[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Can atheists pray?
eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 10:46 PM | Message # 76

Heads
So when his own brother, who fought in Iraq with him, says, in plain English to the media, that his brother Pat was an atheist an is now "just fucking dead" (thanks for the prayers but Pat isn't in heaven. He's dead. Just fucking dead) and that they tried initially to lie and say that he prayed before he died and it didn't come out until the religious soldier finally spoke up about Pat's last words, then he's just an atheist because he's "been labeled that"? huh

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 10:58 PM | Message # 77

Heads
I knew you'd see it my way ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 14/Nov/09, 1:32 AM | Message # 78

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Tillman was an atheist and he died in Afghanistan. His last words were famously quoted as something to the effect of "shut the fuck up and do something!" To a soldier who was praying while they were under fire rather than getting the fuck out of there and trying to survive.

Damn.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Saturday, 14/Nov/09, 3:48 AM | Message # 79

Heads
You didn't hear the story I_Guy? That was the guy who was a starting safety in the NFL who quit to go to Afghanistan during the war and when he was sent to Iraq and a number of things happened that were a bit off kilter, he was writing to his mother about the frustrations he was having with the corruption within the government that effected him across seas in Iraq. He finally was sent to Afghanistan and while there he was killed by friendly fire. They didn't even tell his mother he had died until serveral weeks after the fact. He died from three shots to the head in an accidental friendly fire situation just after telling this soldier to stop praying and do something.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Friday, 04/Dec/09, 10:35 PM | Message # 80

Heads
Quote (Menace)
you don't even make sense sometimes you say something that really hurts my eyes :D

I was reading this thread and started cracking up after reading this lol

livin life like some cheesy movie
Dookie Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 11:42 PM | Message # 81

Emcees
Why would god come down here and solve our problems when we have the ability to solve them ourselves?

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 10:31 AM | Message # 82

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
So when his own brother, who fought in Iraq with him, says, in plain English to the media, that his brother Pat was an atheist an is now "just fucking dead" (thanks for the prayers but Pat isn't in heaven. He's dead. Just fucking dead) and that they tried initially to lie and say that he prayed before he died and it didn't come out until the religious soldier finally spoke up about Pat's last words, then he's just an atheist because he's "been labeled that"?

DUUUDE I remember you telling me that on that night we had that like 4 hour convo!
Yeah good story.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
s0dr2 Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 10:58 AM | Message # 83

OGs
Quote (J-Breakz)
I was reading this thread and started cracking up after reading this lol

what page is this

Quote (Dookie)
Why would god come down here and solve our problems when we have the ability to solve them ourselves?

if assuming you are referring to Jesus... we cannot attain salvation by ourselves

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 3:10 PM | Message # 84

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
if assuming you are referring to Jesus... we cannot attain salvation by ourselves

ok then everyone that is not Christian is bound to hell LOL oh wait cause God makes different laws for different people LOL man it's pathetic and ridiculous an SUPREME BEING and infinite being which was here and will be here has laws for different people and acts like a 2 cent judge at the county jail :D its hilarious

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 4:27 PM | Message # 85

OGs
Quote (Menace)
then everyone that is not Christian is bound to hell LOL

well.......we can only generalize, not "absolutize" saying this particular person is going to heck....that would be usurping His authority...what do u mean by laws for diff. people?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 5:52 PM | Message # 86

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
well.......we can only generalize, not "absolutize" saying this particular person is going to heck....that would be usurping His authority...what do u mean by laws for diff. people?

A supreme being has other things to do then judge your little ass everyday its not LOGICAL a supreme being which is infinite and everything to be concerning whit some random peoples troubles and cut that love and mercy BS this God is SUPREME in the literal sense of the word . This dude knows the highest planes of consciousness yet he levels himself to petty bargaining whit humans LOL :D its ridiculous

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 6:37 PM | Message # 87

OGs
its called humility

this supreme being is humble, and u call that ridiculous? well truth doesnt equal appeal

Bape Date: Monday, 12/Sep/11, 6:30 PM | Message # 88

Emcees
They can only pray to this man

Ratmn Date: Tuesday, 13/Sep/11, 0:35 AM | Message # 89

DJs
loltrolled.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Message edited by Ratmn - Tuesday, 13/Sep/11, 0:41 AM
KrazeeTork Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 7:16 AM | Message # 90

Removed
anyone can pray it may not mean the same but every person
on this earth can pray, some pray for forgiveness or mercey but they do
not pray to god they pray to the person about too put a bullet in them

get it??/
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Can atheists pray?
Search: