Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Religion Is Plague
eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:18 PM | Message # 46

Heads
Btw, we don't have to prove a damn thing. You made the claim, you have the burden of proof in your court.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:20 PM | Message # 47

Heads
MY BRAIN IS HURTING !!!

Graffiti
Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:21 PM | Message # 48

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
whats supernatural about the bible?

the claims the bible make are supernatural not the bible itself as a literary work and Ace long time no see man what's up ?

eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:22 PM | Message # 49

Heads
8, Stfu. You are not only making yourself look bad by saying such stupid things as "you must leave blah blah blah", you are making us look bad by extension.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:25 PM | Message # 50

Heads
Quote (Menace)
the claims the bible make are supernatural not the bible itself as a literary work and Ace long time no see man what's up ?

So do the little kids story with the fairy and the talking egg ,but i dont believe in them do i? Sup man ,yeah long time no see ,get yo ass on the messenger

Graffiti
s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:37 PM | Message # 51

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Energy is eternal and it decayed into matter and anti-matter which, through a natural process, gained complexity and built up into a singularity that spawned the universe and continued gaining complexity to become the current universe we have today.

Or this:

Before there was time there was an eternal and infinitely complex spiritual being. This being, who, by definition, is a living being, created all that exists, which also presupposes that he/she/it is, at the very least, more powerful than any other single force that has ever existed.

Can I ask (again) what is wrong with an eternal and infinitely complex spiritual being ((creating this energy)), and directing creation through this process which you speak of? Please just tell me that it's a lack of evidence that a god exists, but if there was, 'the god theory' would be compatible with the scientific theories. I mean you yourself said that if God revealed Himself to you, you would believe. Then what would you do with all the theories about energy being eternal, evolution, etc? Would you disregard them or combine them with the 'god theory'?

((Btw, you mentioned energy being eternal... I thought absolute infinity doesn't exist?))

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:55 PM | Message # 52

Heads
Option 2 of my theory covers that. The eternally existing being would have to pre-date that which he created and so it goes back to option 2. And if he revealed himself to me and I was absolutely positive that I wasn't hallucinating (which would be hard to convince me of), I would probably begin looking for evidence in other places that would show why the theories I believe in now are wrong.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 4:01 PM | Message # 53

Heads
my motto is that as long as i dont know the real answer i rely on logic and science because they were the ones that made us smart and inteligent beings ,not god or the church

Graffiti
eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 4:31 PM | Message # 54

Heads
^^^ not just that but science filled in the answers that we didn't previously have and religion just proposed answers that turned out to be false.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 8:15 PM | Message # 55

Heads
Religion is truly plague. We in America have no idea. We have to deal with these ridiculous fundamentalists, but in Europe they have big problems in a different way.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 8:59 PM | Message # 56

Heads
I_Guy about Pat Condell read this whole article and tell me it ain't true ?? anyone who talks about national identity, floodgates, multicultural mafia and “Islamisation” is for me either a conspirational nut or a far right nut job

this the article
http://thinkerspodium.wordpress.com/2009....t-on-us

I_Guy Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 2:59 AM | Message # 57

Heads
Oh I know. The guy is over-the-top. But he does state some facts (he dramatizes them), but the facts are what concern me. Because there is a scary truth to them. Religion should get no upper-hand of any kind.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:20 AM | Message # 58

Heads
wow i can't believe Ireland made it illegal to criticise religion that's rediculous.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:27 AM | Message # 59

Heads
No, that was the Netherlands, though I don't think it was only limited to the Netherlands so idk... and I believe that was a couple of years ago. And it was actually based on a NATO charter passed that required NATO countries to follow what they called "Anti-Blasphemy Laws" that effectively make all religious criticism illegal, however, few countries are obeying this law. I swear though, if they did inforce it I guarantee it would lead to the eventual enforcement of Fatwas on people who disobeyed said laws.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 11:08 AM | Message # 60

Heads
because of multiculturalism this blasphemy laws are made hate speech is not free speech as we in the AntiFA say the problems get deeper socially this laws are needed because there is racial tensions in Europe in our days especially in the UK anyone here heard of the Bradford riots ?? or the one in Birmingham ?? if these laws disappear the UK will go in flames i guarantee that Pat Condell should joint the British National Party that he so sympathetic whit and start marching down for the "British Race ".

Quote (eboyd)
it I guarantee it would lead to the eventual enforcement of Fatwas on people who disobeyed said laws.

why everybody acting like these laws are intrinsic only for Muslims ?? these laws protect every religion this is just islamphobia coming from the right wing these laws that everyone are hearing about are actually enforced and they are legal because they are made in a pluralistic context of secular society any REAL ATHEIST or Secularist knows that . Right wingers like Pat Condell don't want to hear that for we are the multicultural mafia that wants the Islamification of his dear country.

And please people study these laws that were passed don't rely on hearsay and other peoples opinions . These laws actually don't ban religious criticism. The UN resolution on religious defamation is not merged in the penal system. The Romanian Humanist Association alongside the British one actually backs this law because this law is not merged in the penal system nor applied individually this law goes hand in hand whit the secular status of the state. This law enforces state secularity for example take my country there is a problem in our schools everywhere in our public schools you find religious iconography on the walls and alongside it prayer is allowed this is illegal because schools are public institutions so by the Constitution this is illegal but people don't enforce it so this EU and UN resolution comes into action this law prohibits such acts in public institutions because such acts are considered antagonistic against other religions. This is what this law is all about check the UN and EU websites and read the law and it will be clear . Pat Condell is mad because this is a pluralistic approach to this problem as he himself states he does not like pluralism nor multiculturalism.

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Search: