[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Philosophy Accomplishes Goals That Religions Wish They Could (Compile a list)
Philosophy Accomplishes Goals That Religions Wish They Could
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:10 PM | Message # 46

OGs
explain how...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:43 PM | Message # 47

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
explain how...

Religious self control always leads to sexual repression any other types of psychological repressions which can eventually lead to severe psychological and even social problems. Self Control taught in a boogie man context as religion teaches it leads to many bad things .

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 6:59 PM | Message # 48

OGs
Quote (Menace)
severe psychological and even social problems.

jeez man why you gotta scare me like that

Added (30/Nov/09, 6:59 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/questio....AA1z640

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 30/Nov/09, 7:17 PM
Menace Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 7:36 PM | Message # 49

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
jeez man why you gotta scare me like that

Added (30/Nov/09, 6:59 Pm)
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/questio....AA1z640

The dude is right this kind of suppression only causes emotional and mental problems in the long run. Thats true nobody said fuck around nor be abstinent just be disciplined and know when to stop and take it in moderation . And of course always protect yourself i hate these parents and religious folks in the US who take sexual education out of their schools and put that boogie man shit there man when your daughter gets knocked up then don't start crying .

I_Guy Date: Monday, 30/Nov/09, 9:35 PM | Message # 50

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
there was a time when that picture would tempt me...

Why must you lie? You know you are still tempted. You cannot convince your brain to stop doing what it is biologically predetermined to do, especially when it operates in a subconscious system of cognition.

Why would philosophy need to deal with self control? A person can deal with that themselves without theological or philosophical help. The person just needs to introspect and maybe see a councilor or a friend who can give outside advice. Philosophy can help people cope with the difficult issues in life. Self control is not one of them. Self control is something a person can take care of on their own to prevent unwanted behavior. But a person can't prevent death, or the actions of others, or stop harmful events. Philosophy can help people cope with these things in a much more effective and rational way. So leave self control out of it. It doesn't apply.

And that is true menace. Sexual repression can hemorrhage the mind. Just read up on Freud. He penetrates the issue probably better than anyone. Not only can sexual repression cause numerous disorders and frustrations, it can all result in neuroses. Sexual activity is a fundamental part of being human, and for this matter, being life. It is bad to suppress emotions. Well lust is an emotion, sexual attraction is an emotion, and when we suppress these emotions we create harmful unhealthy internal issues. This is just one more reason why religion is considered anti-life. Religion is simply a reaction to life itself, and as apart of its bizarre lunacy, it suppresses aspects of life that are in every way natural, fulfilling, necessary, and healthy, simply because of the irrational beliefs of the obsessive wacked out dogma. Religion is truly anti-life.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:14 AM | Message # 51

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Religion is truly anti-life.

Which would be a bad thing unless it's true...

Menace Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:52 AM | Message # 52

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
Which would be a bad thing unless it's true...

its true religion treats life in a hypocritical way religion condemns sexual education and condoms while supporting the death sentence while banning abortion hmm THIS IS HYPOCRITICAL

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 12:43 PM | Message # 53

OGs
lol i mean if religion was true..my bad

i think sexual repression isnt bad if you havent been active....like smoking....but if you have (like me) and trying to quit i guess tha tmay be a problem, i gotta research

btw, what about smoking...isnt that the same? chemicals released in your brain? if you quit wont that have some effects on you like repressing sexual stuff?

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:18 PM
YANHAP1 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 12:58 PM | Message # 54

DJs
Quote (I_Guy)
Just read up on Freud. He penetrates the issue probably better than anyone.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

who killed bambi?

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 1:58 PM | Message # 55

OGs
lol

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 5:18 PM | Message # 56

Heads
Quote (YANHAP1)
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! i didn't notice that until you mentioned it haha!

Quote (8Diagrams)
Yo, Sodr, since you consider Christianity to be the truth, shouldn't you not refer to it as religion?

wtf

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:27 PM | Message # 57

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yo, Sodr, since you consider Christianity to be the truth, shouldn't you not refer to it as religion?

I'm starting to resent that name...."Sodr"...sounds like some robot from star wars. so do you guys think of it like "soder" or "s.o.d.r."?

and it doesnt matter what i call it... some call it a 'relationship' but i think those are Pentecostals or people that dont believe in the sacraments

Added (01/Dec/09, 6:27 Pm)
another thing ...

how come back then everyone believed in God and Christianity? what changed? like it seems that everyone in the scientific community now looks down on religion

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:50 PM | Message # 58

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Why not?

because theres no rule..i call it a religion and thats what its defined as....its the definition that counts my friend not words...God looks on the inside

Menace Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 6:57 PM | Message # 59

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
how come back then everyone believed in God and Christianity? what changed? like it seems that everyone in the scientific community now looks down on religion

because monarchy and theocracy didn't allow it

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 7:10 PM | Message # 60

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yeah, but what if God doesn't want you to refer to His word as just another religion?

what do you propose?

Quote (Menace)
because monarchy and theocracy didn't allow it

thanks, that clears it up

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 01/Dec/09, 7:10 PM
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Philosophy Accomplishes Goals That Religions Wish They Could (Compile a list)
Search: