[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Funkmaster Flex Arrested For Assaulting/Threatening A Woman
Funkmaster Flex Arrested For Assaulting/Threatening A Woman
abanks47 Date: Friday, 04/Feb/11, 10:12 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Funkmaster Flex Arrested For Assaulting & Threatening A Woman
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index....a-woman

One of Rap's most famous deejays was arrested at his home this morning, before being released on bail.

Hot 97's legendary deejay and evening radio host Funkmaster Flex has been arrested, reports TMZ.com. The Hip Hop personality, and former Loud/RCA Records artist was reportedly taken in from his home by Westchester, New York police officers after a 40-year-old woman alleges that he shoved her, attempted to break her cell phone and threatened bodily harm.

Funkmaster Flex has been released on $500 bail, and is awaiting a court date.

Flex acknowledged the incident by posting his mugshots on his blog—InFlexWeTrust. After the tongue-in-cheek tweet stating, “Man I never thought I would be posting this…” Flex posted a similar message stating he was “arrested for allegedly breaking a woman’s phone & having a suspended license.”

MUG: http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2011....nk-flex

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Greeny Date: Friday, 04/Feb/11, 10:35 PM | Message # 2

OGs
What upset him to do so though?

:)
abanks47 Date: Friday, 04/Feb/11, 10:36 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
prolly wouldn't let him play nintendo when it was is turn.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Greeny Date: Friday, 04/Feb/11, 11:20 PM | Message # 4

OGs
I'm not sure if it's right to take her side then. Women are always overly protected, and I'm sick of it. Bet she's a bitch, but don't wanna assume too much.

abanks47 Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 1:46 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
i dono, most cases i wouldnt but flex has been known to act like a bitch and has gotten into it for hittin ladies before as well

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 5:06 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
this kind of shit pisses me off...

TBH hiphop is already perceived as being degrading to women and this doesn't help at all..
i don't know much about flex, but that doesn't matter.. it doesn't matter if it was a fake-ass bitch (like Soulja Boy) or some real underground emcee (like Doom or some shit).. the media is going to jump on it and say "hiphop artist ----- hit a woman." and then it's going to fuck with the way people look at hiphop, and drive away potential listeners, and just make it seem like hiphop is about something it isn't.

shit really pisses me off, cause i used to HATE hiphop, and i know how people that don't know shit about it are going to take this.

"Hmpf, another one of those wanna be pimp black guys, beating his woman!" or "this is what happens when white people try to act like gangbangers.."
fucking idiots, on every side.. the haters, the media, the accused... all idiots. really really pisses me off.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 7:41 AM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Greeny)
I'm not sure if it's right to take her side then. Women are always overly protected, and I'm sick of it. Bet she's a bitch, but don't wanna assume too much.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Greeny Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 11:48 AM | Message # 8

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
the haters, the media, the accused... all idiots.

Well, you're taking her side. I'm leaning towards his side. I'm not sure if it was right or not to shove the lady and threaten to break her celly, all I know is that it's made into a big thing because she's a lady, and they have to be treated like queens (equality check), and I know he dissed 2pac long after he died, but I think he made a good point when he tried to justify it (although it's not alright to kick them while they're down 6 feet)

Until we know more, I don't think we should point fingers.

abanks47 Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 12:01 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
no ones taking his side so yall 2 chill.

all i said was he had a history thats it. throughout the article it states "reports" and "alleges" which is supposed to be the stance of a news article, unbiased.

also flex is a washed up dj from new york. no one but hip hop heads will care about this and i would be stunned if this would do anything to the name of hip hop

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 05/Feb/11, 3:33 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
well i mean i could see it on bill o'reilly's "pinheads and patriots" segment... which would just make his viewers more racist and hateful than they already are.

BTW yes I watch bill o'reilly. "Know your enemy"

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Funkmaster Flex Arrested For Assaulting/Threatening A Woman
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: