Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion Is Plague
Religion Is Plague
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 3:20 AM | Message # 31

Heads
^^^^ rofl

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 3:38 AM | Message # 32

Heads
btw the whole don't follow religion is quite a common belief in a lot of modern churches, i do have doubts about my beliefs sometimes though

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 3:53 AM | Message # 33

Heads
Yeah but there's still alot of bible talk.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Jul/09, 1:47 PM | Message # 34

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
I just don't have respect for people who follow religion.

%)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 31/Oct/09, 4:26 PM | Message # 35

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Prove that to us and don't mention the bible because I will not be impressed LOL

wow... you want a nonreligious explanation of how one needs religion for salvation?

if youre a student in class, how do you expect to learn the teachers lesson plan? the teacher is the one who tells you it, you dont discover it on your own using little 'clues' and evidence, thats stupid

God is the one who tells us about salvation, and His plan has been revealed and recorded in the Bible... so how do you expect me to prove something supernatural by natural means?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Saturday, 31/Oct/09, 5:44 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
wow... you want a nonreligious explanation of how one needs religion for salvation?

if youre a student in class, how do you expect to learn the teachers lesson plan? the teacher is the one who tells you it, you dont discover it on your own using little 'clues' and evidence, thats stupid

God is the one who tells us about salvation, and His plan has been revealed and recorded in the Bible... so how do you expect me to prove something supernatural by natural means?

salvation based on a dogma is not salvation at all salvation must be universal so it can be SALVATION if salvation is based on a dogma then it will not bring salvation whit will bring genocides , hate , intolerance it's like Communists saying the only salvation is Karl Marx and Lenin

eboyd Date: Saturday, 31/Oct/09, 7:08 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Wow, I completely disagree with my statement from back then lol!

Both the big bang and the theory of evolution are evidence that heavily negate God (or at least God within Christianity and other religions. It doesn't take care of the deist God but Occam's Razor does) and though the cogito is the only literally provable thing in the universe, evolution, the big bang, abiogenesis, etc., have all been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

We will soon have a working theory of everything (probably within the next decade) which will prove that everything not only could have come about without necessity of a God, but that a God's existence would be counterproductive to the creation of the universe and counterintuitive to our understanding of how it came about and I am predicting that when that happens and a hundred years later when most people come to accept these theories, the religious wing nuts will all have to become conspiracy theorists or idealists.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

8D Date: Saturday, 31/Oct/09, 8:42 PM | Message # 38

Watchers
God would have no purpose in existing, period. As Menace said:
[quote=Menace]there is no need for God the universe will still exist so what will be my point as a God then ?? watch out after teens having sex ?? LOL come on [/quote]
s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:18 PM | Message # 39

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Both the big bang and the theory of evolution are evidence that heavily negate God (or at least God within Christianity and other religions.

i still dont see why you dont accept the possibility of God being the author of the big bang, evolution, etc, just as He sustains everything else

Quote (8Diagrams)
Btw, you can't insult someone's beliefs with claims of stupidity, etc. Besides, one could also argue that you can't discover the origins of the universe by studying the bible. Do not insult other people's beliefs if you don't want yours to be insulted as well.

im saying trying to discover the supernatural by natural means is stupid, like using a microscope to discover stars... and no you cannot discover the universe by studying the Bible

Added (01/Nov/09, 12:18 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (sodr2)

no one understands this analogy?

Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:26 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i still dont see why you dont accept the possibility of God being the author of the big bang, evolution, etc, just as He sustains everything else

because you don't understand basic science we know how the big bang happened nobody was the author of it

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:28 PM | Message # 41

OGs
what does science have to do with God?

nobody was the author of it
EVIDENCE?!?

Message edited by sodr2 - Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:29 PM
Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:37 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
EVIDENCE?!?

Singularities are created by intense gravitational pressures . Pressure is so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density . Zones of infinite density are called "singularities. This is how our universe came to be our universe sprang into existence as a singularity. It's no intelligent design behind it.

Menace Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 12:41 PM | Message # 43

Heads
God is supernatural God is not part of matter so God does not exist it's simple science what is not matter does not exist ;)

eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:16 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Sodr, for one, I already explained why energy being eternal is the simplest answer (I think), but I will bring this argument to you again:

Using Occam's Razor ("the simplest answer is most often the correct one." Btw, the more grandios the claim the more likely Occam's Razor is to hold true), we examine the two statements:

Energy is eternal and it decayed into matter and anti-matter which, through a natural process, gained complexity and built up into a singularity that spawned the universe and continued gaining complexity to become the current universe we have today.

Or this:

Before there was time there was an eternal and infinitely complex spiritual being. This being, who, by definition, is a living being, created all that exists, which also presupposes that he/she/it is, at the very least, more powerful than any other single force that has ever existed.

And that is giving no bias toward any specific monotheistic religion. I could have gotten into the omnis and the claims of everything created in 6 days, etc., but this definition could even apply to deism.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 3:17 PM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
And what makes the Bible supernatural?

whats supernatural about the bible?

Graffiti