[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep (my newest obsession!)
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
What would you rate this album?
1.100-90[ 2 ][50.00%]
2.89-80[ 1 ][25.00%]
3.79-70[ 1 ][25.00%]
4.69-60[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.59-50[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 4
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 16/Aug/11, 3:19 PM | Message # 1

Heads
ok, so i bought this album the other day, threw it in my cd player in the car, and have been obsessed ever since. like, i seriously want to call this album one of my top 5 favorites of all time at this point lol. the energy on this album gave me a whole new perspective on my own personal artistry, especially the delivery used by the Grym Reaper aka Too Poetic (RIP). and not to mention this album contains what is quite possibly my favorite verse in the history of hip hop (Scientific Shabazz, aka Shabazz the Disciple's verse on "Diary of a Madman").

the album, originally set to be titled "Niggamortis" but due to label pressure they changed it to it's current title, features a young RZA shortly after the release of 36 Chambers, some of the most hardcore production from the likes of Prince Paul (on here known as The Undertaker, who is more known for his early work with Stetsasonic and his later work with De La Soul and many others), and the very first appearances from rappers Frukwan (known on this album as the Gatekeeper) and Too Poetic (the Grym Reaper). if you listen closely to the production on this album you will notice that, while Prince Paul is definitely trying to be much more dark and hardcore, you can still hear the jazzy influence of his production... and it works really well, especially the way it is contrasted by these emcees who are three of the most hardcore emcees i've personally ever heard. for example, on the track "Bang Your Head" Prince Paul laces a beat that sounds almost like heavy metal, but he throws in random saxophone riffs, and somehow they actually sound right!

The Grym Reaper definitely chimes in here and adds some ill vocals to take this project to another level. opening the album with what seems to become his signature utterance of "BEWARE!", the Reaper hits with solid verses throughout the project. but he doesn't necessarily outshine the Rzarector (he is thus referred throughout the album) or The Gatekeeper as all three deliver stellar performances throughout.

and lastly, the features on this album come at just the right time. features from Shabazz the Disciple and Killah Priest, among others, prove with they are some of the most dominant Wu affiliates to date. both actually make their industry debuts on "Diary of a Madman" and outshine all other verses on that track. they both appear again on "Graveyard Chamber" and, while i don't care much for the beat, both emcees still show their hunger and provide the best verses.

i'll call this album 96% real.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 16/Aug/11, 3:31 PM | Message # 2

Heads
I listened to this album a couple years back and I thought it was alright. I gotta listen to it again to see if my opinion on it has changed over the years. However, I do think that Diary of a Madmen is a legendary track. I listen to it whenever I work on my darker stories.

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 16/Aug/11, 9:18 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Finally you're listening to some good music. I've been obsessed with Too Poetic's music a year ago. His previous record got rejected by the label and he became homeless for some time. That made him go visit the darkest corners of the man's soul to discover his new style. He was heavily inspired by ODB but instead of copying him (like that wack sucker 60 Sec Assassin) he borrowed a part from his style and add some of his own ideas. Poetic's lyrics were never happy on his songs. He was INSANE on "6 Feet Deep" and sad and conscious on "The Pick, the Sickle and the Shovel". 6 Feet Deep gets max. from me. This was UNIQUE and really started all the horrorcore shit. "Diary Of A Madman" also shows how wide-ranged RZA was. He did the instrumental for that track and it sounds NOTHING like his style from the '90s (it was fucking 1994!).

Too Poetic from '80s, the label released his single and then told him and his two DJ's to get the fuck out because they're average and not unique

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 17/Aug/11, 6:35 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
and not to mention this album contains what is quite possibly my favorite verse in the history of hip hop (Scientific Shabazz, aka Shabazz the Disciple's verse on "Diary of a Madman").

his verse is a lot like your style

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Bape Date: Wednesday, 17/Aug/11, 6:02 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
We need to review Death Grips!! NOW!!

Ratmn Date: Wednesday, 17/Aug/11, 8:54 PM | Message # 6

DJs
Quote (Bape)
We need to review Death Grips!! NOW!!

I can do it, and pretty fast.

SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING SHIT!

Done.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
eboyd Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 12:47 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Ratmn)
I can do it, and pretty fast.

SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING SHIT!

Done.

^^^

Quote (EmSeeD)
his verse is a lot like your style

yeah, true. it's very similar to me when i'm on my hardcore shit.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 1:03 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yeah, true. it's very similar to me when i'm on my hardcore shit.

It's not similar to your hardcore shit. Your hardcore shit is similar to this :D

Quote (Bape)
Death Grips

Hahahahaha what the fuck is that shit? That dude sounds like someone has opened an umbrella up his ass

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 1:19 PM | Message # 9

Heads
lol ok fine. just saying tho haha

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 2:56 PM | Message # 10

Heads
LOL...You just gonna let him call you soft, E??

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 3:10 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
lol ok fine. just saying tho haha

:D

Quote (Lord_Meth)
LOL...You just gonna let him call you soft, E??

I'm gonna call you 'soft' too and you won't do shit about it like the church during the holocaust (obnoxious nigguh! :D ). Meth you're

btw what's your opinion on Death Grips? LMAO!

Adam Date: Thursday, 18/Aug/11, 8:07 PM | Message # 12

B-Girls
wow erik your avatar looks kinda like the video effects on that death grips video... I guess you were right about it being a filter on that phone.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Ragnar Date: Friday, 19/Aug/11, 8:07 AM | Message # 13

Watchers
That's weird, I was just playing the album, and first thing I see here is this thread. :O

I love the album. I'm not playing it in my car anymore, because I'm afraid to. Last time I did, I fucked up a wheel by ramming the side of the sidewalk in a roundabout.

I'd rate it 100-90
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 19/Aug/11, 10:21 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
btw what's your opinion on Death Grips? LMAO!

....This is why niggas shouldn't listen to Heavy Metal....

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep (my newest obsession!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: