[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
UGHHH Jesus camp
eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 11:10 PM | Message # 91

Heads
Lol! I was wondering that too! lol I think Menace was saying that it is a very true analogy though.

Anyways, ThaScience, yeah, the Christians of the Crusades dropped leaflets for weeks on end telling their enemies to evacuate the land or they would be murdered rolleyes

That's what happened in 1945. That doesn't justify what they did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but it does make it a completely different story.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 0:22 AM | Message # 92

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yeah, the Christians of the Crusades dropped leaflets for weeks on end telling their enemies to evacuate the land or they would be murdered

lmao don't say that menace might agree with it

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Bacon Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 0:33 AM | Message # 93

Watchers
[quote=sodr2]BTW, God made His commandments CLEAR, that if you sin, you WILL be punished.[/quote]
That was some dumb shit, sodr.
We ALL sin....
I think you know why I think this was stupid...

By the way, how do we know some guy didnt just write this book? For all we know, it suposed to be fiction.

eboyd Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 0:57 AM | Message # 94

Heads
Imo it is probably true documentation that has been severely twisted to make people live a certain way. Unfortunately the people who translated it had an agenda and wanted to make sure that for the years to come everything would remain the same and in their power. Christianity is good. The Christian church (not your local church, but the high ups , especially in Catholicism like the Pope) is evil.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 1:12 AM | Message # 95

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
especially in Catholicism like the Pope) is evil.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ThaScience Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 9:27 AM | Message # 96

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Anyways, ThaScience, yeah, the Christians of the Crusades dropped leaflets for weeks on end telling their enemies to evacuate the land or they would be murdered rolleyes

well yh, but its not as if the crusaders went right into the city and killed everyone which is what dennis thinks. it was a war, if the people wish to stay after their muslim army lost its there fault and they can deal with the consequences, how many towns/cities went up in flames back in those times? lol. a genocide is to wipe every one of those people from that ethnicity off the face of the world. this was just Many wars over a city.. not more nothin less. damn.

Quote (eboyd)
The Christian church (not your local church, but the high ups , especially in Catholicism like the Pope) is evil.

No.

Menace Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 10:31 AM | Message # 97

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....periods

If they didnt over run obvious christian territory then it wouldnt have happened.. but it is knwn as a holy war all around the world, not a genocide. ive never heard crusade and genocide in the same sentence ever b4

Jerusalem was under Muslim rule if you read that what you posted you will see that Christian Orthodox churches were allowed to be built and as well as Jews were actually allowed in the Temple Mount which now days they aren't the problem wasn't about the Holy land or that city the problem was the east was becoming more dangerous by the day passes the Eastern Orthodox Church was actually allied whit the Caliphate the Eastern Orthodox Church actually condemned the Crusades and after Saladin took the city back Saladin gave free way to Jews and Christian Orthodox into Jerusalem the Crusades were what we call now days a proxy war from the west against the east look at this war from a militaristic angle and you will see and wiping out a certain cultural group from an area or city or whatever is an actual genocide by dictionary definition .

Quote (ThaScience)
No.

oh come on stop defending power structures you speak like a fucking priest be an individual the notion of individualism is something blurry for you you talk about your rights to some other people lands and all that crap come on man be an individual

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 1:22 PM | Message # 98

Emcees
Menace where the FUCK do you learn all this?
I know for damn sure it isnt in school...
And i dont know how the fuck you find all these books.
Do you just go to the history section and just read?
Im being serious. Im not making fun of you.
I want to know.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:06 PM | Message # 99

OGs
lol, i have the same question menace

Added (06/Jul/09, 2:06 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Bacon)
That was some dumb shit, sodr.
We ALL sin....
I think you know why I think this was stupid...

first of all you shouldnt call anything "dumb shit" and "stupid" unless you have an explanation for it, now i dont wanna blabber about this, i know i dont give the best answers, so ill quote someone else explaining the harsh punishments back then that you have a problem with...please read it, it actually taught me a few things:

The people of the Old Testament lived under the law of that testament. God sent His Son to redeem us from the law. (New Testament)
Now, because we are forgiven and no longer under the penalty of the law, we are to equally forgive others. God is a God of justice, when their was no Savior, the people of those days were judged by the penalty of the law. Christ fulfilled the law through His perfect righteousness and obedience to Gods commandments. This is Gods plan of salvation...We are sinners, yet He forgives us and never stops loving us so He took our place on that cross at Calvary. That is the consequence of our sin, that Crucifixion is what each and every one of us deserve. But God had compassion on us, He did not want to see us suffer such a horrible fate. He loves us so much that He put Himself in our spot on that cross. Just as a loving Dad or Mom would push their child out of the way of a speeding car, suffering the impact themselves out of love for their child. If God had not shown us that the law was impossible to keep and simply provided His plan of salvation through faith in Christ Jesus from the very beginning, we would all be doomed. The story of Adam and Eve proves this. If I own a business and I suspect an employee of misconduct, (stealing) would I show up at the very beginning of his shift to try and catch him of wrong doing? Or would I wait until later in the day and catch him in the act? Excellent question my friend.
(it was an answer from Y!A)

Quote (Bacon)
By the way, how do we know some guy didnt just write this book? For all we know, it suposed to be fiction.

one guy couldn't have wrote the entire Bible, thats impossible, it was written by over 40 authors who never knew each other who all lived throughout several centuries, in different languages, yet all of them are consistent in their teachings about God and His plan...its also not a fiction book, all the kings existed, Jesus existed, here check this out, i found it interesting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....e_Bible

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:07 PM
Menace Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:10 PM | Message # 100

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....e_Bible

that shows how many pagan and Judaic elements transcended into Christianity LMAO biggrin you contradict yourself read the actual page and you will see

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:16 PM | Message # 101

OGs
well obviously there are many judaic elements found in christianity, we believe in the Old Testament, you know

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:17 PM
Menace Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:19 PM | Message # 102

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
well obviously there are many judaic elements found in christianity, we believe in the Old Testament, you know

yeah and Ancient Sumerian elements too it seems biggrin

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:20 PM | Message # 103

OGs
k now can you answer bacon's question? biggrin

Menace Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:22 PM | Message # 104

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)

BZZZZT! WRONG! The human consciousness has changed over the course of several thousand years! The mind is developmental!

indeed human consciousness and ingeniousness evolved but the MENTAL CAPACITY is the same we have the same capacity that 10% of our brain we don't actually use our full brain capacity

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 06/Jul/09, 2:24 PM | Message # 105

Heads
Quote (Menace)
that 10% of our brain we don't actually use our full brain capacity

if we were to use 100% of our brain capacity..dont u think we would have pyschic powers? or be fucking smart?

Sick With It
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
Search: