[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Ill Bill - "The Hour Of Reprisal"
Ill Bill - "The Hour Of Reprisal"
Wat did u think of this album?
1.100-90[ 3 ][75.00%]
2.89-80[ 1 ][25.00%]
3.79-70[ 0 ][0.00%]
4.69-60[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.59-50[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 4
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 21/Oct/08, 10:18 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Lyrics: 98%
Flow: 88%
Production: 100% (Best Ive heard in a while from a new artist Ive heard)
X-Factor: 97% (He is extremely underated even in underground)
Overall: 95.75%

Ill Bill is like the seed of Vinnie Paz and Immortal Tech combined. He posses Vinnie's hardcore delivery and battle lyrics, while he has Immortal Tech's flow, political anger, and knowledge. This rapper is definately in my top 15 without a doubt and his album should definately be scooped up by anyone who hasnt heard him.

Sick With It
Kiba Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 2:02 AM | Message # 2

Emcees
I love what Bill does with this album. He uses his connections in hip-hop from his already 15 year career and gets production and verses from some of this best in the game (similar to Non-Phixion's debut in '02). DJ Muggs and DJ Premier both drop some sick beats and the guest verses from Immortal Technique, Raekwon, Vinnie Paz, and Tech N9ne are all on point. But besides the work other artists put in, ya gotta remember Bill's the star of this Power Hour (the album is roughly 60 minutes as well) and he definitely shines. The concepts on this album are all razor sharp. The album starts with a hook from Killswitch Engage's lead singer, Howard Jones and the song sets the tone for the album very well, raw rhymes over dope production all infused with a heavy metal mentality. The deepest song on the album, "My Uncle," gives a real and powerful summary of this crazy man lol, Uncle Howie, that long-time fans of Necro and Ill Bill know all about "If you havnt seen it yet, type on utube Necro - I Need Drugs" and wathch the vid with Howie and another junkie shooting up. Instead of only glorifying his uncle's antics, Bill gives some real perspective about the man and how important he was, and still is, in his everyday life. A lot of the "conspiracy theory" raps missing from Bill's debut are back in full strength on this album. The Premo produced "Society is Brainwashed" is one of the hottest songs on this album and gives a great overview of Bill's opinions about the "programming" Americans go through. Every song goes hard, and Bill shows you into his reality with each verse. "White N****r" is another powerful song about Bill's own experience with race relations and how he's always been labeled and criticized by his enemies and peers due his own skintone and inclination towards black/hip-hop culture.

All in all, i feel as if Bill's really dropped some major heat on this album and truly shows his talent over nearly every track. There are a few missteps, production-wise, when Bill decides to helm the boards. A few of his beats feel a little simplistic and show a lack of flair. Some concepts also sound pretty reused and like "been there, done that" territory for Bill. But, for the most part, Bill brings the illness and something fresh to this album and it really works.

Also i agree with meth this album is extremely underated even in the underground i havnt heard many ppl on utube talk about it.
Cause i remember the hype of it all coming out but then heard nothing when it did come out.
Also i was having a look through ill bills channel on utube ILLBILLTV the other day and he didnt have that many veiws
on his vids....But i dont think he would care, it is the underground and thats what happends

Lyrics: 98%
Flow: 90%
Production: 95%
X-Factor: 100%
Overall: 97%

This for me was the album of 08, well so far anyway
yes better then Nas - Untitled
i wasnt the biggest fan of Untitled but we all have our tastes in music yaah wink

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Message edited by Kiba - Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 2:05 AM
Deadly-Sin Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 4:06 AM | Message # 3

Removed
Quote (Kiba)
yes better then Nas - Untitled

COULDNT AGREE WITH U MORE
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 7:36 PM | Message # 4

Heads
wow LMAO that was a good as review Kiba LMAO now imagined if u could happen to summon all of that writing into ur battle lyrics............eeeeekkk....that scares me just thinking about it

Sick With It
Menace Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:15 PM | Message # 5

Heads
o posted at the news section one moth ago this news about this album

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Oct/08, 8:44 PM | Message # 6

Heads
I didnt even notice u did LMAO its my bad aint it...?
I had this album for about a month and its just one of my favorites I jumped into Ill Bill blind so I didnt kno wat to expect from him and he made a good impression from me

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Ill Bill - "The Hour Of Reprisal"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: