[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 5:19 PM | Message # 46

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
• Chino XL, DMX, and Nas are the only rappers to diss 2Pac by name.

what song did Nas diss 2pac by name? didn't Mobb Deep diss 2pac by name?

i think there was a mixtape full of previously unreleased 2pac disses from people like Jay-Z and Lil Kim etc, but since 2pac died they were never properly released. i think this is the one

http://tupac-online.com/news/0-259165-00.html

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
abanks47 Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 7:13 PM | Message # 47

Emcees
-Dr. Dre and Warren G are step brothers (might have been said)
-Dan the Automator is from SF and started out playing classical violin
-One of the reasons U-god has so little on 36 chambers is because he was incarcerated during a portion of the recording and the release of 36 chambers
-Further into U-god there is a village in Hungary with the same name 'Ugod' (thanks wiki)
-2pac played the rat king in a school play (NERD)
-Mac Dre was part of the romper room gang and was allegedly linked to the bank robberies they committed. although jailed for the crime he maintained his innocence
-Mac Dre's tombstone was stolen from his resting place. it was never recovered and eventually replaced

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

abanks47 Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 8:35 PM | Message # 48

Emcees
are you sure you're not confusing U-God with Masta Killa?

naw, was upstate and locked up for narcotics possession while everything was going down so he was unable to lay down as much content as the rest. i knew this prior but its also mentioned on his wiki

lol wow! my entire family is in Hungary but i've never been. i need to ask them about this :D

thats cool, watch they live in ugod and have statues and buildings named after dude

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Chinita Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 11:03 PM | Message # 49

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
btw, chinita, next time someone posts spam on the site, don't warn people, just delete it. i deleted that one for you.

thanks e lol yes of course but we won't always be here to delete them right away so its good to warn people about it once in awhile..

abanks47 Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 11:55 PM | Message # 50

Emcees
pfft come on! besides, what excuse does Ice Cube have for a majority (if not all) of the tracks on "Amerikkka's Most Wanted" being produced by Hank Shocklee? BAM! BUSTED! :D

i dont give a fuck, point is he had a legit beef with a guy on the east side of the US (geographically). dont need to pinpoint every person in his career he's worked with and never insinuated that he hates all east coast, but the beef between him and common stemmed because common made a bad remark about the west, adn westside connection shut his ass down and then it just blew up.

eboyd Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 11:56 PM | Message # 51

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
i dont give a fuck, point is he had a legit beef with a guy on the east side of the US (geographically). dont need to pinpoint every person in his career he's worked with and never insinuated that he hates all east coast, but the beef between him and common stemmed because common made a bad remark about the west, adn westside connection shut his ass down and then it just blew up.

yes, but you ARE insinuating that it is an extension of the east-west beef and it's just not lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 2:06 AM | Message # 52

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
pfft come on! besides, what excuse does Ice Cube have for a majority (if not all) of the tracks on "Amerikkka's Most Wanted" being produced by Hank Shocklee? BAM! BUSTED!

that's exactly why Common said "on the dick of the east for your first release"

because Ice Cube was being a hypocrite.

some people thought of the west coast the same way a lot of us think about the mainstream music in the south right now.

Adam Date: Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 8:58 PM | Message # 53

B-Girls
Which artist bought a million dollar beat from scott storch (or sumthin like that) and showed wat to do wit it?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 1:49 AM | Message # 54

Heads
dr. dre?

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 2:54 AM | Message # 55

Heads
you guys probably know this

Eazy-E was the first rapper to have dinner with the President.

Suge Knight wasn't D.O.C's body guard as some thought, he was just a huge dude who followed The D.O.C around.

Death Row Records was supposed to be under a label "Godfather Entertainment" which was run by drug lord Harry-O, they were supposed to make movies etc as well as hip hop albums, Harry-O funded the money for Death Row thinking it was going to be under his label, the Deep Cover soundtrack was actually released under this label. However Death Row took the money and instead started a new Death Row which wasn't under Godfather Entertainment, and denied they were under the label or took his money. This is why the song Deep Cover is never on any of the many Death Row compilation albums, because technically that song was under a different death row.

the original roster for Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment was:

King Tee, RBX, Sharief, Bud'da, RC, The Last Emperor, The Firm, Dawn Robinson.

however because Interscope Records were going broke, they had to let go of a lot of their artists including all of these artists.

RBX was the first artist to leave Death Row in 94 and recorded a diss to Dr. Dre, "A.W.O.L"

Adam Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:13 AM | Message # 56

B-Girls
Nah its not dre.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:40 PM | Message # 57

Emcees
-Camron and Mase were on the same basketball team

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:55 PM | Message # 58

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
That's a bootleg and it's easily obtainable if you know how to dig.

Is it any good?

Quote (abanks47)
-One of the reasons U-god has so little on 36 chambers is because he was incarcerated during a portion of the recording and the release of 36 chambers

I didn't know about U-God but Masta Killa was incarcerated while they were recording for the 36 Chambers and if he hadn't finished his verse for Da Mystery of Chess Boxin' first Killah Priest might have been the 9th member of Wu-Tang.

HipHopHead Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:59 PM | Message # 59

Emcees
Quote (abanks47)
-in an attempt to save tupac's life, doctors removed one of his lungs

How sure are you on this one?

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 5:06 PM | Message # 60

Heads
Quote (HipHopHead)
How sure are you on this one?

I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere and possibly heard it in one of the many Tupac documentaries, can't remember which one though..

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: