6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 2 ][18.18%]
Answers total: 11
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 15/Jun/10, 11:28 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i actually liked more songs than i thought i would on this album, i thought i'd only like 1 maybe 2 at most, but good songs for me were

even though the beat and chorus sound mainstream i actually like it. its nice to hear an uptempo sounding song from eminem too. not sure about the rhymes though but w/e it still sounds good.

really liked the sample on the chorus for this.

first time i heard this i laughed at the chorus, coz it sounded like he was just trying to recreate Beautiful which was the top selling single from his last album. but after hearing some of the other songs it doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

liked the vocal sample on this one, which is a sample from Black Sabbath. it was produced by Emile who has worked with AZ recently so i was surprised to see him on an Eminem album.

these are just my fave tracks, there were a lot of songs that were meh ok but not that great and then a lot i didn't like. Eminems rhymes are dope but the subject matter is mostly just him ranting about shit. there were some good concepts on the album however, he does talk about his relationship with hip hop on a couple songs and his fustration at how hip hop heads don't really accept him. but most of the songs were just ranting. i'm not really feeling this new delivery he's been using either, it sounds like he's just trying to fit as many rhymes in as he possibly can to be lyrical but the flow just doesn't go smoothly over the beat which is what i would prefer to hear.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 2:20 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
On fire is a good track also

thessad Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 11:23 PM | Message # 3

Writers
My review:

Modern Eminem is the subject of much scrutiny, with a lot of people seemingly talking about his newer work more in terms of where it stands on the Eminem timeline than where it stands as music in general. So I'm going to try to avoid doing that.

Alright, Recovery. Eminem's rapping angrily through the vast majority of it, no matter how fitting doing so is for the subject matter, and it gets tiresome after awhile. The more aggressive tone does work well in some places, but more variety would have been nice. As far as the lyrics go, Eminem uses a lot of wordplay, which is often either basic (I guess that's why they call it window-pain) or forced (I'm ready for combat man, get it? Calm Batman?), though there's some little nuggets. His battle rhymes are pretty lacking, and he's in battle rap mode for a lot of the album. Won't Back Down seems like an odd choice for a single despite Pink on the chorus, it seems to be where Em is most in "killing it" mode, like he's trying to beat the drums in a who can get louder contest. His humor is mostly just present in his battle lyrics. The one truly funny moment on the album is when he uses Jay-Z's trademark AUGH out of nowhere on Seduction. Lil' Wayne provides the single rapped feature on the album. His verse is noticeably more focused than a lot of his recent ones, but nothing special.

Eminem sings quite a lot on this album, and the results aren't pretty. Cold Wind Blows and You're Never Over are particularly grating, which is unfortunate seeing as these songs are in the two most important spots, the opener and the closer respectively. His singing is tolerable on Seduction and So Bad, but I think the only time on the album his singing adds anything is on Talkin' to Myself, where he shares the chorus with Kobe. Coincidentally (or not), that's my favorite song on the album. There's a lot of sung hooks on here in general, whether they're sung by Em, some female celebrity or an uncredited singer. There's only two rapped chorus, On Fire, which just sounds lazy, and WTP, which is a little annoying.

The production's pretty average. There's a high spot or two (neither of which are that high), but it mostly ranges from lackluster to decent. Eminem does overpower the beat on most occasions, but the mediocre production is definitely noticeable.

I think this may be more of an album to listen to by just throwing a song or two in a playlist or something. Looking at the tracklist, there's a lot of songs I like, but when I'm actually listening to the album, I just don't find myself enjoying it much. Even on a highlight track like 25 to Life, Em using the same delivery as he is on the rest of the album makes it just blend in and not stand out as much. That said, there doesn't seem to be any major highlights here. There's not that many of them either. I've mentioned 25 to Life and Talkin' to Myself, my two favorites. Love the Way You Lie's also great. After that there's Going Through Changes, which is an all-around solid track but not much more. Other than those four, there's not much I'm all that fond of.

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 11:32 PM | Message # 4

Heads
agree with your review, eminem sings way too much on this album even on Going Through Changes he had to sing on it too nearly ruined the song. Cold As A Cold Wind Blows was awful. The only two songs i'm really gonna listen to from this are Almost Famous and Cinderella Man coz those are the two songs i genuinely like, even though the subject matter in his rhymes for Cinderella Man might not be that good and he refers to something being in someones ass like 5 times on the song i still like it lol "fuck my last CD that shits in the trash i'll be god dammed if another rapper gets in my ass", "hes in your ass he's all up in your ass he's in your ass"

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 11:48 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
"fuck my last CD that shits in the trash i'll be god dammed if another rapper gets in my ass", "hes in your ass he's all up in your ass he's in your ass"

lmao

SnoopG79 Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 7:49 PM | Message # 6

Beatboxers
To my surprise after reading the tracklist (which looked suspect & still does), I actually really liked this album. I thought the production could of been somewhat better but Eminem sounds hungry on this one, which is more than what I can say about his previous two albums. I actually think this is his best album since TES.

Only god can judge me.
Uncharted Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 8:40 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
i agree, the album is very solid, his best since eminem show, it would have been better than that with better production

AruNavi Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 11:28 AM | Message # 8

Emcees
i guess I don't have 2 say anything since everyone knows what I will say lmao

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

NtG Date: Sunday, 01/Aug/10, 9:59 AM | Message # 9

Heads
I just listened to this album constantly for a week on vacation and decided that the songs that i liked were: 25 to Life, Not Afraid, Love The Way You Lie, Space Bound, and maybe Wont Back down.

[deleted]
Treach Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 8:01 AM | Message # 10

OGs
i wasnt even gonna download til i read all your reviews, for a moment i actually had hope that this album would be good...man was i wrong...there was maybe 1 or 2 songs i could even bare to listen to the end...what the FUCK were you all smokin when you heard this album?? i mean damn! he obviously had something he wanted to prove to the fans but this album was even worse than relapse..commercial mainstream wack pop bullshit.
just wanted to get that out there

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Adam Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 11:09 AM | Message # 11

B-Girls
Yeah I agree^

I mean damn I hate the singing choruses and then out of no where eminem just starts screaming in the mic. Sounds like a mad little kid. Also it is so mainstream, all he is doing is screaming very angrily that doesn't make it lyrical or not mainstream.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Eminem - Recovery
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: