[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 6:36 PM | Message # 61

Emcees
How sure are you on this one?

very certain, read it in books and heard it in reports on tv as well.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 3:01 AM | Message # 62

Heads
MM..Food is an acroym for MF Doom lol explosive

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
moniPoecige Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 3:16 AM | Message # 63

Watchers
I just want too take some time too Thank everyone for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 3:18 AM | Message # 64

Heads
thanks man, why don't you sign up?

eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 3:47 AM | Message # 65

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
MM..Food is an acroym for MF Doom lol

Anagram

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:31 PM | Message # 66

Writers
Quote (moniPoecige)
I just want too take some time too Thank everyone for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

B)

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 5:19 AM | Message # 67

Heads
huh

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 7:52 AM | Message # 68

B-Girls
These watcher comments are fake.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 5:11 PM | Message # 69

Writers
Who are making the watcher comments, then? Just curious...

Added (17/Jan/10, 5:11 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
2Pac Facts & Rumors

2Pac told the Outlawz not to sign with Death Row under any circumstances many times, and after Pac's death they did in fact sign with Death Row. This is the reason Hussein Fatal left the group, because he said he would be loyal to 2Pac regardless of the money.

2Pac and Thug Life had a concert in Milwaukee that was interrupted by thugs in the crowd. Pac and company left the stage after people in the crowd starting throwing things, only to return momentarily with baseball bats and pistols, encouraging members from the crowd to come to the stage.

The beef between Pac and Snoop started because Snoop claimed that he was having second thoughts about all the enemies they were accumulating in the rap game. This made 2Pac furious and he accused Snoop of being yellow. They never reconciled.

2Pac was holding an AK-47 in his home in Oakland and it went off, spraying right above the heads of members of the Outlawz who were sitting on the sofa across from him. The Outlawz weren't even old enough to buy cigarettes at the time.

While living in Oakland, 2Pac got his ass beat by police for not using the crosswalk.

During the beef between 2Pac and the Fugees, the Fugees were known to leave clubs on the East Coast literally running out the back door LOL. Since they were both big around the same time, they were usually at the same events and release parties in New York. Fans recall members of the Fugees high-tailing it on numerous occasions after catching wind that Pac was coming through. For those who don't know, Wyclef was once quoted saying 2Pac's music was a negative influence on society, or something along those lines.

After getting picked up from prison in a stretch limo provided by Suge, Pac went straight to the studio and recorded his first song as a free man, "Ambitionz Az A Ridah". The song was completed in 15 minutes. The double album was finished in under two weeks. (incredible)

The original contract binding 2Pac to Death Row was signed on a piece of toilet paper.

2Pac is the only artist in history to have a number 1 album while serving prison time.

2Pac shot two off-duty police officers who were harassing an innocent man.

2Pac's mother forced him to read newspapers to her at a young age. This is probably what spawned his love for literature.

Pac was offered a record contract at the age of 13. However, his mother refused to let him sign anything at such a young age. She felt he had a lot to learn about the world before joining the music industry.

In 2005, Rolling Stone Magazine named 2Pac #6 of the '100 Immortal Artists of All Time' behind the likes of Elvis and Lennon.

Inspectah Deck got his chain snatched from a MOB Piru at Suge's club, '662' in Las Vegas. 2Pac got the chain back and returned it to Deck free of charge.

Questlove and Black Thought were chilling at a club with Lauryn Hill and The Fugees in Jersey I think when Pac and company rolled through. Fugees switfly exited through the back door, and Pac made his rounds in the club, eyeing everyone to see their reaction. He spotted ?Love and BT and approached them only to say what's up and show them love. Good story for the Roots, another close call for the Fugees LOL.

During his stay in NY, 2Pac heard a group of people in Brooklyn were looking for him, so he went home, strapped his ass with every gun he had, knocked on their door and yelled, "YOU LOOKIN' FOR ME?" Although allegedly the word had already been put out that Pac was on his way and not to do anything, the NY thugs said they gained a lot of respect for him because of that incident.

More to come...

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 6:13 PM | Message # 70

Heads
why is it the only track i've EVER heard Pac featured on from another artists was "Thug Luv" by BTNH???!?! like dude was against doing features on other peoples' albums or something. or was it just that he was so fucking expensive that the only people that could afford him were BTNH?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 6:39 PM | Message # 71

Writers
Haha, that's pretty funny and true as well. He's done a few guest appearances here and there, but the bulk of his work seems to be entirely credited to him. That's pretty cool.

These are the only guest appearances I can think of off the top of my head...

Young Lay - Got 2 Survive ft. 2Pac

MC Breed - Gotta Get Mine ft. 2Pac

Spice 1 - Jealous Got Me Strapped ft. 2Pac

Madonna - I'd Rather Be Your Lover ft. 2Pac

Added (17/Jan/10, 6:39 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Oh shit, how could I forget Dusted N' Disgusted. Classic shit right here.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 7:49 PM | Message # 72

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Young Lay - Got 2 Survive ft. 2Pac

wow, i totally forgot about this! shit was off one of the Makaveli bootlegs. i think Makaveli 8. i thought it was a Pac track though.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
MC Breed - Gotta Get Mine ft. 2Pac

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Spice 1 - Jealous Got Me Strapped ft. 2Pac

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Oh shit, how could I forget Dusted N' Disgusted. Classic shit right here.

damn i didn't know about these! that dusted and disgusted track was dropped after he died eh? yeah, E-40 and Pac were both managed by Leila Steinberg so they were always in the studio together. it's a surprise they didn't work together more.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Madonna - I'd Rather Be Your Lover ft. 2Pac

lol wow! is this for real haha! it's dope but you would never think 2pac and Madonna would work together lol! then again i hear Pac NEVER listened to hip hop according to Leila. she says he was always bumping shit much like this song, minus the rapping haha! too bad Pac's part was so short though :( that was the best part of the song.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 7:50 PM | Message # 73

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
After getting picked up from prison in a stretch limo provided by Suge, Pac went straight to the studio and recorded his first song as a free man, "Ambitionz Az A Ridah". The song was completed in 15 minutes. The double album was finished in under two weeks. (incredible)

i think this shows 2pac wanted to get off Death Row Records as soon as possible.

Quote (ALCATRAZ)
During his stay in NY, 2Pac heard a group of people in Brooklyn were looking for him, so he went home, strapped his ass with every gun he had, knocked on their door and yelled, "YOU LOOKIN' FOR ME?" Although allegedly the word had already been put out that Pac was on his way and not to do anything, the NY thugs said they gained a lot of respect for him because of that incident.

and that is the life style that will get you killed at a young age.

California Love was supposed to be a solo track for Dre, but Suge made Dre let 2pac put a verse on it. It was supposed to be on Dre's second album The Chronic 2, which is why only the remix appeared on All Eyez On Me. Can't C Me was originally a song for Ice Cube & Dr. Dre, however when that album fell through, Dre submitted it for the Dogg Food album.

2pac called The D.O.C. a coward for leaving Death Row, they met each other when D.O.C was helping MC Breed with his album. 2pac also fell out of favor with Lady of Rage because she refused to diss Biggie, so he called her the weakest link on Death Row. and he fell out of favor with Snoop Dogg when Snoop said he thought biggie was a good artist on a radio station.

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 8:49 PM | Message # 74

Emcees
was this not really pac? how yall not mention this?

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 10:19 PM | Message # 75

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
wow, i totally forgot about this! shit was off one of the Makaveli bootlegs. i think Makaveli 8. i thought it was a Pac track though.

It was on the Makaveli bootleg but obviously bootleg's don't count as official albums. This song was officially released on Young Lay's debut album.

Quote (eboyd)
that dusted and disgusted track was dropped after he died eh?

No, it dropped in 1995, when Pac was doing time for the rape charge. Those 2Pac shirts that everyone was wearing weren't memorial shirts, they were "Free 2Pac" shirts. The song is credited to E-40's sophomore effort, In A Major Way.

Quote (eboyd)
too bad Pac's part was so short though :( that was the best part of the song.

Agreed. They actually scrapped Pac's verse in the end for some reason so you won't find this on any album. It's a true unreleased gem from the vaults of 2Pac and Madonna LOL.

Quote (abanks47)
was this not really pac?

Pac had already passed on. It's a look alike.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: