[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Jedi Mind Tricks - "A History of Violence"
Jedi Mind Tricks - "A History of Violence"
What Would U Rate This Album?
1.100-90%[ 1 ][12.50%]
2.89-80%[ 3 ][37.50%]
3.79-70%[ 3 ][37.50%]
4.69-60%[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.59-50%[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.49-40%[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30%[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20%[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10%[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0%[ 1 ][12.50%]
Answers total: 8
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 02/Dec/08, 10:20 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Lyrics: 80%
Flow: 80%
Production: 90%
X-Factor: 70%
Overall: 80%

Ok upon first hearing the news of the new Jedi Mind Tricks album, I was estatic. And hearing that Jus Allah was gonna be reunited on the album made this a definate must have. But my expectations of this album were severely disappointed.

U would think 10 years into the game JMT wouldve learn wat makes a GREAT album learning from Violent By Design and Servents in Heaven, Kings in Hell and u would think its gonna follow along into the next album, but they make no attempt.

Vinnie Paz lets his played-out flow onto every single track and his lyrics even seemed recycled from leftovers from Visions of Ghandi and Legacy of Blood. Thus making his worst performance in ages.

Jus Allah even makes a disappointing comeback. U would think after hearing him spit on JMT masterpiece, Violent By Design, he would have become a savage and make an impressive 2nd debut, but doesnt even break the threshold. He too spits using that same old recycled flow.....and boring vocab he twist into one-word bars....

The only one that seems to havent fell off is Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind. His beats still exude of exotic and creative beats; saving Vinnie's and Jus Allah's asses on every track.

And to top it all off their guest apperances have thinned out limiting their best guest performes to Demoz, Doap Nixon, and Outerspace.

But Overall this is a pretty decent addition for any Underground Hip Hop fan who goes Gah Gah for JMT.

This isnt a bad album its a solid album..but theres ALOT of mixed emotions of Jus Allah's return. Vinnie doesnt know whether to rap about his anger, confusion, or to celebrate. So Vinnie gets caught up into the hype of Jus Allah's arrival and loses focus of the album's concept which I think it shouldve been executed more properly (If there was even supposed to be a concept).

Sick With It
Kiba Date: Wednesday, 03/Dec/08, 5:46 AM | Message # 2

Emcees
I was also anticipating this album for a long time and I'm pretty much dissapointed. I was so excited knowing that jus allah was gonna be back in the group and I think anyone else who's a huge fan was also. To my surprise Jus was wack on this. His rhyming is not clever at all, doesnt really have a flow, and his rhyme schemes are horrible. The Vinnie Jus combo is nothing like it was on violent by design which was a huge let down. Other than that Vinnie is good, nothing too special and nothing really original. Stoupes production is amazing once again. I was also surprised not hearing any Sean P as a guest appearance....

Lyrics: 75%
Flow: 75%
Production: 95%
X-Factor: 60%
Overall: 70%

i also heard a rumor that this might be jedi mind tricks final album 'cause vinnie wants to concentrate more on his "jedi mind tricks presents" squad..i hope thats not true..

if you dont want to buy this album you should at least check out "Deathbed Doctrine", "Trail Of Lies, and "Death Messiah"

Enjoy

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 03/Dec/08, 8:49 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Kiba)
I was also anticipating this album for a long time and I'm pretty much dissapointed. I was so excited knowing that jus allah was gonna be back in the group and I think anyone else who's a huge fan was also. To my surprise Jus was wack on this. His rhyming is not clever at all, doesnt really have a flow, and his rhyme schemes are horrible. The Vinnie Jus combo is nothing like it was on violent by design which was a huge let down. Other than that Vinnie is good, nothing too special and nothing really original. Stoupes production is amazing once again. I was also surprised not hearing any Sean P as a guest appearance....

Yea I was disppointed by Jus Allah too. He was WAAAAAAY better on Violent By Design.

Quote (Kiba)
i also heard a rumor that this might be jedi mind tricks final album 'cause vinnie wants to concentrate more on his "jedi mind tricks presents" squad..i hope thats not true..

I doubt it'll be their last album but they wont make one in a few years

Sick With It
eboyd_ Date: Wednesday, 03/Dec/08, 11:58 AM | Message # 4

Removed
Yeah, both of you guys gave the reviews I would have given. I agree with how Meth rated it completely. Every rating is on point. Nuff said.
Kiba Date: Wednesday, 03/Dec/08, 8:35 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
wow somone gave a 100-90% lol

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Yea I was disppointed by Jus Allah too. He was WAAAAAAY better on Violent By Design.

Jus was so shit he was trying to sound like vinnie and it didnt work

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Menace Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 6:13 PM | Message # 6

Heads
so whats wrong whit Killa Bees or Sunz oF MAn ?? LOL dude who gives a shit about his act he raps good thats enough for me

Menace Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 10:03 PM | Message # 7

Heads
i feel u on that but here it was most def not the case Tupac as Mumia Abu Jamal said he was a descendant of the revolution and he could brought some solutions but its hard to resist under pressure plus u say solutions but people are pretty ignorant to hear the solutions now days they rather see the problem and think it will go away thats an example of why people like Paris , Immortal Technique and The Coup are very underrated and when i said here i mean JMT and the Killa Bees

Menace Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 10:19 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
I used to bump Paris' joints. He was dope back when I was younger. Can't really relate to him much now. The kill whitey stuff is kinda played out now and I ain't an angry youth no more. I felt him back back in the day. I bumped his stuff along with the early Cube LPs and Da Lench Mob and Ren's 'shock of the hour' joint too. I just can't relate to it anymore is all. Im a father and on some grown man biz now and things are just different.

well i don't of how much of kill whitey ideology he was but he is a black nationalist so i dont mind black nationalism in my music plus we stands as he said for a united left wing so in a way his political orientation makes me support him more then his actual rhymes and by the way check his new album Acid Reflex the album is the BOMB i loved it i mean he is back on them funky beats whit political rhyme schemes check his single from the album Don't Stop The Movement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJqzEVKwoU

Menace Date: Sunday, 11/Jan/09, 10:37 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
He has new joints huh? Yeah I'll def peep it out man. Good lookin out.

ohh he never left i mean Sonic Jihad in my opinion is a classic and Rebirth of a Nation whit Public Enemy was a banger too so he never left

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Jedi Mind Tricks - "A History of Violence"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: