[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The NBA's Artifical Superstars (Part 3) ((The death of the defense))
The NBA's Artifical Superstars (Part 3)
LyricalContent Date: Tuesday, 13/Jan/09, 11:36 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
the death of the defence <<< click the link to read the artical

the following are some comments I came across regarding todays nba play that I happened to agree with:

guys played with heart back in the jordan era. you were going to get smacked if you came inside. today they just get out of the way.

The nba has too many artificial superstars due to the soft rules, i say bring back
1. no more restricted area
2. hand checking
3. no more touch fouls, man fouls only!
4. no defensive 3 sec
5. more zone

Then we will see who the real superstars are if any.

THE 80's and 90's era are so tough to go to the basket damm !!!

plus there is that zone beneath the basket where no offensive fouls are being called. causing the d to leave that spot vacant it does enable a cutting off.player to slip right through easily...

n.b.a is not the same since the 90's.. players today are talented and skillful no doubt but throw them in the 90's era.. they would'nt it hack it!!

Its a fact that the NBA has lost its greatness after Stern killed the NBA with the The handchecking rule, 3 second rule, no hard fouls, ghost calls, zone defense, players with no fundamentals or passing abilities etc.

The NBA sucks compared to the 80s and 90s

wow im to young to know the old D, damn the NBA in mikes day looks way tougher, hand checking and all those massive bodies clogging the lane, and they just hammer dudes back in the day on the drive, I think MJ would if he was playing in these rules would be scoring 80 point games all the time, it would be too easy

after watching this i wouldnt be suprised if jordan score 100+ in a game against the modern rules. kobe would never get 81 against hand checking and clogged lanes

after watching this i wouldnt be suprised if jordan score 100+ in a game against the modern rules. kobe would never get 81 against hand checking and clogged lanes

Great video. It really shows how defenders just stand there or even run away from the ballhandler when he drives. And you see it all the time in today's game. At the 6:40 mark Kobe drives into the lane with five defenders and not one contests the shot. They looked like mannequins. If you do make a hard foul today, you get the flagrant, possible fine, and you're labeled dirty, when no one would have blinked an eye at it fifteen, twenty years ago.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8

Message edited by LyricalContent - Tuesday, 13/Jan/09, 11:37 PM
Uncharted Date: Saturday, 17/Jan/09, 8:35 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
man my dad was talking to me about that a couple days ago he was talking about how scary it was to go against the bull's defense.

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 17/Jan/09, 9:33 PM | Message # 3

Heads
And not a single one of those guys back then knew wat the weight room was either

LMAO face it the old school ways are long gone..its just like the golden era..its not coming back

True the new rules nowadays are 100% sissified, but do u really think for one sec people care now?

Its all about Marketability...Kobe cant be marketable if he has a bloody nose or sore knee every game he play

Its about the bucks and as we all know The Bigger the Superstar, The More Cash Behind Him
So if they were to keep the rules like they were back then
The NBA would be nowhere near as wealthy as they are now

Who wants to buy shoes if Carmelo was missing 4 front teeth?

Sick With It
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 17/Jan/09, 9:35 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Absoluately noone

thus meaning...less indoursment deals

Less merchandise sells

Take away that alone and every team wouldnt be able to afford their superstars and they alone run through 20 Million a season

Sick With It
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Sunday, 18/Jan/09, 1:26 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)

me lol

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 18/Jan/09, 2:15 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
me lol

LMAO!!

Anyway......

Sick With It
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 18/Jan/09, 9:02 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
co sign with meth but the NBA officials these days r so gay.It could be somebody just touched the other player's jersey they call a flagerant.

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 19/Jan/09, 12:28 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (coolmon)
co sign with meth but the NBA officials these days r so gay.It could be somebody just touched the other player's jersey they call a flagerant.

Yea they call the most biased calls in the league

Lebron doesnt get called for anything these days

Sick With It
LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 9:02 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
And not a single one of those guys back then knew wat the weight room was either

what the heck that got to do with any thing?they still better then most of the socalled stars of today and that"s a fact
Quote (Lord_Meth)
True the new rules nowadays are 100% sissified, but do u really think for one sec people care now?

Its all about Marketability...Kobe cant be marketable if he has a bloody nose or sore knee every game he play

Its about the bucks and as we all know The Bigger the Superstar, The More Cash Behind Him

yeah my point exactly these jokers ain't got no heart a lil bump on the head and they crying foul
the attitude of the player ain't even the same
you really think they could've handled the physical play of the goldenages? that alone makes 5 of mikes points worth about 15 about of kobes

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8

Message edited by LyricalContent - Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 9:11 PM
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 9:06 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)

yes my boy is growing up he started to see the shit behind LOL biggrin

tha-dropper Date: Thursday, 05/Feb/09, 9:52 AM | Message # 11

Removed
eh...things change...

all he's tryna do is clean the sport up, college has influenced some of the rules i would say, with the zone defense being allowed...

the 'hand checking' is what made gary payton the glove, without that who knows...so they have switched a whole lot of shit around...it is what it is though, still fun to watch...

they do be callin some fouls though, shaq would get called for fouls just move'n his arms...it has gottin soft for real, you still gotta be a beast to play down low...and with how the sport is more international and shit, it used to just be america...it really has gottin soft, but what can you do...

Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » The NBA's Artifical Superstars (Part 3) ((The death of the defense))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: