6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 6
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 02/Jul/10, 8:25 PM | Message # 1

Heads

The Roots - Dear God 2.0 (subtitulado español) from Versos Perfectos on Vimeo.

listened to about a third of the album so far, still waiting for them to get it in the store i think the fuckin idiots ordered the wrong album, coz i saw Rising Down all on the shelves instead angry wwe

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 5:12 AM | Message # 2

Heads
this is the best album i've heard so far this year, but there are a lot i haven't heard, also this is the first full roots album i've actually listened to :D

i think this is better than distant relatives, esp in beats, there were a lot of guest appearances, actually a guest appearance on every single song but they all added well to the songs. this album is so good i can't wait for the retarded store to get it, i have to buy it online now

my fave songs so far

Right On

beat is fuckin sick

Dear God 2.0 which has been flagged off nearly every website for some reason, but the video above works

this is what sodr listens to every time he jackoff lmao jk

the guy on the chorus killed it, awesome voice

thatonethere Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 10:11 PM | Message # 3

Writers
The music is soft, and relaxed, but there is nothing but truth being spit on the mic. To me, that makes the album seem more like a monumental effort. The beats are sophisticated, classy and complex, and to couple that with heartfelt lyrics about very serious things we all worry about is pure gold, imo. I feel like this album is meant to actually make the listener look deep inside themselves, feel what they are talking about (A Piece of Light, Dear God,Walk Alone), make them dance (How I Got Over,Hustla, Radio Daze, Right on, Web 20), and touch your soul all at the same time. I really liked the fact that the album sounded like something old school. The recording was a bit gritty, almost like somebody was recording the whole thing on wax, in addition to some of the 80s vocals and sounds used in some of the beats, At times, it felt like a mixture between something 80s-ish, jazzy, and 70s motown era all rolled in one.

The only song I didn't really feel was The Day. It annoys me for reasons I can't understand. But other than that, it's a very solid album, and makes me wonder where will they go next.

I can't help but think that them being a band for a late night comedy show might have something to do with their transformation. I mean, they were good before the new gig, but boy have they changed. They have become more fluid with their music. So far, I think it's a good thing. I'm sure this album will get a lot of people interested in their music but turn away some of the OG roots fans. Was the change all in a matter of time? Who knows.

Too many albums, so little time...
AruNavi Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 11:28 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
I thought this was a great album and better than their last effort. unlike you I loved the day. I thought it had a very dope soul vibe and it flowed well. Blu murdered both collabs on here. Phonte came hard as well. Black is Black and I expect nothing less. the beats were great and had a wonderful vibe. I loved radio daze the day how I got over hustla right on, web 20, basically everything he said and the other tracks lls. i can just put the album on repeat and bump so and I couldn't with the last one.

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 10:11 PM | Message # 5

Heads
yeah i loved The Day as well, one of the stand out songs for me

RealestReeken Date: Tuesday, 10/Aug/10, 3:21 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
they stepped it up from the last album

this album is crazy

If You Real Hip Hop We Family

Temple of Hip Hop

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 10/Aug/10, 10:39 AM | Message # 7

Heads
I think I should cop this album. I never really liked The Roots, I'll give 'em one more chance I think.

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Treach Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 8:03 AM | Message # 8

OGs
this album is amazing, i havent heard much from the roots but from what i have heard, this album is definitely the best. not a single song i didnt like and most of the tracks were really really good. been listening to it for days now. great album. the fire is probably my fav from the album. go buy it!

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO

Message edited by Treach - Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 8:07 AM
Adam Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 11:06 AM | Message # 9

B-Girls
Eh... Rising Down better.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » The Roots - How I Got Over
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: