[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Pensmoke's album (WOOOOO!)
Pensmoke's album
Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 10:09 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Online sites for purchasing are not ready yet.

so cool pen, i'll buy it when its ready online, we'll add it to the front page with the link, u can add it or any of the new tracks to the main page or i'll do it for u, we can also send it out on myspace bulletin, i don't mind a reminder because i get distracted and forget on top of everything else.

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 0:41 AM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Thanks Chinita you are awesome as usual, ma
yw
:D
;)

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:10 AM | Message # 33

Heads
Hey, when my EP is finished I plan on selling it on the streets (the old school way ;) ) and I would be more than willing to try to sell copies of your album as well. My man Mnemonic says that at Venice Beach here in Cali people will literally buy music just because they want to support independent artists. What I can do is sell my album and tell people "hey, if you enjoy my music you will enjoy this as well". Maybe we can even exchange copies of each others' album ie I send, say, 25 copies your way of my EP and you send 25 my way and we can both promote each other. I'll only be selling mine for $5 though because it's only an EP.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 4:18 AM | Message # 34

Heads
Btw, are you still unsigned or are you signed to a local independent label? If you are still unsigned, maybe I can run a copy of your album by Mnemonic and see what he says about it and maybe I can get you a deal. He has distribution through Fat Beats if I can get him to work with you. He's picky on what he chooses to represent though so we'll see. Just let me know if you want me to try.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 9:46 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Ok, sounds good. I'll probably have to also see how many copies I have left as well before deciding how many I can share with you. As for getting signed, with indie labels you don't have to deal with the horrors you do with majors. I have complete creative freedom over my project. The only difference is that I give up a small percentage of what I make to the label for better distribution in order to get my CD out there more which means more sales, more exposure, and most importantly, more people get to hear my message. So I'll just offer you one more time and then I'll leave you alone, but since the last thing I want is to feel guilty that I got you screwed, I'll put out my project first and tell you how my experience was and tell you honestly whether I recommend you to try to get signed as well by my friend's label. Sound good?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 0:10 AM | Message # 36

Heads
I haven't actually signed the contracts or anything yet. I still have to do a good amount of my own promotion but there's also a promotion team and we get distribution through Fat Beats and that is the biggest advantage.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Pensmoke's album (WOOOOO!)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: