[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
UGHHH Jesus camp
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 6:51 PM | Message # 16

Heads
my problem with these people is that they are teaching young children the wrong things and things they don't understand. they make children speak in these fake tongues, pray in front of a picture of george bush, pray against abortion and all this other stuff, but the kids are so young they don't know what they're doing and are being brainwashed. they will grow up ignorant and they will shut other people out and think praying in tongues is gonna cure everything not knowing it will do nothing.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 6:55 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
my problem with these people is that they are teaching young children the wrong things and things they don't understand. they make children speak in these fake tongues, pray in front of a picture of george bush, pray against abortion and all this other stuff, but the kids are so young they don't know what they're doing and are being brainwashed. they will grow up ignorant and they will shut other people out and think praying in tongues is gonna cure everything not knowing it will do nothing.

Co-Sign.
They are taking away the childrens free will.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 7:22 PM | Message # 18

Heads
religion as politics will divide and destroy us humanity always was and is enslaved by her own forms of organization and their dogmatism if we don't break the shackles of dogmatism we will be exterminated human survival depends on our enlightenment power must be diminished religious , political and even moral.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 7:24 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
aleins will come kill us all anyways,

eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 7:33 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
And I dont refer to myself as a fundamentilist because.
1. I have changed alot since... Whenever.
2. Just because I beleive in the bible doesent mean I think it is a historical record. For all I know, Harry Potter wrote that shit.

dude, i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to sodr.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Plus you have to take into mind that even the most intelligent man back then would be considered fairly dumb now-a-days.

false. humans have had the same mental capacity since the first homosapiens inhabited our planet. the only difference is advances in technology and knowledge.

Quote (sodr2)
1. It's a place of worship, even Jesus Himself accepted it:

i actually hear that is not true. apparently Jesus fought against institutionalization of religion during his life. i do not remember where i read this, but i recall reading it. idk how true this is though, or whether or not Jesus even actually existed.

Quote (sodr2)
Don't tell me these are metaphors. Why would Jesus mention that He will remain in us if we eat His flesh/blood? If we could remain in Him without His body and blood, why would He even mention what He did?

how could that possibly not be a metaphor???? how do you LITERALLY eat Jesus' flesh and drink his blood???? his blood has long coagulated and probably turned to dust and his flesh has most definitely been eaten away by bacteria. all that probably remains of Jesus is bones that have been turned to dust, so it isn't possible to "eat his flesh/blood" unless this is meant in a completely metaphorical sense.

Quote (Menace)
religion as politics will divide and destroy us humanity always was and is enslaved by her own forms of organization and their dogmatism if we don't break the shackles of dogmatism we will be exterminated human survival depends on our enlightenment power must be diminished religious , political and even moral.

Menace, along with being an agnostic and nonbeliever in God, doesn't believe in the use of periods to separate sentences lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 7:52 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Menace, along with being an agnostic and nonbeliever in God, doesn't believe in the use of periods to separate sentences

lol lol

But i am true tough we can't negate the influence our environment has on us and how our own buildings after we built them always falls on us religious people always babble about Adam and Eve and their garden of eden and what beautiful it was but the same religious people don't try to reconstruct it because they wait for their God to take them away that is SUICIDE for the entire human race how Adam and Eve lived in the garden of Eden ? they didn't have the burden of "private property " they didn't need Churches because they spoke to God directly i know it's fiction but it seems we don't learn nothing from it we don't keep our religion to ourselves we sells ourselves as products and put values on ourselves a piece of land owns us we don't own a piece of land it's disgusting how humanity evolved

eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 7:57 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (Menace)
But i am true tough we can't negate the influence our environment has on us and how our own buildings after we built them always falls on us religious people always babble about Adam and Eve and their garden of eden and what beautiful it was but the same religious people don't try to reconstruct it because they wait for their God to take them away that is SUICIDE for the entire human race how Adam and Eve lived in the garden of Eden ? they didn't have the burden of "private property " they didn't need Churches because they spoke to God directly i know it's fiction but it seems we don't learn nothing from it we don't keep our religion to ourselves we sells ourselves as products and put values on ourselves a piece of land owns us we don't own a piece of land it's disgusting how humanity evolved

i know. i didn't negate it biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 8:03 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i know. i didn't negate it

i didn't say that i said "we" implying everyone that negates those who think that we are the same those who wait for "salvation"

eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 8:16 PM | Message # 24

Heads
lol lol lol lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 10:09 PM | Message # 25

OGs
why must you be doing this to me menace!!

last thing i just wanna say:

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Just because you dont fast means your not in a good relationship with god? I think it doesent matter if you go to church, or fast, or all that. I think all god wants is for you to have a relationship with him, and accecpt his free gift of salvation. That is all. He could care less if you give 1000000000 dollars to the church, or if you are smart or dumb. He loves you as you are.

youre right, it doesnt matter if you're smart/dumb, or carrying out certain rituals or w/e....Christians believe that salvation comes by believing in Jesus and ---->>>accepting <<<---- all that He taught. for eg. the sacraments

many of Jesus' disciples left Him when He began preaching that they should literally eat His flesh and blood. btw erik, ever hear of miracles? Jesus would have said body instead of flesh if He meant it to be a metaphor....the bread during communion doesnt change in its physical form, but it becomes the body and blood of Christ....yeah....

Matthew 26:26-28
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

BTW bacon, u say that hell is a hoax...what about the verses at the very top of the page? you say that the Bible has been changed....ever hear of the dead sea scrolls?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 10:13 PM
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 04/Jul/09, 10:33 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
many of Jesus' disciples left Him when He began preaching that they should literally eat His flesh and blood. btw erik, ever hear of miracles? Jesus would have said body instead of flesh if He meant it to be a metaphor....the bread during communion doesnt change in its physical form, but it becomes the body and blood of Christ....yeah....

are you kidding me man, of course its a metaphor and the scripture you quoted only proved it,

Quote (sodr2)
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

notice he only said it when he took the bread, and referred to the bread as his body, then they ate the bread. if he was literal they would have eaten Jesus alive right there at the table

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 0:13 AM | Message # 27

Emcees
Quote (sodr2)
---->>>accepting <<<---- all that He taught. for eg. the sacraments

This is a serious question.
I have a hard time beleiving it, and I can almost say I dont beleive it. Isnt that natural? Isnt it just sin in the flesh trying to get the best of me? I accecpt it, and try to live by it, but I cant say I always have easiest time beleiving it.

And I dont know waht the dead sea scrolls are..
Educate me.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 4:08 AM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Quote (EmSeeD)
are you kidding me man, of course its a metaphor and the scripture you quoted only proved it,

EXACTLY!!!

Quote (EmSeeD)
if he was literal they would have eaten Jesus alive right there at the table

lol lol lol lol

i can see it now. we wouldn't be wearing a cross as a symbol of admiration for Christ dying for our sins, we'd be wearing bibs lol

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
And I dont know waht the dead sea scrolls are..
Educate me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_sea_scrolls

^^^Wiki isn't the most reliable source but it will give you the general info you need. sodr bringing this up, however, is null because 1. the best translations we have been able to come up with have only been estimated at about 30% correct, 2. many of the scrolls were documents that told stories that, if we are interpreting them correctly, are quite controversial and negate many things that are in the bible and, naturally, were ultimately left out, and 3. many of the scrolls are smudged or ripped apart and therefore hard to decipher regardless of if we understand the language or not.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 4:59 AM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
^^^Wiki isn't the most reliable source but it will give you the general info you need. sodr bringing this up, however, is null because 1. the best translations we have been able to come up with have only been estimated at about 30% correct, 2. many of the scrolls were documents that told stories that, if we are interpreting them correctly, are quite controversial and negate many things that are in the bible and, naturally, were ultimately left out, and 3. many of the scrolls are smudged or ripped apart and therefore hard to decipher regardless of if we understand the language or not.

what i thought the accepted books were actually very similar to the ones from the caves.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 5:27 AM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
what i thought the accepted books were actually very similar to the ones from the caves.

many of them are. it's just that there are a few that were found in there that weren't part of the accepted books.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
Search: