[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, eboyd, El_Matador  
Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » I need help for a short story idea (writers block)
I need help for a short story idea
LoveThatHipHop Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 6:38 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I love writing, but I'm lost on story ideas. Any suggestions?

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.
NtG Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 6:51 PM | Message # 2

Heads
i bum almost makes his way to a fortune, but makes a dumb mistake and goes back to being a bum

[deleted]
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 7:12 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (NtG)
bum almost makes his way to a fortune, but makes a dumb mistake and goes back to being a bum

that reminds me of a test oprah did a long time ago where she gave a homeless guy a bundle of money..i cant remember the whole thing but anyway he spent the money, gave some of it away and went right back to being homeless living in the streets. its how he preferred it and its what he was use to for many years..

Menace Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 7:17 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita41)
that reminds me of a test oprah

oprah biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 7:26 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Menace)
oprah

why u laughing at me? fuck lol i watch oprah..well its been along time, about a year i dont watch her show lol angry2 devil crazy

Menace Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 7:28 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita41)
why u laughing at me? fuck lol i watch oprah..well its been along time, about a year i dont watch her show lol

lol my uncle watches Oprah too biggrin biggrin

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 7:44 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Menace)
lol my uncle watches Oprah too

lmao stop it, we are messing up this thread lol lol ur making me laugh so much lol haha

LoveThatHipHop Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 8:13 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
LMFAO, nice biggrin

prozac26 Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 10:08 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
Quote (NtG)
i bum almost makes his way to a fortune, but makes a dumb mistake and goes back to being a bum

Actually, there was a guy (no joke) who won the lottery (couple millions), and became homeless within couple of months.

Nalin' Palin

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 0:04 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Wow, what an idiot. Obviously very dumb and materialistic. Btw, I'll actually help you LTHH. In creative writing my teacher would always leave us with open ended stories to make that were very abstract. Try taking this idea and running with it:

A man is upset and walking nowhere. Don't reveal what happened before he began walking, just heavily describe what he does, thinks, says, etc. while on this aimless journey.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 3:00 AM | Message # 11

Heads
You can also concentrate your frustrations, theories, or passions into the story. Is there anything you think about alot? Or anything that pisses you off? Try to write about what don't talk about. Try to plug in what you think about things in life as you go.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 3:01 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Wow, what an idiot. Obviously very dumb and materialistic. Btw, I'll actually help you LTHH. In creative writing my teacher would always leave us with open ended stories to make that were very abstract. Try taking this idea and running with it:

A man is upset and walking nowhere. Don't reveal what happened before he began walking, just heavily describe what he does, thinks, says, etc. while on this aimless journey.

Quote (eboyd)
You can also concentrate your frustrations, theories, or passions into the story. Is there anything you think about alot? Or anything that pisses you off? Try to write about what don't talk about. Try to plug in what you think about things in life as you go.

you can actually apply both of these and it will probably account for a good story.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

LoveThatHipHop Date: Wednesday, 21/Jan/09, 10:42 AM | Message # 13

Emcees
thanks guys for the advice. i'll start writing and see where the story goes.

Forum » Off-Topic » Creative Writing » I need help for a short story idea (writers block)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: