[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Who is responsible for splitting threads? (Specifically ones that I happen to post in...)
Who is responsible for splitting threads?
ALCATRAZ Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 2:55 PM | Message # 1

Writers
It's not a good look for the board... Why post in a thread if you have the notion that it may be split somewhere down the road because someone doesn't agree with what you said or feel that the debate is getting off topic?

The last time I checked, this wasn't a high volume message board, meaning we aren't doing anyone a disservice by racking up posts in any threads, regardless of the topic...

Forum admins, you really need to give some attention to this... I really don't enjoy posting here knowing that 5 or 6 pages down the road the thread will be split, a new author given credence, and the old thread left to languish.

What's the deal....

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 2:59 PM | Message # 2

Heads
They split the threads cuz things go off-topic and takes the original thread totally off its course so they create a new one so the original thread can be back on topic

Sick With It
TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 3:07 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
They split the threads cuz things go off-topic and takes the original thread totally off its course so they create a new one so the original thread can be back on topic

All this resulted in was that the old thread someone was trying to 'preserve' is now on page 2 with not a single reply having been added since the split as it had clearly run it's course anyhow, nobody was talking about that anymore and the only reason for why it was getting attention was the discussion we were having by the end of it. What it also did was ruin the discussion by scattering replies all over the place so that they're in no particular order which is partly why I don't want to participate in it anymore.

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 3:12 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Whoever split it messed up doing it...but no biggie idk y its a big deal tho

Sick With It
ALCATRAZ Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 3:14 PM | Message # 5

Writers
What I don't want to believe, but I think may be the case, is that the threads are being split as to give the effect that there is more traffic on the forum than there actually is. I don't like that one bit. And I wholeheartedly agree with TheWatcher. After a thread has been split, the original threads tends to not receive any more posts, and the proof is in the pudding. I understand people want this forum to get more attention but this is definitely not the right way of going about doing it. I hope this is properly looked into and sorted out.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 3:41 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
What I don't want to believe, but I think may be the case, is that the threads are being split as to give the effect that there is more traffic on the forum than there actually is. I don't like that one bit. And I wholeheartedly agree with TheWatcher. After a thread has been split, the original threads tends to not receive any more posts, and the proof is in the pudding. I understand people want this forum to get more attention but this is definitely not the right way of going about doing it. I hope this is properly looked into and sorted out.

that isn't at all what the deal is. we split threads in order to keep a cohesive discussion going rather than having a topic run in 3,000 different directions. however, i will agree with you that whoever split Pensmokes thread really went loony with that shit lol! :D

splitting threads is ok.... IN MODERATION, lol. guys, split the thread once, maybe twice. no need to take it any further than that.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 5:30 PM | Message # 7

Heads
it wasn't me because i don't know how to split lol, last time i tried that i screwd up so i never tried it again but i do understand why it was split...

Quote (Lord_Meth)

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 5:33 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)

hmm, yeah I didn't split the thread you guys r talking about. But I have talked about mods needin to split threads only when hip hop threads get turned into political crap debates. We're suppose to be a hip hop forum, not a political one. If that wasn't the case then yeah that head or og made a mistake in splitting the thread.

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 09/Feb/10, 6:50 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
hmm, yeah I didn't split the thread you guys r talking about. But I have talked about mods needin to split threads only when hip hop threads get turned into political crap debates. We're suppose to be a hip hop forum, not a political one. If that wasn't the case then yeah that head or og made a mistake in splitting the thread.

nah, the thread was rightfully split, but whoever split it might as well have split each individual comment into it's own separate thread lol. they split it really weird. it's like "damn, where's the conversation i was just having?" lol :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » RHHF Talk » Who is responsible for splitting threads? (Specifically ones that I happen to post in...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: