[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg
what do you honestly rate it
1.100-90[ 0 ][0.00%]
2.89-80[ 1 ][16.67%]
3.79-70[ 4 ][66.67%]
4.69-60[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.59-50[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.49-40[ 1 ][16.67%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 6
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 1:13 AM | Message # 1

Heads

this album is one of those "hip hop confession" ones, i personally think this is snoops best album since Doggystyle, a lot of the fans of doggystyle were constantly disappointed with snoops later albums, but this album snoop took it back, from the R&G shit he was doing at the time to the gangsta rap his fans wanted to hear. i think snoop wanted to step up his lyrics on this album which you can hear on "Think About It"

where snoop raps totally different to how he's rapped on any of his other songs. The album is a little bit hit and miss at times, there are some songs i don't like and songs i do, i think the production is definitely dope and carries the album. he also reunited with D.O.C getting him to help with lyrics on the songs Boss Life, Imagine and That's That Shit. i really liked the energy on the tracks like Vato, Gangbanging 101 and 10 lil crips, the then the album had some good mellow songs like Boss Life, Imagine, Round Here, also some good funky tracks like Crazy, Conversations. but there were a few songs i didn't like, such as Candy, Get A Light, the album seems made especially for playing really loud in your car.

my fave tracks:

Intrology ft. George Clinton
Think About It
Crazy ft. Nate Dogg
Vato ft. B-Real
Thats That Shit ft. R Kelly
Boss Life ft. Nate Dogg
Round Here (omg its a solo track) :O
Imagine ft. D'Angelo & Dr. Dre
Gangabanging 101 ft. The Game
Conversations ft. Stevie Wonder
and yes I Wanna Fuck You ft. Akon

mainstream or not the beat for That's That Shit is dope. but because of the filler tracks i'll give it an overall of 79%.

as you can see from the tracks Snoop had a lot of guest appearances, which i think is why he wanted his next album "Ego Trippin" to be a solo album, of course it still didn't end up being quite a solo album, but was arguably his worst lol, but thats another album.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Uncharted Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 8:20 AM | Message # 2

Emcees
yea im not gonna lie, there were a few times i was listening to this album, like "vato", "imagine", "thats that shit". the album is alright, i put it behind doggystyle (he didnt make any good albums besides doggystyle and this one)

El_Matador Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 10:24 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
D.O.C

he ghostwrote "Round Here" too

the album is mad dope, comparing this to Ego Trippin or Paid Tha Cost to Be Tha Cock... well I can call it a real raw shit. LOL

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Uncharted Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 11:12 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
Malice and Wonderland is like a west coast version of ghostface's new album imo lol

El_Matador Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 11:54 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
Malice and Wonderland is like a west coast version of ghostface's new album imo lol

for short: GARBAGE

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Acekat00o Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 2:04 PM | Message # 6

Heads
lol whats with the mainstream rappers wit hthese "confension albums" ? Maibe it really will be diferent i nthe next decade ^_^

Graffiti
Uncharted Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:06 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (El_Matador)
for short: GARBAGE

yep

Added (10/Jan/10, 3:06 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (EmSeeD)
and yes I Wanna Fuck You ft. Akon

no

El_Matador Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:39 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
and yes I Wanna Fuck You

no, you don't!

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: