[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » LLyRiC - LeftCoast (first impression)
LLyRiC - LeftCoast (first impression)
Ratmn Date: Tuesday, 30/Aug/11, 1:29 AM | Message # 1

DJs
SO, i downloaded the newest mixtape by LLyRiC.
I'll break it down track by track:

1. O.G Days: For me, this brought me back to my days when i started listening to hip hop. The whole g-funk feeling, and plus the lyrical content in this track is pretty solid. A back on the days track, with a back on the days beat. One of my personal favorite songs 8/10

2. Are You Down: This one took me back EVEN MORE. The beat reminded me of some Pac shit. LLyRiC though, on this song is well, predictable. Not much of an original song, but, never-less, a good one. 7.5/10

3. Kings Of Leon Freestyle: One thing, and one thing only. Drake. He sounded TOO much like him. Almost like it was a parody. Overall, one of the weakest tracks on the whole thing. 5/10

4. Haters: Another weak track, lyric wise (no pun intended). Typical track about haters and shit. Plus, he repeats homie so much on the first verse. The beat is good, but he could have done WAY better on that track Though, the hook save it. 5/10

5. The Leftcoast: Westcoast shit right here, son. Starts as a bragging track, but then he switch it up to a track repping the big W. Overall, it's a good track. Way better than 3, and 4. One of the best hooks are in this track. Kinda falls out at the last verse, still good though. 7/10

6. Fat Raps Freestyle: I already heard the original track, and loved it. Basically, an actual freestyle, to a dope track. What i can say more? 6/10

7. Thank You Pt. II: Even though he jumped on a Kanye joint that everybody has jumped in, he managed to flip it the right way, thanking the people that helped him on the bad times, mostly his sister. It's one of the strongest tracks here, since you can feel that he truly appreciate her. 8.5/10

8. Biggest Fan: A love song. What there is more to say? Though, the lyrics on here, are pretty good, sadly thru the second verse the song falls into corny land.. 6/10

9. Who Do You Believe In?: A tribute song, with some great storytelling, and a good beat. One of the best tracks in this tape, and the reason why i was exited for the tape. 9/10

10. Rule The World: To be serious with myself, i hated the beat on this thing. This is by far the worst song on the whole tape. CORNY AS FUCK. I was seriously expecting Drake to sing the hook with autotune. Overall, the weakest song. 2/10

11. Sellout: I seriously ROFL'd at the fact that a song named "Sellout" was next to the most commercial song on the tape. Then i heard it, and he shut me up. Shit is mad serious, dawg. 8/10

12. For My People: I don't know what to think about this. It's like 2pacalypse 2pac-ish track. So, i'll go with what i feel, and give this a 7.5/10. What? I told ya, i dont know mayne.

13. Show Me Love: A lyric explosion (pun recognized, not intended). Sounded like Drake, but a good Drake. 7/10

14. I'm A G: DAT BEAT WAS DA SHIT. The song, it's kinda of that smooth, gangsta shit, reminder of ol school UGK. Needs more PIMPIN though. What i must say? I liked this one. 8/10

15. What I Do? Pt. II: Kinda like a Wiz joint, without the weed, meaning, it's good. Also, kinda of a battle rap. The hook is great, and by far, the best on the whole thing. Solid enough track to stand on his own. 7.5/10

16. Grind On: Exactly what you expected, a song about WORKING HARD SON! Pretty good lyrical content on this one. 8.5/10

17. Outro: I loved this track. He seems truly happy to finally releasing his mixtape, and his emotions are true. 10/10 Even though he don't rhyme, it's really emotional, and real.

Overall, I'll give it a strong 7 out of 10. It has his fallouts, but it is still a solid couple of joints, and it's most def a recommend it for you.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
LLyRiC Date: Tuesday, 30/Aug/11, 5:23 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
thank you bro, i appreciate it. i like this review, and yea i hated the beat for rule the world too bro haha but my sis liked the song alot so i just kept it. For My People is my favorite track man, 10/10 in my opinion ;) haha.
thanks again though bro

L.L.y.R.i.C.

L.et L.oose Y.our R.eal I.nner C.reativity

spreading the word through my music
that real true hip hop that i love

Ratmn Date: Tuesday, 30/Aug/11, 5:30 PM | Message # 3

DJs
Quote (LLyRiC)
thank you bro, i appreciate it. i like this review, and yea i hated the beat for rule the world too bro haha but my sis liked the song alot so i just kept it. For My People is my favorite track man, 10/10 in my opinion haha. thanks again though bro

No problem. I was gonna start doing this anyways, so, you know, it felt right to start with your mixtape.
I'll do Erik's album next, IF HE EVER RELEASES THAT!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
LLyRiC Date: Wednesday, 31/Aug/11, 2:40 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
what you think of the niggas in paris freestyle bro?

L.L.y.R.i.C.

L.et L.oose Y.our R.eal I.nner C.reativity

spreading the word through my music
that real true hip hop that i love

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » LLyRiC - LeftCoast (first impression)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: