[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Boondocks?
Boondocks?
NtG Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 6:00 PM | Message # 1

Heads
how come this show isnt played at better times? its on at 1 o clock tonight?? thats dumb as fuck

[deleted]
Render215 Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 6:47 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
It's the best show... But not a lot of people seem down with it imo.

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
Render215 Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 10:43 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
I actually meant to say the best show on Adult Swim... IMO of course, besides the Venture Brothers....

LoveThatHipHop Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 11:38 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
It's the best show... But not a lot of people seem down with it imo

Most people just don't understand it. I've only found 3 people at my school who thinks it's cool. Other's just say it's dumb.
how come this show isnt played at better times? its on at 1 o clock tonight?? thats dumb as fuck

I thought it came on saturday?

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.
NtG Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 11:45 PM | Message # 5

Heads
is on tonight at 1, i have only seen a few episodes of it before, but i wanna see more. i have no idea what time its usually on at. sad

[deleted]
Render215 Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 1:24 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
i just downloaded all of it uncensored... way better.

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 11/Apr/09, 5:20 AM | Message # 7

Heads
it isnt played better because it tells part of the truth,thats why it has censored episodes and its played at 1 in the night

Graffiti
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 6:06 AM | Message # 8

Heads
i saw this for the first time today it was on at 12 pm here we just got Comedy Central in nz. but i didn't think it was that good, lol but i like the fact they had hip hop music in it, i guess its alright as a story, but in terms of being funny i don't find it funny at all. It was an episode where the grand dad got into a fight with some crazy old blind man etc, but they kept talking about "nigger moments" and every time they said the word nigger it just sounded so ugly to me. They showed two black men get into an argument and then they start shooting each other, in a retarded way every shot they fired at each other missed despite them standing right next to each other. the kid said this is a nigger moment, then it showed what would happen if a white and a black man got into an argument and the white man calmly walked away. I swear this show is written by the KKK man. And there was some old ugly black guy saying niggers can't fight for shit or something, and said the best fighters were all white men. i mean come on man this must be secretly written by the kkk lol if not then im sure they're big fans of the show and probably show it to their kids saying "see son? i told you niggers are all retards they even admit it themselves".

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
LoveThatHipHop Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 8:38 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
i saw this for the first time today it was on at 12 pm here we just got Comedy Central in nz. but i didn't think it was that good, lol but i like the fact they had hip hop music in it, i guess its alright as a story, but in terms of being funny i don't find it funny at all. It was an episode where the grand dad got into a fight with some crazy old blind man etc, but they kept talking about "nigger moments" and every time they said the word nigger it just sounded so ugly to me. They showed two black men get into an argument and then they start shooting each other, in a retarded way every shot they fired at each other missed despite them standing right next to each other. the kid said this is a nigger moment, then it showed what would happen if a white and a black man got into an argument and the white man calmly walked away. I swear this show is written by the KKK man. And there was some old ugly black guy saying niggers can't fight for shit or something, and said the best fighters were all white men. i mean come on man this must be secretly written by the kkk lol if not then im sure they're big fans of the show and probably show it to their kids saying "see son? i told you niggers are all retards they even admit it themselves".

Boondocks was created by a BLACK MAN, who is sharing his views on the flaws of black people in today's usual life, media, etc. In the episode you saw ("Granddad's Fight"), it was a view on a common thing we see today. nigga moments: A moment where two logical black men get in a fight over some stupid shit. The Boondocks is kind of like a slap to the whole black community saying "Hey people, this is the truth and this is what we have to stop, or we'll just be proving this about us!" It suppose to make people go "Damn. Well that looked stupid. Should I do that anymore?" but people are just watching it for the humor and not the meaning. The characters are also based on people we see in the community:
Huey: the intellectual revolutionary who no one listens to, and when they don't they get into trouble
Riley: the stereotypical thug
Granddad: the parent who wants more for his children than the ghetto (even if he hates them)
Uncle Ruckus (the ugly one): the self hating black man
Tom: the happy slave

I have to say, the comic was better than the show, but all the same...

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 8:44 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
^^^i knew you would go off like this...but i agree with you

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 10:25 PM | Message # 11

Heads
oh okay i see, but yeah it seems like people watch it more for the humor but i didn't really think it was that funny, it was still interesting since i watched the whole thing kinda like everybody hates chris i never laugh when i watch that and i don't find it that funny but i still watch it coz the story is still interesting just doesn't make me laugh.

Render215 Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 11:03 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
Emseed would prob get a kick out of the funnier episodes.... All the drama with Gangstalicious, etd.. lol

OH YEAH.. And GOOD TUNEZ TOO... And Some cool fight scenes....

Message edited by Render215 - Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 11:09 PM
Menace Date: Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 6:54 PM | Message # 13

Heads
man are they gonna air a third season or what ?? or the show got canceled come on you Americans tell me LOL :D

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 7:41 PM | Message # 14

Heads
wasn't there already a thread about this somewhere, yeah i heard something about it getting canceled or something

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Boondocks?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: