[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » International Woman's Day !! 8th March !!
International Woman's Day !! 8th March !!
Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Mar/09, 1:35 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i know ain't 8 and maybe in the USA this day ain't celebrated but it's an official holiday recognized by the U.N. so for any female in the word

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOTHERS OF THE EARTH !!

eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Mar/09, 1:36 PM | Message # 2

Heads
hmmm.... interesting. never heard of it. why March 8th?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Mar/09, 1:57 PM | Message # 3

Heads
well it's a very old celebration has to do whit the upheaval of women from second class citizens whit the rise of the Soviet Union the day took heavy political connotations but in Western Europe the day was still celebrated regardless well it has to do whit the spring in legend the spring signifies the birth or rebirth mother earth gives life and some people say it was to do whit a protest of women from clothing and textile factories staged one such protest on 8 March 1857 in New York City it said that from there women all over the world started revolting every year on this day

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 07/Mar/09, 2:08 PM | Message # 4

OGs
lol, no man's day? i wonder why...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Mar/09, 2:19 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
lol, no man's day? i wonder why...

because we celebrate our day everyday biggrin plus our gender rules the world happy on the real tough there is a official men's day it's on November 19th

Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » International Woman's Day !! 8th March !!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: