[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Can atheists pray?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 2:02 AM | Message # 61

Emcees
oh lol my bad

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 2:19 AM | Message # 62

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Im to the point where I want to freestyle and slaughter my whole town. I'm embarressed by my generation of kids where I live. All we are known for is popping pills and smoking weed ALL THE TIME.
We were allowed to have off campus lunch, until last year because last year the freshmen were throwing bricks thru car windows.
so our class gets punished for it.

btw sorry for the double post

are you sure its a serious account? his status says he's a swinger, a professional prostitute and that he's jewish and from black/African descent.

sounds like either a joke account or a hacked account

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 2:24 AM | Message # 63

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
are you sure its a serious account? his status says he's a swinger, a professional prostitute and that he's jewish and from black/African descent.
sounds like either a joke account or a hacked account

I'm sure. I know the kid from school, and he had a rep for being "bad"
He got caught selling Agreageno (uh-reg-ah-no?) at school and saying it was weed. HAH!

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 2:53 AM | Message # 64

Emcees
probably. ask erik i heard hes big on that whole child-prostitution thing.
I saw him dateline NBC once with chris hansen.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 3:00 AM | Message # 65

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I'm sure. I know the kid from school, and he had a rep for being "bad"
He got caught selling Agreageno (uh-reg-ah-no?) at school and saying it was weed. HAH!

he sounds like a complete faggot, i'd definitely love to kick his ass if i saw him in real life, he sounds like a wannabe wigger, is he even really with any gang? lol.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 4:13 AM | Message # 66

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
he sounds like a complete faggot, i'd definitely love to kick his ass if i saw him in real life, he sounds like a wannabe wigger, is he even really with any gang? lol.

No. There are no gangs in Norman Oklahoma, except a strong underground Italian Mafia presence, due to the fact that alot of people here are rich and move from Oklahoma City. There is cocaine trafficing and the occasional murder by the mafiosos, but otherwise its a soft town.
All the gangs here are fake. There is a drug problem though. But gangs=BULLSHIT.
He isnt with a gang lol. He just has a black freind who claims he moved from Compton.... Too bad ive known him since he was 9 and I know he moved from the other side of town.... I played football with his dumbass.... And one day he was like "Your a skinny little honky ass whitie" and I was like "whatever" and he was like "No really your a honky ass whiteboy" and I was like "And your a stupid nigge*!" and the coach came over and made us both run for what seemd like ever. I just did it because I thought I was a double standard situation. Otherwise I wouldnt have said it.
ANYWAYS bottom line=Norman is a joke.

Menace Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 9:32 AM | Message # 67

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
-nice rich people

Rich people whatever they are nice or bad they are rich because they exploit labor. In the capitalist system the whole working class sells its labor power to the employing class. The workers build factories, make machinery and tools, and produce goods. The employers keep the factories, the machinery, tools and goods for themselves as their profit. The workers get only wages. So the rich inherently doesn't pay the full value of labor. Learned men have figured out that the worker receives as his wage only about one-tenth of what he produces. Tough the workers build everything and produces everything they get only one-tenth why ?? because a big shoot brings the capital to put in motion everything , hm but let's be fair let's redistribute the wealth and let the workers take their full share no?.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
, I don't have a full grasp on it because I simply think people over analyze it.

people don't over analyze it for you it appears like that but what me and Erik talked about his simple economics and politics text book stuff.

Quote (eboyd)
Oh, OK. That clears that up. Thanks

I'm glad that we did this we need more discussions like this to revive this section.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
The so called "revolution" shouldnt be staged, or even spoken about. It should (and will, eventually) happen on it's own.

spontaneous revolution is impossible because they don't know for what they revolting about in the US in particular all alternatives to the current system are shunned i work whit labor unions i speak at their meetings i deliver pamphlets and such and i noticed most of them don't even understand their own power the power of the working class is huge but it lays dormant i personally saw the power of the working class and the several business takeovers in my country done by my labor union if we had the ways to educate the working class they would do a revolution tomorrow the problem is we are living in police states our organizations are sabotaged we are beaten down it's a nightmare if we had the freedom to express ourselves we would bring down the system in 1 week i guarantee .

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 4:54 PM | Message # 68

Emcees
But some rich people make their own product and sell it to others. Then worked their way up and hired people. I flatout think that is bussiness. They worked there way up and deserve to make more money for sticking in it for so long, and going from rags to riches.
If everyone made the same amount, Janitors, CEO's, Teachers, EVERYONE, there would be NO dreams. No dreams to do better in life. Just to wake up and do the same thing you did yesterday for the same amount no matter what job ur at.

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 5:16 PM | Message # 69

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
If everyone made the same amount, Janitors, CEO's, Teachers, EVERYONE, there would be NO dreams. No dreams to do better in life. Just to wake up and do the same thing you did yesterday for the same amount no matter what job ur at.

That's the problem, as humans we should realize that we can't only live for ourselves if we want an ideal society. Therefore, what you do should be appreciated by how it contributes to humanity or society. So for instance, a teacher will be proud to be a teacher because they spread knowledge. A janitor has nothing to be proud about, but shit he's getting paid the same as everyone else, so what's he care.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But some rich people make their own product and sell it to others. Then worked their way up and hired people. I flatout think that is bussiness

But at what point have they earned too much for their accomplishments? Something like that cannot be measured. This is the problem. One person makes a right move in business and it secures or creates wealth. They use that wealth to further capitalize and build more wealth without doing anything. The working class does it all. It all gets fucked up when the initial wealth generated is used to build more wealth, because that is when the exploitation begins. Your saying a man busted his ass for a pay off and he deserves it. Well rightly so, but the landscape begins to change after he gets the pay off. The payoff is the result of his labor. Any further pay off is the result of other people's labor. Therefore the true "earning" ceases when the owner stops having to utilize his own back as a working man.

You have to think of labor as a product of the working class purchased by the employing class. It all makes sense this way. Basically, the employing class is getting more value out of our labor than we are.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Thursday, 16/Jul/09, 6:12 PM | Message # 70

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)

That's the problem, as humans we should realize that we can't only live for ourselves if we want an ideal society. Therefore, what you do should be appreciated by how it contributes to humanity or society. So for instance, a teacher will be proud to be a teacher because they spread knowledge. A janitor has nothing to be proud about, but shit he's getting paid the same as everyone else, so what's he care.

that's the problem we humans in our egoistical way try to reach some objectives and on the road to fulfill them we fuck up both our fellow human and the environment in "communist" societies it's the same the state in a egoistical manner fucks everything for profit just like the market in capitalist societies so tell me ilikebacon3000 it is worth it ?? we ultimately gonna hang ourselves whit our own ropes and our race gonna do down the toilet

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 17/Jul/09, 0:08 AM | Message # 71

Emcees
Quote (I_Guy)
But at what point have they earned too much for their accomplishments? Something like that cannot be measured. This is the problem. One person makes a right move in business and it secures or creates wealth. They use that wealth to further capitalize and build more wealth without doing anything. The working class does it all. It all gets fucked up when the initial wealth generated is used to build more wealth, because that is when the exploitation begins. Your saying a man busted his ass for a pay off and he deserves it. Well rightly so, but the landscape begins to change after he gets the pay off. The payoff is the result of his labor. Any further pay off is the result of other people's labor. Therefore the true "earning" ceases when the owner stops having to utilize his own back as a working man.
You have to think of labor as a product of the working class purchased by the employing class. It all makes sense this way. Basically, the employing class is getting more value out of our labor than we are.

but when he gets the first pay off, then he can do anything he wants with it. If he wants to buy a company, which has people working for it, then thats his choice. It's simply an investment. For all he knows, that bussiness will fail. but he is confident it wont, so he buys it out.
I do think its wrong when someone owns too much.... like ALL the companys. But that will never happen. Someone advancing in bussiness is simply the result of good investments.

Quote (Menace)
's the problem we humans in our egoistical way try to reach some objectives and on the road to fulfill them we fuck up both our fellow human and the environment in "communist" societies it's the same the state in a egoistical manner fucks everything for profit just like the market in capitalist societies so tell me ilikebacon3000 it is worth it ?? we ultimately gonna hang ourselves whit our own ropes and our race gonna do down the toilet

there have always be up and downs. I dont think there is anyway EVERYONE will die because of someone getting ahead in life, unless its a terrorist. IN that case, we would all stop him. I just think that if I want to buy a company, and make money off of it, then I will. If someone buys a company, the essintially buy the labor that the CEO they bought it from. Its just like switching places.

Menace Date: Friday, 17/Jul/09, 5:45 PM | Message # 72

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
but when he gets the first pay off, then he can do anything he wants with it. If he wants to buy a company, which has people working for it, then thats his choice. It's simply an investment. For all he knows, that bussiness will fail. but he is confident it wont, so he buys it out.
I do think its wrong when someone owns too much.... like ALL the companys. But that will never happen. Someone advancing in bussiness is simply the result of good investments.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
there have always be up and downs. I dont think there is anyway EVERYONE will die because of someone getting ahead in life, unless its a terrorist. IN that case, we would all stop him. I just think that if I want to buy a company, and make money off of it, then I will. If someone buys a company, the essintially buy the labor that the CEO they bought it from. Its just like switching places.

of course but what about monopolies ?? how we can stop monopolies ?? when the worlds wealth is centralized in a small elite what about that ?? dude we ain't talking here about moms and pops store down the street we talking about the centralization of the planets wealth in a small elite the worlds wealth is actually in the hands of only 1% of the world population wealth polarization and capitalization actually centralized the planets entire wealth in 1% of the world population we ain't talking here about Joe and his dildo company be real here for a minute let's talk microeconomics here statistics show that 70% of the worlds population live under the POVERTY LINE because wealth centralization notice not in POVERTY under the POVERTY LINE even Adam Smith the father of capitalism always objected to this because how can a free market work when monopolies exist ?? it's not that simple ilikebacon3000 don't get at us as we gagging on you but it's not the natural order how can a healthy society strive when wealth centralization exists ? that's why the planet is in such state and please note that all the wars past and present were and are ECONOMICALLY motivated the Cold War was ECONOMICALLY motivated we always nuked ourselves because MONEY and CAPITAL and note that the natural order is not like that read Mutual Aid a factor of evolution the animal kingdom's economics is collectivized so it's not NATURAL

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 18/Jul/09, 7:48 PM | Message # 73

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Quote (ilikebacon3000)

You have to consider where and how you're growing up. Of course you think this. ^^^

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 7:27 PM | Message # 74

Heads
Q: "Can Atheists Pray?"

A: Can a bear shit anywhere other than the woods?

Quote (MAK)
NO!!! An atheist can't pray cuz they don't believe in a highter power to pray to......... although, I bet when they're life is on the line 95% of them will be praying their ass off.

All I have to say is.... Pat Tillman

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 7:39 PM | Message # 75

Heads
Tillman was an atheist and he died in Afghanistan. His last words were famously quoted as something to the effect of "shut the fuck up and do something!" To a soldier who was praying while they were under fire rather than getting the fuck out of there and trying to survive.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Search: