[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
UGHHH Jesus camp
ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:07 PM | Message # 76

OGs
no, i dont want to be quoted on that. that was my point cool i didnt say it.. C?

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:09 PM | Message # 77

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
no, i dont want to be quoted on that. that was my point cool i didnt say it.. C?

yeah but what we can do if the website is shitty biggrin

eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:11 PM | Message # 78

Heads
Dude, that's beside the point. Let's simplify here:

The Sharia laws of the Qu'ran are exactly the same as the Mosaic laws of the Bible: both are filled with violence yet neither are accepted in this day and age. And the fruits of Islam doing good has been seen. Sure, not as much as Christianity, but that is because Islam has a much smaller following. Both have seen an equal amount of violence and evil due to people manipulating the words they read. Islam has the NOI and Christianity has the KKK (and the KKK are far more powerful and evil I might add). Islam has the Taliban and Christianity, many years ago, had the people who led the Crusades and the Inquisition. It's all the same.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:17 PM | Message # 79

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
And the fruits of Islam doing good has been seen. Sure, not as much as Christianity, but that is because Islam has a much smaller following.

what u mean

Quote (eboyd)
Both have seen an equal amount of violence and evil due to people manipulating the words they read. Islam has the NOI and Christianity has the KKK (and the KKK are far more powerful and evil I might add). Islam has the Taliban and Christianity, many years ago, had the people who led the Crusades and the Inquisition. It's all the same.

like i say, NOI is a joke that should be ignored.

but yh the taliban is like the Inquisition.. good comparison.

the crusades dough is a seperate issue imo, thats to do with the holy land and our christian rights to that land. smile

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:28 PM | Message # 80

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
the crusades dough is a seperate issue imo, thats to do with the holy land and our christian rights to that land.

your Christian rights ?? the ones that live there own there i don't understand this imperialistic view of the world invade random people cause that's my land cause a book tells me that man that's fucking Genocide let those people live in fucking peace they never had one second of peace there Arabs and Israelis are the rightful owners of that dump lets them keep it like that and mind our own business I'm personally sick of that land man don't get me wrong either way but i don't know if one thing that land brought to us only bickering , hate and rivalry people should mind their own business man that's my motto in life biggrin

Oh come on Erik everyone is overrating so much religion if we look at the basis of our societies our modern societies free societies none of our societies are based on religion in fact the Enlightenment era fathers of modern civilization tried to escape from puritanism and the hypocrisy of it as Emma Goldman said

Quote (eboyd)
he Sharia laws of the Qu'ran are exactly the same as the Mosaic laws of the Bible: both are filled with violence yet neither are accepted in this day and age. And the fruits of Islam doing good has been seen. Sure, not as much as Christianity, but that is because Islam has a much smaller following. Both have seen an equal amount of violence and evil due to people manipulating the words they read. Islam has the NOI and Christianity has the KKK (and the KKK are far more powerful and evil I might add). Islam has the Taliban and Christianity, many years ago, had the people who led the Crusades and the Inquisition. It's all the same.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:33 PM | Message # 81

Heads
Whatever though. Either way, the problem is religion. Religion just causes unnecessary arguments like this that keep us preoccupied with absurd rhetoric that is pointless. Yes, many people have figured out how to like their life with reck because of religion, but for the most part all it does is keep people preoccupied with "oh, your religion is bad. Mine is good. Blah blah blah" and then people start quoting verses from their Holy books, etc., when they could just go and accept that when it comes down to it you simply have to believe in something, whether it be a God, many Gods, an eternal universe, just your mind, etc. That part is up to you though. From there, there are far more important topics to touch on. You need morals to help guide you? Sure, use the Bible or the Qu'ran or any of the other numerous holy books out there. I personally find it better to use logic, but if you can't (I still think logic, as in a full class just on logic, should be a requirement for everyone in the world to learn in school) then it's on you. Go get your morals from a book. That isn't a bad thing. Just don't let it become the major focus of your life because if you do, you are missing the more important things. You are missing the fact that while we sit here bickering there are people that are doing terrible things to humanity and because we stick ourselves in a box of thought we actually believe their garbage and allow these atrocities to occur.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:41 PM | Message # 82

OGs
Quote (Menace)
your Christian rights ??

Yes, we have our christian rights that we are allowed to be there.. I do believe there should now be a 2 state solution, and I dont support the people who killed any jews por gypsies on there way to Isreal.. then it was only a Holy War against Islam, not a genocide as you make it. Dont change history, when those European soldiers made it there to capture Jeruslem, it was war.. not some random genocide, dont mix this shit up.. what happen after ww2 etc and that is another story.. im just talking about the crusades which was a war to capture a city. like the spanish reconquista to capure cities like sevilla and grenada, its not genocide. look up in the dictionary what that means.

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:51 PM | Message # 83

Heads
They actually massacred every Muslim in the city it was a genocide and countries have something called sovereignty we can't demand a right to shit based on religion Israel and the future Palestine can lock their borders and no one can do shit because every country have their own sovereign rights you must understand that religion is no basis for inheritance and that's why the Crusades were unjust and notice that the Orthodox Christians and Jews were always allowed by Muslims to live and pray in the city the problem here was political the west always had an imperialist tendency towards the east

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:51 PM | Message # 84

OGs
Quote (Menace)
a religion can't produce shit

say that again....but SLOWLY

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:55 PM | Message # 85

Heads
Yeah, and the Holocaust wasn't one of the greatest human rights violations in the history of mankind. The Jews were taking over Germany and that land belongs to the Aryan race so they were justified in exterminating them rolleyes

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:58 PM | Message # 86

OGs
Genocide is an ethnic cleansing. Moments in history whrn this has happened is in Hispaniola with the Tainios.. in ww2 with the jews and rwanda was attempts..

the crusades was savage, but it wasnt to wipe out every arab? was it. no, it was to get rid of them from a city, so they went to war.. there were europeans from england, france, later germany, hungarian empire etc that went there, to fight great soldiers from the east.. its a war, not a genocide dennis. theres a Big difference.

is americas atomic bomb in japan in 45 genocide?

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:58 PM | Message # 87

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Yeah, and the Holocaust wasn't one of the greatest human rights violations in the history of mankind. The Jews were taking over Germany and that land belongs to the Aryan race so they were justified in exterminating them

word that's VERY TRUE

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 10:02 PM | Message # 88

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
the crusades was savage, but it wasnt to wipe out every arab? was it. no, it was to get rid of them from a city, so they went to war.. there were europeans from england, france, later germany, hungarian empire etc that went there, to fight great soldiers from the east.. its a war, not a genocide dennis. theres a Big difference.

yes they were keen to wipe out every Muslim in that area and they actually did that in war you don't wipe out an entire city population and genocide by definition means this the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. The crusaders wiped a cultural group from the city it was an actual genocide.

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 10:29 PM | Message # 89

OGs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....periods

If they didnt over run obvious christian territory then it wouldnt have happened.. but it is knwn as a holy war all around the world, not a genocide. ive never heard crusade and genocide in the same sentence ever b4.

Added (05/Jul/09, 10:29 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
lets face it around that time there was a lot of killing.. i just dont see it as genocide when there was mass killing and slavery going on both ways for islam and christians. i mean actaully, christians didnt actually enslave muslims, but its a known fact that they did to europeans of coasts, ppl moved from the south to north of italy to get awat from the raidings.. and u can see from many sources and pictures that slavic women were raped n forced into islamic markets.. to be sold etc so around this time, u see how these holy wars didnt mean shit. they were wars, not genocides cos they both done damage both ways. understand?

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 10:43 PM | Message # 90

Heads
Quote (Menace)
word that's VERY TRUE

wtf, so you hate jews?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » UGHHH Jesus camp (the movie)
Search: