW
Man Emseed, your posts were legendary in this thread. You are the epitome of a rational deist who captures my respect. I have respect for people who believe in god (rather I do or not), I just don't have respect for people who follow religion.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 0:32 AM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
BTW
Man Emseed, your posts were legendary in this thread.

lmao thanks B) SI woot << official siwooot smiley

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Search: