[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Homework thread. (I cracked.)
Homework thread.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 2:03 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
I need help with just this one thing.

And if anyone else here needs help with homework (I know a few of us are in high school), then feel free to post..

I'm not a wiz at math at ALL... I suck at math to be honest. Here is what I need help with. Simple and quick.

I don't have a book to refer to at the moment, so I'm fucked. The assignment is due Monday morning so I can't really do anything without knowing this critical step.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Adam Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 2:10 AM | Message # 2

B-Girls
hOW TO cAN?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 2:11 AM | Message # 3

Emcees
hOW IS BABBY FORMED

norly guise help pl0x

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 7:29 AM | Message # 4

OGs
2/5a + 4 < 2 + 4
-------------------------
2/5a <6

am i reading that right?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adam Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 7:30 AM | Message # 5

B-Girls
I don't even know what kind of math this is or what subject. So that information might help.

Greeny Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 9:21 AM | Message # 6

OGs
2/(5a) < 6
2 < 30a
1/15 < a

No idea what fraction means.. I'm not sure if the pointy croc mouth (equality sign) is suppose to turn around there somewhere. Do you have a list of correct answers? Google is your pal.

Added (22/Jan/11, 9:21 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (s0dr2)
2/5a - 4 (+ 4) < 2 (+ 4)
-------------------------
2/5a <6

am i reading that right?

Fixed. Those in parentheses were added by him to get 4 on the other side.

I'm pretty sure he's just suppose to find a, so the subject must be algebra on level C, amirite?

:)
s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 10:53 AM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Greeny)
Fixed. Those in parentheses were added by him to get 4 on the other side.

I'm pretty sure he's just suppose to find a, so the subject must be algebra on level C, amirite?

oh touche....the work above the line was his attempt at the answer...touche

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 1:48 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
Damn Greeny you're a fuckin boss. Everything you post is diamonds.

Quote (Greeny)

Yep... First level algebra.... I'm somewhat of a Math dummy. I'm a sophomore that is still in Algebra one, while all my friends are in Geometry and Algebra II. It's the first time I've actually felt dumb. But hey, I didn't really try my first time around in Algebra one. So if I try this time, maybe I'll do well.

School sucks.

Greeny Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 3:14 PM | Message # 9

OGs
I'm spicy like that.
Math can be fun if you want it to be.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 4:02 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
Explain.

I mean it's not particularly boring for me.. But I don't like it by any means either.

I've just been out of school for a year and haven't done any math at all, so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

Greeny Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 5:44 PM | Message # 11

OGs
Forget it.

Adam Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 8:13 PM | Message # 12

B-Girls
math is the easiest subject period. Everything is learned and there is no ifs ands or buts on answers. Just one single right answer. No memory games no fucking studying just know the equations and your good.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 10:59 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
^Some people's minds work differently. English is easiest for me. Always has been. It's easy as fuck for me to write about something, anything, because I can rant on and on about some stupid shit and make someone think I'm serious.

I just have a hard time with math. I'm not mathematically minded. I don't think in terms of black and white.

Bape Date: Saturday, 22/Jan/11, 11:15 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
^Some people's minds work differently. English is easiest for me. Always has been. It's easy as fuck for me to write about something, anything, because I can rant on and on about some stupid shit and make someone think I'm serious.

I just have a hard time with math. I'm not mathematically minded. I don't think in terms of black and white.

Bacon's my lost fuckin Brother!

Greeny Date: Sunday, 23/Jan/11, 8:49 AM | Message # 15

OGs
So this thread is for whoever needs help with their homework? Because I got homework that I really need help with. Google and Wikipedia let me down...
It's in physics, shouldn't be all too hard, because it's stuff we should have learned about last year ... Only we didn't. Sold my old physics book, so I can't search it there :S

Anyway, I only need to know a formula that tells the "grid-constant" for something. If you know what I'm talking about, it'd be great if you helped me out one way or the other.

We have had no more information on the subject than we got in the assignment. Never had a subject near this one before.

Assignment says:
"The bending angle is the angle between the incoming light and the reflected light. ...
To analyze the structure of the green dots on the butterfly's wings, light, with the wavelength 530 nm, is sent perpendicularly on them.
There is a powerful 'first degree reflection' with a bending angle on 15 degrees"
A) Find the gridconstant for the butterfly's wing
B) Find the amount of 'bendingorders' that can be observed from a butterfly's wing with the grid constant of 1 micrometer (µm)"

Translated from my language to english, something might not make much sense.

Added (23/Jan/11, 8:49 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Word I put in quotation marks are words I never heard of before.

Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Homework thread. (I cracked.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: