[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » IsaiahThe3rd - Death Of The 3rd (First Thoughts) (faw reals, i literally write this while i listen.)
IsaiahThe3rd - Death Of The 3rd (First Thoughts)
Ratmn Date: Tuesday, 20/Dec/11, 2:27 AM | Message # 1

DJs
YEAH SON! I'm back on my reviewing game!

I'll be knocking one of this at least once a week, ONLY CAUSE IM BORED!

Now, let's get on with it.

I saw this album just laying around in a certain page of free hip hop (coughcoughdontaskmeaboutitpleasecoughcough), and the cleaness of the cover art, the track list, and the fact that the guy was wearing the Air Jordan III (get it, 3, 3rd :3) seemed good enough for at least a listen. I must say, I haven't heard shit from this dude, besides a track in 2dopeboyz (YEAH I GO IN THAT PAGE SO WHAT!).

Anyways, I waited for it. And then I started listening. Couple first tracks where good enough (Death Of The 3rd, Thief Of The Century), the guy had some nice methaphors on track one, the beat was banging in both tracks, though, he was kinda weak on track 2. Still was kinda nice though.

Comes track 3, "What's Next". A song about his hood, and how fucked up it is. Overused topic, but he managed to portray it correctly. Plus, it went pretty good with the flow of the song. The feature on that track almost killed him, but, only talked about a girl with 4 kids, broke, and with another kid coming. Good topic, doesn't really goes with what Isaiah was saying

Track 4, "All The King's Men". Me, being the HUGH nitpicker I'm when it refers to beats, I must say, the producer should have used another snare. Isaiah is pretty good on his first verse, talks some real stuff, flow is good, delivery is good as well. Soupa, the feature of this track, was decent, almost good, then he got better by the end of it. Overall, a good track, besides that fucking snare/whateverthefuckisthat

Track 5, "Adventures Of The Dead Man" had the same issue with the beat, but now, with the fucking STAAAAAAAAARS sound. That shit makes my head hurt. Plus, the track itself is weak. The first verse is about weed. Second verse, is about the same shit, but with shrooms and sizzurp. OH! A SONG ABOUT WEED! So original.

Track 6, "Lonely" beat wise, didn't really had anything that made me rage, or dislike it. Besides some issues with volume control, but that's more of a mixing thing. A love song. I can relate to the topic, though. The feature is all over the place. He only screams, and doesn't really flow to the track. Can't say I hated the song. Was better than the last one.

Track 7, "Fueled Up" From 1 to 7, this is the hardest song here. You can feel this dude struggle. The beat only helps to the whole track. He goes from how he's broke as fuck, how emceeing is his only thing left, how unlucky he was at love. Overall, I love this shit. Plus, Kat at the end. Oh, yeah.

Track 8, "Gray Area, Part II"(part 1 was on his mixtape), Good beat. Started as brag rap, went on to the same vain as "Fueled Up" nearby the end. Isaiah's verse was good, not great, but good. HOWEVER, the feature, Noah Bility, he kills the track. Methaphors, lyrical shit. Good song overall, nothing bad to say about this one.

Track 9, "Nothing Last Forever (Revisted)", the beat is all over the place. And when I say all over the place, I MEAN IT. The song itself is decent. Can't say is bad, can't say it's great either. A love song. A little bit stronger than "Lonely"

Track 10, "Theme Music To Drive By". At first, I thought it was going to be some thug shit, but, it was another love song/brag rap track. Strangely enough, I can't hate it. I don't know why, I think it's how he flows thru the track, it actually makes you feel like it. Oh, also, it's the last song.

Track 11 (actually, this was track 6, but my track list was fucked up), "Man Of Steel" UGH THE FUCKING STARS. PRODUCERS. Y U NO STOP USING THAT. Fuck it, I'm not reviewing this track.

Anyways, since I don't like putting numbers on reviews, I can say you this, give it a download. Of course, listen it first fully, and download the tracks you like. I enjoyed listening to this mixtape/free album. It was a light, crusing album. And really, nothing else came this season that was kinda decent. Yeezy's album was MEH.

Go hear to download/listen.

PS: If you want me to review something, send me a PM, and I'll get back to you. (meh, nobody cares about my opinion anyways)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Message edited by Ratmn - Tuesday, 20/Dec/11, 2:33 AM
Greeny Date: Tuesday, 20/Dec/11, 4:54 AM | Message # 2

OGs
Sounds interesting. No idea what you mean by "star sound".
Don't think I know Yeezy, but it rings my wack alarm...
About to listen to the album. Imma review your review. :]

:)
Ratmn Date: Tuesday, 20/Dec/11, 1:04 PM | Message # 3

DJs
Quote (Greeny)
Sounds interesting. No idea what you mean by "star sound".
Don't think I know Yeezy, but it rings my wack alarm...
About to listen to the album. Imma review your review. :]

See? This is what I was just looking for. Other opinions, and people actually being active on the forum.

Fuck it, I'll do one in my birthday.

Greeny Date: Wednesday, 21/Dec/11, 5:14 AM | Message # 4

OGs
When's your birthday?
The album is quite good. Didn't like how first beat was choppy like that. They were all a bit like that, but first was too much...
The snare on 4th track really is bad, doesn't at all go with the kick or hi or the song in general... Sounds like a sneezing turtle or some shit.
And I see what you mean now about the "star sound". It's them little brass tubes that you stroke. They don't bother me.
Overall.. I like his voice a lot, it's high pitched and he's got a little lisp. But I hate his choruses. Beats were generally good I'd say, but you have the opportunity to nitpick indeed. Didn't like the Lonely beat; the way he chopped the vocals annoyed me.
I love it when people sample comedy's, especially stand up stuff.
The bonus track beat was hard, you didn't have that in there...

I give your review 7/10 :]

Someone review my review of his review now.

Treach Date: Wednesday, 21/Dec/11, 8:03 AM | Message # 5

OGs
why the fuck are the tracks choppy like that? man i cant stand that!

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Ratmn Date: Wednesday, 21/Dec/11, 5:25 PM | Message # 6

DJs
Quote (Greeny)
When's your birthday?

Today :33

Also, personally, I didn't have any problem with a chopped up beat. Maybe is because I'm a producer. Or maybe cause i just love 9th and 9th used to do that a lot.

Treach Date: Wednesday, 21/Dec/11, 7:15 PM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Ratmn)
Today :33

surprised happy birthday man!!

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Greeny Date: Thursday, 22/Dec/11, 4:34 AM | Message # 8

OGs
Quote (Ratmn)
Also, personally, I didn't have any problem with a chopped up beat. Maybe is because I'm a producer. Or maybe cause i just love 9th and 9th used to do that a lot.

There was something about the choppy sound that I didn't like... Maybe I just like it better when it's done with modesty, I can't really put a finger on it. Might be something subliminal subjective stuff like I had with Mos Def at first.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » IsaiahThe3rd - Death Of The 3rd (First Thoughts) (faw reals, i literally write this while i listen.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: