Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » New Blog: Iraq War
New Blog: Iraq War
Menace Date: Saturday, 22/Nov/08, 1:53 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
o let's do this. the blog needs to be persuasive and it needs to be about something unique. something no one else has touched on before. and we need to finish it quick. it needs to be done BEFORE DEC. 4. i will be writing it so that part is on me, but we need to brainstorm for ideas and do the research as a team and do it fast.

so let's start brainstorming:

ideas such as "this war is for oil", "the U.S. president had it in his best interest to fight this war", and "the Al Qaeda weren't there until we invaded" have already been done. what kind of ideas can we take? can we cross reference this war to other countries/wars? can we show, from an economic standpoint, how this war is crippling our economy (which may have also been done before anyways)? what ideas do you guys have? I-Guy? Menace? Nate? Sodr? anyone?

ive sent u my previous blog on the iraq war check your inbox tell me what u like from there and we must highlight the UN laws that the invasion broke and we must highlight the 9-11 attacks and how they were used in invading Iraq we must highlight the connection between Saddam and the US government and how the connection was broken that ultimately lead to the first war in the gulf and then the full invasion

eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 22/Nov/08, 2:11 PM | Message # 17

Removed
that's all dandy, but before we begin gathering info we need to pick a subject.

let's fulfill this list before we move on:

SPECIFIC Topic: (something more detailed than "The Iraq War")

Purpose: we will persuade our readers to...

Thesis Statement: (main/final sentence in the introductory paragraph)

eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 23/Nov/08, 4:13 AM | Message # 18

Removed
bump (on a log)
eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 3:33 PM | Message # 19

Removed
OK, we need to get this done. Please help me here. I need someone to research a few things:

-find HARD EVIDENCE that shows that starting a war in Iraq has only diverted our attention from Afghanistan
-find REFUTABLE evidence that justifies us being in Iraq
-find evidence to refute the aforementioned evidence

Find as much evidence as possible

I need all info in MLA form

Please try to avoid sources that are not publications.

Once the research is done I will write it and I need someone to help me edit it.

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 3:34 PM | Message # 20

Removed
Oh, and then I need to get someone else to find images that illustrate differenÞ parts of the blog.
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 3:42 PM | Message # 21

Heads
we dont need to mention Afghanistan cause Afghanistan is already a dirty mess of so called american reply and freedom bringers i will try to research but i think i will make my own blog in these past weeks called Want To Stop Terrorism ?? Start Whit Imperialism biggrin

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 3:55 PM | Message # 22

Removed
OK, but we need to finish this blog by Dec. 4. Remember, I said before, this blog is doubling as my speech. It is important that I get this done and by doing it here it can serve more than one purpose. Help me brainstorm then Menace. Give me some ideas for what the subject can be. I can't think of anything more original. My point with Afghanistan is that Al Qaeda were only in Afghanistan before the war. When we entered Iraq the Al Qaeda followed. If we would have focussed on Afghanistan instead as it was the Al Qaeda who were said to have attacked us (although I think that it is really just a conspiracy), then we would have squashed it then. We could give evidence that it was in Bush's interest to have a war in Iraq too and show that the 9/11 attacks were in his administration's best interest too. Help me out here bro.
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 4:51 PM | Message # 23

Heads
i will try these past weeks my head seem to explode i am studying to become a union leader and i am so full of politics history discussions about wars outcomes man i need a break i need to go cop me a holiday somewhere cause i need to lay off and relax my head hurts so bad but i promise you in 2 days i will try to bring some stuff and then i need to lay off alco biggrin

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 6:10 PM | Message # 24

Removed
Cool. Thx man.
Deadly-Sin Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:10 AM | Message # 25

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
Oh, and then I need to get someone else to find images that illustrate differenÞ parts of the blog.

:p: hell yeah i got that covered
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:12 AM | Message # 26

Removed
lol! OK. wait for me to write it first. i need at least 2 images. they need to go with the blog/speech.
eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 30/Nov/08, 1:36 AM | Message # 27

Removed
alright Menace, it's been 2 days. you gonna help me out or not?
eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 30/Nov/08, 6:44 PM | Message # 28

Removed
alright, here's the format it must be in:

Topic: Iraq War

Purpose: i will persuade my audience/readers that (?)

Thesis: (the thesis is the main and last sentence of the introductory paragraph)

I. Introduction: (consists of your attention getter, topic introduction, relating the topic to the audience, establishing credibility, in other words let people know why you are qualified to have an opinion about this subject, and stated thesis, in that exact order)

II. Body of speech/blog

A. State the problem:
1. Sub Point 1
2. Sub Point 2

B. State a solution:
1. Sub Point 1
2. Sub Point 2

C. State another solution:
1. Sub Point 1
2. Sub Point 2

D. Visualize the benefits of solutions:
1. Sub Point 1 (benefits of solutions)
2. Sub Point 2 (drawbacks of not applying solutions)

III. Conclusion (includes ending statement, call to action, thank audience/readers)

so if anyone can help me plug things in that would be greatly appreciated.

eboyd_ Date: Sunday, 30/Nov/08, 10:23 PM | Message # 29

Removed
check on the page before this one. it is important.
eboyd_ Date: Thursday, 04/Dec/08, 6:30 PM | Message # 30

Removed
OK, it's crunch time. i need some help here. here's what i have so far:

Topic: Iraq War

Purpose: persuade my audience/readers that the war in Iraq was completely materialized by the U.S.

Thesis (speech version): Today I will persuade my audience that the war in Iraq is only beneficial to government and corporate interests and that we entered the war because of lies these agencies put forth as truth.

Thesis (blog version): After much research I have found that the war in Iraq is only beneficial to government and corporate interests and that we entered the war because of lies these agencies put forth as truth.

I. Introduction: In 1959 the U.S. Government funded efforts to assassinate a foreign ruler. His name was Qassim. These efforts were unsuccessful, but in a coup a few years later Qassim was overthrown. the party that took over, the Baath Party, was fully funded by the U.S., giving the U.S. govermment the ability to put in power their own leader. The country was Iraq. The man chosen by the U.S. was Saddam Hussein. Over the last several months I have been studying politics extensively and the Iraq War has been a topic for which I have been particularly fond. It is a topic that has sparked the interests of many Americans and even people clear across the globe.

II. Body of speech/blog

A. State the problem:
1. Iraqgate
2. Oil for Food Program

^^^sources needed for Iraqgate/Oil for Food. i need publication sources.

i also still need to following:

B. State a solution:
1. Sub Point 1
2. Sub Point 2

C. State another solution:
1. Sub Point 1
2. Sub Point 2

D. Visualize the benefits of solutions:
1. Sub Point 1 (benefits of solutions)
2. Sub Point 2 (drawbacks of not applying solutions)

III. Conclusion (includes ending statement, call to action, thank audience/readers)

Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » New Blog: Iraq War
Search: