[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
TheWatcher Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 8:14 AM | Message # 61

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
f god created us, then that means god created our emotion.
If god created our emotion, that means he is capable of understanding it.
If he can understand our love for one another, our hatred for people of other cultures, our frustration with how things are, our paranoid state of mind because of terrorism, all of it, then that means he is perfectly capable of feeling those exact feelings as well.
Therefore, I think since god understands us in a perfect and complete way, there is no point in saying "He will throw you in hell" or "He is going to judge you". Yes. He might judge me. But he isn't going to throw me in a pit of fire for feeling how I do, AFTER he MADE those feelings in the first place.
I don't know. ^Non-sensical rant.

We're supposed to be miniature replicas of God himself and so it would indeed make sense for God to have those feelings as well. What really separates you from the rest is how/if you choose to act on those feelings. Scenario: Caveman: "Caveman sees pretty girl.." "Cave man likes." "Caveman horny." "Caveman sex pretty girl.. Pretty girl doesn't want sex?" "Caveman rape pretty girl." So if let's say you want to have sex with 'Pretty Girl' then the appropriate action in most cases would definitely not be to just take what you want from her. You can have a bunch of feelings but that does not mean that you should act on all of them.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 2:40 PM | Message # 62

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Stupid atheist...what about the universe beyond our Earth?? And we had to have gotten that incredible intelligence beyond just what we learned ourselves...ahem, God?

Your logic is comparable to this guy.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Playing Devil's Advocate: Religion
Search: