[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Wu-Tang - "8Diagrams" ((Not sure if we done this..(or is it to old now?)))
Wu-Tang - "8Diagrams"
Rate
1.100 - 90[ 1 ][9.09%]
2.89 - 80[ 1 ][9.09%]
3.79 - 70[ 6 ][54.55%]
4.69 - 60[ 1 ][9.09%]
5.59 - 50[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.49 - 40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39 - 30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29 - 20[ 1 ][9.09%]
9.19 - 10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9 - 0[ 1 ][9.09%]
Answers total: 11
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 12:44 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
the weakest member, U-God

Weakest? WTF? You meant most underrated

About album.... WACK. lol
I liked only The Heart Gently Weeps (Ghostface killed it... dont hate on that track. lol), Rushing Elephants and Life Changes

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 1:04 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Weakest? WTF? You meant most underrated

WHA???? lol! U-God is, BY CONSENSUS, the weakest Wu Tang member. Raekwon, to me, is the next worst (shit, he may be worse IMO) and Meth is 3rd, but that doesn't mean that he's wack (U and Rae are though)

Quote (El_Matador)
About album.... WACK. lol

?!?!?!?! weak in comparison to other Wu albums, but wack? it was above average IMO but nowhere near classic.

Quote (El_Matador)
I liked only The Heart Gently Weeps (Ghostface killed it... dont hate on that track. lol)

?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!?!!?!???!?!!! that track FUCKING SUCKED! worst on the ENTIRE ALBUM! and Ghost's verse was pretty much the reason!!!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 1:58 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
WHA???? lol! U-God is, BY CONSENSUS, the weakest Wu Tang member. Raekwon, to me, is the next worst (shit, he may be worse IMO) and Meth is 3rd, but that doesn't mean that he's wack (U and Rae are though)

Rae? lol You crazy son.
U-God's got flow, and he can rhyme. He dont have charisma but it dont makes him the weakest. I completely disagree with you on that.

Quote (eboyd)
?!?!?!?! weak in comparison to other Wu albums, but wack? it was above average IMO but nowhere near classic.

Yeah, 8 Diagrams suck. It may be a nice shit if you compare it to mainstream bullshit in nowadays, but you cant put it next to Wu and Wu-Family classics cos 8 Diagrams is wack, even album that I never liked "Iron Flag" eats 8 Diagrams alive

Quote (eboyd)
?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!?!!?!???!?!!! that track FUCKING SUCKED! worst on the ENTIRE ALBUM! and Ghost's verse was pretty much the reason!!!!!

Well, it's your opinion, Eric.

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Message edited by El_Matador - Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 1:59 PM
eboyd Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:06 PM | Message # 19

Heads
I know biggrin anyways, yes, 8 Diagrams is probably the Wu's weakest album, I agree... but WACK though? no and I will admit U-God was dope on this album and on "Da Mystery Of Chessboxin'" he had the best verse, but how the hell is ODB wack? Got damn! That's like my 3rd favorite Wu member! :'( and yes, we can agree to disagree, but "The Heart Gently Weeps" was pretty wack IMO and most people I've spoken to (even those who felt the same as you about the album) said that track fucking sucked and was the worst on the album too biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:16 PM | Message # 20

Heads
U-God had alot of dope verses. Remember "Severe Punishment" or even his solo track "Dats Gangsta"? And I liked Ghost on "The Heart Gently Weeps" and thats my immortal opinion.
About "8 diagrams" again... it was lack of everything. Even my fav track off that album "Lifes Changes" is lack of Ghostface verse. And ODB... well, I like ODB, I like whole Wu (except Capadonna). But lets face it: as a full-emcee ODB was weak. lol He had his unique style, voice, etc etc but as a full-emcee he was weak. Ya know what I mean by a "full-emcee"?

Menace Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:20 PM | Message # 21

Heads
what's a full MC for you ?? ODB had diversity and lyrical skill he could spit serious shit and he could spit crazy shit too you saw him on Yo Mtv Raps mad drunk and high spitting epic rhymes ?? not crazy shit epic shit man ODB is what MC should be a diverse fella diversity lacks from all people now days

Menace Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:22 PM | Message # 22

Heads
ODB was the crazy scientist of Hip Hop like in those stories and movies

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:23 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Menace, tell me your thoughts about U-God being the weakest member in WU

eboyd Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:26 PM | Message # 24

Heads
I feel you. I haven't heard "Severe Punishment" or "Dat's Gangsta" (or, more likely, I don't remember them) and tbh, I say consensus says that on "HGW" but they aren't necessarily referring to Ghost's verse (I'm not a big Ghost fan though), they are referring, more likely, to the poorly done way RZA flipped that Beatles sample. I agree with you on ODB and Capadonna though. ODB was a bit stuck on his style. He was more of a hype man than an emcee (don't sleep though. Dude had some CRAZY dope verses). Cap is just wack though. "I love you like I love my dick size." LMAO!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:48 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
I feel you. I haven't heard "Severe Punishment" or "Dat's Gangsta" (or, more likely, I don't remember them) and tbh, I say consensus says that on "HGW" but they aren't necessarily referring to Ghost's verse (I'm not a big Ghost fan though), they are referring, more likely, to the poorly done way RZA flipped that Beatles sample. I agree with you on ODB and Capadonna though. ODB was a bit stuck on his style. He was more of a hype man than an emcee (don't sleep though. Dude had some CRAZY dope verses). Cap is just wack though. "I love you like I love my dick size." LMAO!

Now I agree. lol
Beat is good for a mainstream top single, my fav producer ever RZA didnt show his musical pride.
Ghost took it with his verse.... and ummmm that sexy voice of Erykah Badu biggrin

About Capadonna... he is one of reasons why "Wu-Tang Forever" wasn't a true classic

Menace Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 2:51 PM | Message # 26

Heads
ODB was the first DOOM everyone praised his version of the 36 chambers he was way ahead of his time he was experimental in a age of grittiness his sounds his voice his lyrics simply innovative

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 4:46 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Most thoughtful and lyrically best track from ODB I ever heard

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 4:49 PM | Message # 28

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
ODB was the first DOOM everyone praised his version of the 36 chambers he was way ahead of his time he was experimental in a age of grittiness his sounds his voice his lyrics simply innovative

i AGREE

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Authentic Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:46 PM | Message # 29

Writers
the album was aight but it could've been much better
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Wu-Tang - "8Diagrams" ((Not sure if we done this..(or is it to old now?)))
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: