erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 5:50 PM | Message # 77

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
it's absolutely necessary for that person to be gone.

no, it's absolutely necessary to rationally point out and warn that person not to do that again at risk of possible temporary or even permanent ban.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 5:54 PM | Message # 78

Heads
there you go ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 6:08 PM | Message # 79

Heads
A sign of affection :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 6:57 PM | Message # 80

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)

Well, it's true, if you don't follow the rules, it's absolutely necessary for that person to be gone.

what person?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 6:09 PM | Message # 81

OGs
has anyone even heard what happened @ Nag Hamadi?

it scares me knowing that im living in this country as a christian

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 3:05 AM | Message # 82

Heads

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Dookie Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 4:20 AM | Message # 83

Emcees
Science can be wrong, and has been wrong in the past, what makes you so sure that its 100 percent correct as most of science is based on theory, until a better or more accurate theory comes along. I believe in a creator, as science and atheism was rather nihilistic and unfufilling. As for Organized Religion i dont need someone to interpret shit for me, i do it of my own accord. Organized Religion is just a system of control anyways and too many people cant see that fact. Plus no-one is mentioning the positive aspects of all holy scriptures of any religion, arent the positive laws, tenets and philosophies surrounding them good reason to read them for that alone and a good way to conduct your life anyways?

Plus eboyd your taking "eye for an eye" out of context. Someone has to be nazi enough to gouge someones eye out in the first place, and that nazi took someone eye. what just give him a grilling over how naughty it is to take someones eye, give him a fine/few month sentence maybe and send him on his ways, that other person has to live without an eye for the rest of his/her life. the justice system is fail.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 4:28 AM | Message # 84

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
Science can be wrong, and has been wrong in the past,

And we will probably never be absolutely right with anything. Truth is very provisional. And even when we do think we have found the "truth," it is probably only the shadow of truth.

Quote (Dookie)
I believe in a creator, as science and atheism was rather nihilistic and unfufilling.

It's intellectually dishonest to abandon truth in exchange for wishful thinking or better feelings. But actually there is a different kind of beauty and grandeur in science and atheism, a person's perspective simply has to be reoriented. Meaning and value can be creatable without a god.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 5:12 AM | Message # 85

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
Plus eboyd your taking "eye for an eye" out of context. Someone has to be nazi enough to gouge someones eye out in the first place, and that nazi took someone eye. what just give him a grilling over how naughty it is to take someones eye, give him a fine/few month sentence maybe and send him on his ways, that other person has to live without an eye for the rest of his/her life. the justice system is fail.

wha??!?!?! that quote was from Gandhi and it was directed at people who fight violence with violence. it can also apply to anyone who does something bad to someone that did the same thing to them.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 6:29 AM | Message # 86

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
wha??!?!?! that quote was from Gandhi and it was directed at people who fight violence with violence. it can also apply to anyone who does something bad to someone that did the same thing to them.

im aware that Ghandi said it, however you are using it yes, and you using it implies you take stock in that quote am i not correct, anyways, fighting back in self defense is justified. but the line in the sand is rather hazy when it comes to that, whether your violent response is justified or not. Using religion to justify violence, in general is wrong ie god tells me so or that other nonsense.

Quote (I_Guy)
It's intellectually dishonest to abandon truth in exchange for wishful thinking or better feelings.

Oh no i havent abandoned science or truth in that matter, just any science that tries to pinpoint the reasons for our coming into existence, would be much better effort into sorting out more important problems that plague the earth at this current moment in time. I was just generalizing, shouldve been a bit more specific. However in the case of truth, it differs because of the multitude of perceptions of the reality around us for different people.

Quote (I_Guy)
Meaning and value can be creatable without a god.

very true, it depends on the persons outlook.

Quote (I_Guy)
a person's perspective simply has to be reoriented.

i can speak from personal experience of perspective re-orientation from negative to positive.

Added (17/Jan/10, 6:29 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (laPennello)
Nothing more, nothing less. what we live and experience is a holographic view that our brains put together from the signals that we receive.

David Icke eh

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 6:33 AM | Message # 87

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
Oh no i havent abandoned science or truth in that matter, just any science that tries to pinpoint the reasons for our coming into existence, would be much better effort into sorting out more important problems that plague the earth at this current moment in time. I was just generalizing, shouldve been a bit more specific. However in the case of truth, it differs because of the multitude of perceptions of the reality around us for different people.

we have plenty of scientists, enough to look into this topic and to look into other topics that are more important. there is a lot of knowledge to be gained from cosmology as well. if we know how the universe began (if it did), maybe we can know how it is going to end (if it will) and find a way to prevent it from wiping us out. also, finding out whether or not a God exists may help us end organized religion and the inherent oppression involved.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 6:33 AM | Message # 88

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
David Icke eh

nah, that's actually idealism. David Icke is an idiot lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 7:41 AM | Message # 89

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
David Icke is an idiot lol

very true, i only mentioned it because thats what David Icke believes, so he must be an idealist.

Quote (eboyd)
finding out whether or not a God exists may help us end organized religion and the inherent oppression involved.

Its not the religion, rather the narrow-minded people that use it to create the oppression and ramps for their fascist views.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 7:47 AM | Message # 90

Heads
Quote (Dookie)
very true, i only mentioned it because thats what David Icke believes, so he must be an idealist.

i think he's more of a sensationalist and an i-want-to-make-money-off-of-peoples'-gullibility-ist. true idealists don't also believe that George Bush is a lizard. idealism is a philosophy and i think what laPen was referring to was actually sollipsism which is very similar but it is specifically a philosophy of the mind whereas idealism is more on the "i think therefore i am... and nothing more can be concluded" tip.

Quote (Dookie)
Its not the religion, rather the narrow-minded people that use it to create the oppression and ramps for their fascist views.

unfortunately, however, this oppression is an inherent side effect of organized religion. when irrational thinking is involved you will always have oppressive and fascist views.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Search: