[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Can atheists pray?
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 8:02 PM | Message # 31

Heads
......Wow. Fascist dictatorship much? ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 8:06 PM | Message # 32

Heads
ah come on you think a revolution is a walk in a park ?? we gonna kill some sun a bitches that's for sure :D ^_^

Menace Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 8:15 PM | Message # 33

Heads
nah man I'm kidding by the way don't trip but if a social revolution occurs the clash between the people and the ruling class will occur and people will die it's inevitable

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 9:42 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Lol nah, it wasn't about that. A big factor of fascist dictatorship is that the ruling class disallows the practice of specific beliefs. Ie in Cuba and Russia, Atheism became the official belief of the land and Christianity was disallowed even though the Russian Catholic church was, just before Communism, one of the biggest church systems in the world. After the fall of the iron curtain, Russia reverted back to it's religious ways as well. It's never good to take away a country's freedom of expression, even if you disagree with the expression the majority chooses to partake in.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 12:44 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Your wrong there my friend in fascist dictatorships religion always partakes a major role in supporting the status quo and enforcing extreme nationalist principles upon people an example is Franco's Spain the Spanish Catholic Church alone killed over a million dissidents and in the Spanish Civil War Franco used the Church as the Soviet government used the KGB why you think so many priests were killed in Catalonia ?? fascism and religion in general are close related Romania in WW2 was a fascist dictatorship and the leader Marshal Antonescu was a member of the Christian League Party after King Michael abdicated himself he left the Christian League in power. Your confusing fascism whit Marxist-Leninism in Marxist-Leninist countries organized religion is suppressed and the particular countries become official atheist countries but it depends how you deal whit religion in or after a revolution because in many instances the clergy represents the bourgeoisie and if you don't suppress the bourgeoisie the bourgeoisie will suppress you so there i agree whit Marxist-Leninist's but the difference between our form of suppression and their form of suppression is that our form of suppression doesn't deny peoples rights and our form of suppression doesn't continue as they continue to suppress the working class that they actually "fight for " and "represent" . Revolution is not a pretty thing Erik we must suppress the people that are the hierarchies of society. And as for Churches as in a literal sense and for religion the people themselves will decide when to build a church where to build a church every community decides their own plans for organized religion because in participatory societies the people themselves decide how to organize religion and of course in such society the Church will be part of the Federation because the Church is a productive unit so the Church will actually pay taxes and all the mumbo jumbo not like now :D .

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 1:00 PM | Message # 36

Heads
oh and the Christian Orthodox Church was suppressed in Russia cause Russia is a Orthodox country and in Cuba religion is not suppressed in fact Castro was and is in good relations whit the Vatican they actually help the Cuban Communist Party in denouncing dissent and such Cuba is the single atheist country that works whit a actual Church :D

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 1:20 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Your wrong there my friend in fascist dictatorships religion always partakes a major role in supporting the status quo and enforcing extreme nationalist principles upon people an example is Franco's Spain the Spanish Catholic Church alone killed over a million dissidents and in the Spanish Civil War Franco used the Church as the Soviet government used the KGB why you think so many priests were killed in Catalonia ?? fascism and religion in general are close related Romania in WW2 was a fascist dictatorship and the leader Marshal Antonescu was a member of the Christian League Party after King Michael abdicated himself he left the Christian League in power. Your confusing fascism whit Marxist-Leninism in Marxist-Leninist countries organized religion is suppressed and the particular countries become official atheist countries but it depends how you deal whit religion in or after a revolution because in many instances the clergy represents the bourgeoisie and if you don't suppress the bourgeoisie the bourgeoisie will suppress you so there i agree whit Marxist-Leninist's but the difference between our form of suppression and their form of suppression is that our form of suppression doesn't deny peoples rights and our form of suppression doesn't continue as they continue to suppress the working class that they actually "fight for " and "represent" . Revolution is not a pretty thing Erik if we must suppress the people that are the hierarchies of society. And as for Churches as in a literal sense and for religion the people themselves will decide when to built a church where to build a church every community decides their own plans for organized religion because in participatory societies the people themselves decide how to organize religion and of course in such society the Church will be part of the Federation because the Church is a productive unit so the Church will actually pay taxes and all the mumbo jumbo not like now :D

i'm not saying ALL fascist dictatorships are atheist. what i'm saying is that all of them use a certain belief system and force them on the people. Russia forced atheism on Hungary when my grandparents were trying to escape the terrible oppression placed on them and they were being forced to practice atheism when they were Catholics. and yes, my grand parents, prior to the communist takeover and subsequent student revolution, were a part of the aristocracy, but no one in society should be forced from their homes and placed in such terrible oppression that they nearly starve to death. a simple ousting of government officials and slight redistribution of the money is plenty. people who work their asses off to get where they are deserve to continue to make the money they are currently making. small business owners shall remain small business owners and continue to be successful if they are now and the church shall remain the church but it shouldn't be exempt from taxes and other things that normal businesses aren't exempt from. it isn't the church that needs to be suppressed or the bourgeoisie, for many of the members of each are honest, hardworking citizens. it is specific people within each that need to be suppressed, and i'm talking in the classical sense, as in suppress their OPPRESSIVE activities, not an oppression of those people. and the people i refer to are CEO's and other officers of major corporations, like the 7 dwarves (major tobacco), major oil financial officers, etc., along with things such as prison system reform. none of this, however, should effect individual clergy unless we are talking major televangelists who aren't real clergy anyways, but instead just bastards using the facade of religion to cash in.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 1:22 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (Menace)
oh and the Christian Orthodox Church was suppressed in Russia cause Russia is a Orthodox country and in Cuba religion is not suppressed in fact Castro was and is in good relations whit the Vatican they actually help the Cuban Communist Party in denouncing dissent and such Cuba is the single atheist country that works whit a actual Church :D

hmmm.... i did not know that. Cuba is still a fascist dictatorship though. i respect Che, for example, for what he did, who he was as a person, and what his views on humanity were, not for his political views.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 2:39 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
hmmm.... i did not know that. Cuba is still a fascist dictatorship though. i respect Che, for example, for what he did, who he was as a person, and what his views on humanity were, not for his political views.

stop calling Marxist-Leninist dictatorships fascist dictatorships you sound like a conservative nut job that has no vague idea about fascist and Marxist ideas dictatorships come in all sorts of variates like i argued whit a retarded dude once when he was putting fascism in the same category as Marxism dictatorships come in all sorts of variates calling all of them fascist is kinda unfounded if you want to reveal the true identity of these Marxist-Leninist countries the real term is called " State Capitalist " because it's a state capitalist system there the workforce doesn't work for corporations and ruling class they work for the state bureaucracy they still work for wages private property is not abolished but put under state monopoly so the relations between labor and capital are not abolished but slightly changed in any society were labor and capital are not unified that means the society is still a CAPITALIST one .

Quote (eboyd)
i'm not saying ALL fascist dictatorships are atheist. what i'm saying is that all of them use a certain belief system and force them on the people. Russia forced atheism on Hungary when my grandparents were trying to escape the terrible oppression placed on them and they were being forced to practice atheism when they were Catholics. and yes, my grand parents, prior to the communist takeover and subsequent student revolution, were a part of the aristocracy, but no one in society should be forced from their homes and placed in such terrible oppression that they nearly starve to death. a simple ousting of government officials and slight redistribution of the money is plenty. people who work their asses off to get where they are deserve to continue to make the money they are currently making. small business owners shall remain small business owners and continue to be successful if they are now and the church shall remain the church but it shouldn't be exempt from taxes and other things that normal businesses aren't exempt from. it isn't the church that needs to be suppressed or the bourgeoisie, for many of the members of each are honest, hardworking citizens. it is specific people within each that need to be suppressed, and i'm talking in the classical sense, as in suppress their OPPRESSIVE activities, not an oppression of those people. and the people i refer to are CEO's and other officers of major corporations, like the 7 dwarves (major tobacco), major oil financial officers, etc., along with things such as prison system reform. none of this, however, should effect individual clergy unless we are talking major televangelists who aren't real clergy anyways, but instead just bastards using the facade of religion to cash in.

a social revolution means that the existing social , political and economical order is completely smashed so a resistance will be born from the bourgeoisie it's impossible not to be because the workers will take over all the industry and the bourgeoisie will try to take it back where the workers organized in federations will strike back whit brutal force if it's needed it's not that simple Erik the workers themselves whit out any secret police whit out any denunciations will clean their own communities and workplaces from the threat of any form authoritarianism and former aristocracy or former ruling class people are either welcomed to join the workforce or they are welcomed to stay whit out jobs and starve. And please do your study more deeply into anarchism because the principle of it comes from the premise that everybody should own their workplaces and instruments of labor so individual owners or as we anarchists call them " artisans or craftsman's " are the ones that actually live the anarchist dream the relation between labor and capital doesn't exist at them so there is no sense to collectivize them so individual owners are not bourgeoisie the bourgeoisie are those that you stated the big landlords those cats. As for Churches as i said the Churches will be at the hands of their communities so i can't speculate what will happen to organized religion because it depends on the people some people don't really give a damn about Churches some people do it depends on the demographics.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 2:50 PM | Message # 40

Heads
and by the way individual owners or small business owners as you call them will actually be part of the Federation if they want because they enforce their own labor they don't depend on capital so if you see here it will be a participatory society on all levels

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 4:45 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Ah, my bad. I guess my understanding of "fascism" is a bit incorrect. What is the definition of fascism anyways?

Oh, and btw, as far as I understand it, the bourgeoisie is simply another term for the uppermost part of the upper class. No, most small business owners aren't a part of that, but a few are. What about those that fit into that category that are honest, hardworking citizens? What happens to them? Or is my understanding, once again, off?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 6:36 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Ah, my bad. I guess my understanding of "fascism" is a bit incorrect. What is the definition of fascism anyways?

socially speaking fascism is extreme nationalism economically speaking fascism is the merger of state and corporate power people know it as Corporatocracy but the real text book term is corporatism. Corporatism is a system of economic, political, and social organization where corporate groups such as business, ethnic, farmer, labor, military, patronage, or religious groups are joined together into a single governing body in which the different groups are mandated to negotiate with each other to establish policies in the interest of the multiple groups within the body.

Quote (eboyd)
Oh, and btw, as far as I understand it, the bourgeoisie is simply another term for the uppermost part of the upper class. No, most small business owners aren't a part of that, but a few are. What about those that fit into that category that are honest, hardworking citizens? What happens to them? Or is my understanding, once again, off?

as i said , in general small businesses don't own labor they use themselves as labor but exceptions are which they actually hire labor well that's a little bit complicated because we can't speculate how those hired in these business will act plus is highly likely that these small businesses will change their economic model and switch on self management because not only they need to compete whit the federations they will need to offer the same privileges the self managed businesses offer and it's hard to do that so for the sake of the business most of them will switch on this

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 9:04 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Oh, OK. That clears that up. Thanks :)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 10:00 PM | Message # 44

Emcees
I have no idea what any of that means. I've read on it, and simply don't understand how different politcal systems work better than others. I think people should just their life. there will always be
-money hungry greedy rich people.
-nice rich people
-poor people
-revolutionary poor people
-the rich people who know that things are wrong and try to help fix it
and in most cases a middle class.
It's simply a food chain. It's human to want to be well-off in life finacially, socially, and in everything else. And alot of times people are going to do shady things to get what they want.
Some revolution isnt going to fix it. Then it's simply switched. The poor are now rich. and some 200 years later, another revolution will arise, and it will switch again. People just over analyze things.
Just live your life. I know menace is going to facepalm me and think this is ignorant, and in many ways, this is ignorant. But it's how my gut HONESTLY feels about it.
And I know I wouldnt be saying this if I was a starving kid in Africa. But I can't put myself in their shoes. And they can't put themselves in mine. I live in a working class family, and they are.... Just broke and starving. All I can do is live my life to the fullest, and hope I can pull people to the top with me.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.

Message edited by ilikebacon3000 - Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 10:03 PM
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 10:37 PM | Message # 45

Heads
8, you are a living, breathing oxymoron. Do you really believe that? Let me try to change what he said so that you calling it an oxymoron makes sense:

"Major financial officers that don't have only their money in their best interest and aren't likely to screw other people."

And even then it's possible for that to happen.

Bacon, you are still pretty naïve though. That "food chain" you speak of is pretty much simply a construct of modern society.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Search: