[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » GG Allin: Hated (Interesting doc)
GG Allin: Hated
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 1:10 PM | Message # 1

Emcees

What do you think about GG Allin?

Personally I think he was mentally ill (obviously) and I guess I somewhat agree with his ideas about rock'n'roll being dead, but then again he was fucking crazy, so... I dunno.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Greeny Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 1:42 PM | Message # 2

OGs
It doesn't matter if he was crazy or not, if you agree you agree. I agree with a whole lot that Nietzsche was talking about, and he was nuts like apples, that's how crazy, yes.

:)
eboyd Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 2:42 PM | Message # 3

Heads
The difference is that Nietzsche just suddenly went nuts. GG Allin was never sane lol. That said, there is a lot I have in common with the thinking of Ted Kaczinski (The Unabomber) but that doesn't change the fact that I think he is batshit insane.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Greeny Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 3:17 PM | Message # 4

OGs
Nietzsche didn't go insane suddenly, you can see the progression in his literature.
I haven't really seen it myself by reading the books in chronological order, but I saw an example in a documentary on him.

He must've been pretty insane from start though, bashing religions like that.

My point was that you shouldn't dismiss something someone says because of who someone is.

:)
ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 4:22 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
The difference is that Nietzsche just suddenly went nuts. GG Allin was never sane lol. That said, there is a lot I have in common with the thinking of Ted Kaczinski (The Unabomber) but that doesn't change the fact that I think he is batshit insane.

Exactly. Ted is a fucking genius on multiple levels, and I admire the fact that he actually lived the lifestyle he preached in some ways... He talked about the things he did. That doesn't mean everything he did was good. But I'm the same way with Timothy McVeigh. For one, I pretty much agree with his stance on US foreign policy (and not as much, but still on point with the way he looked at the way our government treats us). But what he did was wrong. Hypocrisy.

Anyways, yeah. Do you think GG was rock'n'roll or just fucking stupid? I want Menace's take on GG, he's the person who got me into punk.. I'm hesitant to use that word, I'm not a fan of the modern subculture (I think people need to let it die, punk had it's golden days and it's cool to look back but trying to carry it on is lame, Fugazi came out of the hardcore rubble in the 90's and made a whole new subgenre of punk rather than trying to keep the mohawk thing going).

I'm torn on GG. Part of me feels like he took satire and trolling to the ultimate level, and was willing to sacrifice himself to get under society's skin. The other half of me thinks he was just really fucking mislead and he really thought he was god.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » GG Allin: Hated (Interesting doc)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: