Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Aesop Rock
Aesop Rock
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 8:09 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Ok Im not familar with their work so can anyone give me some albums or watever from this group cuz Ive heard some good things and bad things about them

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 8:18 PM | Message # 2

Watchers
Lol! Aes Rock ain't a group, he's an emcee lol but yeah, he's dope. Real abstract and deep with the WEIRDEST flow EVER and this extremely nasal voice, but if you can get into it, shit's dope. Check the tracks "Basic Cable" and "No Regrets" for some less abstract but really well written shit and check the albums "Labor Days" and "None Shall Pass." Oh, and if you like Dan The Automator, El-P, and Blockhead, production-wise, you will LOVE Aes's music. Also check the track "None Shall Pass." Real unique, but a definite classic.
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 8:20 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Watcher)
Lol! Aes Rock ain't a group, he's an emcee but yeah, he's dope. Real abstract and deep with the WEIRDEST flow EVER and this extremely nasal voice, but if you can get into it, shit's dope. Check the tracks "Basic Cable" and "No Regrets" for some less abstract but really well written shit and check the albums "Labor Days" and "None Shall Pass." Oh, and if you like Dan The Automator, El-P, and Blockhead, production-wise, you will LOVE Aes's music. Also check the track "None Shall Pass." Real unique, but a definite classic.

ok dawg Ill be sure to check those out

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Saturday, 14/Feb/09, 8:27 PM | Message # 4

Watchers
Basic Cable

No Regrets

None Shall Pass

Acekat00o Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 4:26 AM | Message # 5

Heads
be sure to check NY Electric ,great song , and check his album Bazooka Tooth

Graffiti
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 11:44 AM | Message # 6

Rappers
I first heard him on a samsung website, I was looking for a MP3 player and "none shall pass" started playing and I had to check more of his music out. He's got a weird flow, you have to get used to him.

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Watcher Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:09 PM | Message # 7

Watchers
Meth, check the videos I posted
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:21 PM | Message # 8

Heads
His flow makes his lyrics sound like they dont make any sense

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:31 PM | Message # 9

Watchers
It's quite possible a lot of his lyrics (just as every MC) truly don't make sense. Trust me on this though, don't give up on him first listen. I had to listen like 10 times to Labor Days to get the full effect and it was well worth. I used to think he sucked too. I'm actually listening to him now btw.
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:33 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Watcher)
It's quite possible a lot of his lyrics (just as every MC) truly don't make sense. Trust me on this though, don't give up on him first listen. I had to listen like 10 times to Labor Days to get the full effect and it was well worth. I used to think he sucked too. I'm actually listening to him now btw.

I dont think he sucks cuz I aint get a full listen of him yet
but his flow is "wow"

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:41 PM | Message # 11

Watchers
"Wow" as in not good, different, or FUK'N CRAZY! Wow is a bit abstract and doesn't help me understand what you mean.
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (Watcher)
"Wow" as in not good, different, or FUK'N CRAZY! Wow is a bit abstract and doesn't help me understand what you mean.

different thats wat I meant

Sick With It
Watcher Date: Sunday, 15/Feb/09, 4:01 PM | Message # 13

Watchers
Oh ok. Yeah, that and his extremely abstract lyrics (way more than Q-Tip) is what sets him apart from the pack. Oh, and his unconventional choice of beats.
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Aesop Rock
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: