[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 10:35 PM | Message # 76

Emcees
Pac had already passed on. It's a look alike.

yeah but hes featured on it you damn pac vagina feeler

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 10:56 PM | Message # 77

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
was this not really pac? how yall not mention this?

i think they added his verse later or remixed it or some shit. i don't think he and Scarface actually worked together.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
It was on the Makaveli bootleg but obviously bootleg's don't count as official albums. This song was officially released on Young Lay's debut album.

right.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
No, it dropped in 1995, when Pac was doing time for the rape charge. Those 2Pac shirts that everyone was wearing weren't memorial shirts, they were "Free 2Pac" shirts. The song is credited to E-40's sophomore effort, In A Major Way.

oooooohhhh, i get it! :D

Quote (abanks47)

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 0:58 AM | Message # 78

Writers
Quote (abanks47)

Although "Smile For Me Now" official was released on Face's album, it was originally an unreleased song credited to 2Pac. It was supposed to be locked away in the vaults forever until his passing, which prompted Scarface to request that he use the vocals over Rap-A-Lot production for his upcoming album. The song had been scrapped years ago and Pac did not feel like using it. My point is that 2Pac was never a feature on that record. In fact, Scarface was the featured guest.

Great verses by both Pac and Scarface.

Added (18/Jan/10, 0:58 Am)
---------------------------------------------
A few more West Coast rumors....

Suge claimed that on the way to the hospital after being shot in Vegas, 2Pac held a conversation and joked the whole time.. which is impossible for someone shot in the lungs.

Dre didnt like Snoop's raps, when he first heard them.

Snoop Dogg and Ras Kass once battled in High School.

Nate Dogg held up 4 Taco Bells as a youth.

Suge Knight paid that cat $5000 to assault Dr. Dre at the Vibe Awards specifically during his Lifetime Acheivement Award segment.

Eazy E had dinner with George Bush Sr.

Brotha Lynch always claims to be "half dead" because he was shot in the head, and for some reason doctor's couldn't find the bullet.

The Game was originally discovered at a talent showcase by SF Bay Area producer JT the Bigga Figga, who immediately signed him to his GetLow/BlackWallStreet Label. When The Game left JT to be signed by Dr. Dre and join G-Unit he began using the BlackWallStreet label and name as if it was his own company. JT responded by witholding the release of the Game's first album (Untold Story) until he had already been promoted by Aftermath and Dr. Dre. He released it once Game became popular and compiled ANOTHER album (without Game's permission but sound under contract) showing Game on the cover as he had looked before signing to Aftermath (no tattoos). JT made hundreds of thousands capitalizing on Aftermaths promotion in this way and marketing Game's material late...Game got an estimated $25,000 for BOTH albums.

JT the Bigga Figga also returned Nas' chain to him when it got stolen in San Francisco.

DJ Quik was shot in the foot while promoting his mixtape in a Compton Crip neighborhood with red shoes on.

Westside Connection never really got along too much.

Defari is a real High School teacher, and retired from rapping to become a full-time teacher.

Dre named his 2nd album Chronic 2001 even though it came out in '99, because Suge Knight released an album titled Chronic 2000, a record full of old Death Row tracks.

I'll come with some Down South and Midwest facts/rumors in a minute...

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 1:14 AM | Message # 79

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Brotha Lynch always claims to be "half dead" because he was shot in the head, and for some reason doctor's couldn't find the bullet.

wait, "lil' half dead with his dick on her head" <<< Brotha Lynch? you know what quote i'm talking about right? lol

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
because Suge Knight released an album titled Chronic 2000, a record full of old Death Row tracks.

i have that. it's not bad. nothing special. i already knew that though :D btw, it's more of a compilation than an album. i mean "Who Do You Believe In" and "Late Night" by 2pac are on that shit.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 1:29 AM | Message # 80

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
wait, "lil' half dead with his dick on her head" <<< Brotha Lynch? you know what quote i'm talking about right? lol

Lol, you're actually referring to the rapper Lil' ½ Dead.

abanks47 Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 1:40 AM | Message # 81

Emcees
Suge claimed that on the way to the hospital after being shot in Vegas, 2Pac held a conversation and joked the whole time.. which is impossible for someone shot in the lungs.

To add on to the suspicion here; Suge claims that a bullet is still lodged in his head. the police suspect the wound was self inflicted with a knife or some other tool, not a stray bullet.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 2:05 AM | Message # 82

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
because Suge Knight released an album titled Chronic 2000, a record full of old Death Row tracks.

i have that. it's not bad. nothing special. i already knew that though :D btw, it's more of a compilation than an album. i mean "Who Do You Believe In" and "Late Night" by 2pac are on that shit.

the original version of OG 2 BG on The Chronic 2000 was produced by Dr. Dre and was going to be on Dre's second death row album.

Dre claims to have produced the original version of "Got My Mind Made Up" and played it to Tha Dogg Pound asking if they wanted it on their Dogg Food album. They said they didn't like it. It ended up on 2pacs album and Daz told 2pac Dre tried to steal credit for the song

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 2:22 AM | Message # 83

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Lol, you're actually referring to the rapper Lil' ½ Dead.

ohhhhh lol! :D

Quote (abanks47)
To add on to the suspicion here; Suge claims that a bullet is still lodged in his head. the police suspect the wound was self inflicted with a knife or some other tool, not a stray bullet.

so the conspiracy theory gains credence! :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 4:05 AM | Message # 84

Writers
• Eminem was supposed to be signed to Duck Down BEFORE signing with Dre and Aftermath, but Dru Ha decided not to sign him (the rumor is because he did not want to chance singing a white artist)

• Krazyzie Bone is a Jehovah Witness.

• Bizzie Bone claims to have never tried Ecstasy, and also claimed that he was pressured into doing a verse on the Bone Thugs song "Ecstasy".

• Kanye spent a million of his own money to make the final version of the Jesus Walks video.

• Some of Esham's albums are banned in Detroit.

• When Bone Thugs were asked to travel to California to rap for Eazy-E, Flesh-N-Bone put up enough money to get each of them a one-way bus ticket. This meant if things didn't work out with Eazy, they would be stranded. When they arrived in Los Angeles they were literally homeless.

• Kanye West recorded "Through The Wire" with his jaw wired shut.

• Nelly was scouted by the St. Louis Cardinals when he was in High School.

• Lil Wayne was signed to CMR at the age of 10, and him and BG (then called Lil Doogie) were in a group called the B.G.'z. Then he shot accidently himself and then his daddy died so he layed off the mic for a minute.

• BG has been using heroin since the age of 15.

• Everyone in Cash Money has done at least 2 years in prison, I believe.

• Souljah Slim kicked his Heroin addiction cold turkey.

• Lil Wayne never said 'swear' words on any of his records (except "Fuck the World" from The Block Is Hot) prior to him turning 18. That was a stipulation in his contract his mom made.

• Willie D of the group Geto Boys moved his entire family to Baku, Azerbaijan, a Middle East country on the border of Iran.

• Scarface has a tatoo of somebody blowing their brains out on his forearm.

• Scarface tried to commit suicide when he was younger.

• Scarface was ordered to stop touring after his heart attack but kept doing shows anyways.

• Tigger from Rap City's The Basement as well as Mystikal where cheerleaders in High School.

• Andre 3000 drew the cover for Outkast's Aquemini album

• Outkast met one day in High School when they both noticed the other also had a very weird haircut.

• Three 6 Mafia used to be called Triple Six Mafia and made songs about worshipping the devil, but were forced to change their name when they signed to Relativity.

• While shopping for a deal at Capitol Records, Kanye West began talking shit about Jermaine Durpi not knowing that was JD's dad he was talking to. This is why JD and Kanye have beef.

• Mike Jones' A&R team told him not to give out his phone number or say his name repeatedly but his grandmother told him to do it. She claims she had a vision of him doing such.

East Coast Facts & Rumors coming soon...

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 4:09 PM | Message # 85

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
why is it the only track i've EVER heard Pac featured on from another artists was "Thug Luv" by BTNH???!?! like dude was against doing features on other peoples' albums or something. or was it just that he was so fucking expensive that the only people that could afford him were BTNH?

He's also on some other tracks but I can't remember many track he actually featured on another person's album.. Well, Same Song would count? His Thug Life album? He also had a track on Big L's 'The Big Picture' album but I assume you meant while he was alive.

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 4:10 PM | Message # 86

Heads
Oh and I'm pretty sure Smile was on Scarface's 97' album but I know they also collabed a bit while he was alive.
eboyd Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 4:40 PM | Message # 87

Heads
look above lol we already discussed this :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 22/Jan/10, 8:28 PM | Message # 88

Heads
Will Smiths song "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" was ghostwritten by Nas

eboyd Date: Saturday, 23/Jan/10, 7:45 AM | Message # 89

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
Will Smiths song "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" was ghostwritten by Nas

REALLY?!?!?!

i know LES (one of the producers from "Illmatic") did the beat, but i had NO CLUE about Nas ghostwriting it :o

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 23/Jan/10, 2:36 PM | Message # 90

Heads
yup and his song "Party Starter" (shit song) was ghostwritten by Ludacris, i could tell straight away it was written by luda just by listening to how Will Smith was rapping

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: