[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Busta Rhymes Deserves More Credit
Busta Rhymes Deserves More Credit
eboyd_ Date: Friday, 02/Jan/09, 7:07 PM | Message # 1

Removed
in my eyes he dropped at least one underrated classic album (Extinction Level Event), his group Leaders Of The New School dropped one of the biggest hits in hip hop history ("Sobb Story"), he's got longevity in the game rivaling the best and he's still relevant both underground and mainstream (though many see him as sold out now, which i can understand but i still like some of his newer stuff. he's one of a kind and he's still staying true to his personality), and he's managed to attract both mainstream and underground fans who almost never agree. he's one of the few artists both me and my sister can enjoy (of course if i showed her his old school stuff she'd hate it). so show some love and give credit where it is due. this man deserves it and never gets it. i don't think i've ever seen him on a top 10 list.
Menace Date: Friday, 02/Jan/09, 7:36 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Halai Lai Lai Halilili Hai Lo! i Li Ba Lai Hey Hi Li Bai Lo! We gettin' Arab money! We gettin' Arab money!

for that song i cant forgive him and he is good but not in my area i mean yeah i bang Woo Ha sometimes but he aint my style when i want crazy i choose ODB

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 02/Jan/09, 7:39 PM | Message # 3

Removed
wow Menace! i thought you were going to complain and ask me why the fuck am i listening to another minstrel biggrin LMAO! nah, but i'm seriously surprised and like you i don't listen to Busta on a daily like i do my favorite artists, but i have Extinction Level Event for a rainy day and no matter what, dude deserves more respect than he gets, even if he's made some BS here or there.
Menace Date: Friday, 02/Jan/09, 8:00 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Busta is a 90's cat a crazy dude but he aint a fool he is not illiterate and he can provide answers to some serious questions i dont find him a coon i find him to be an eccentric dude not a coon its a difference but still i admit i do the hands thing when arab money comes but still i cant forget him for that song

ThugzHill Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 6:03 AM | Message # 5

Rappers
naah,he has credits as much as he deserves. and i agree with menace with
Quote (Menace)
i mean yeah i bang Woo Ha sometimes but he aint my style when i want crazy i choose ODB
cause i do pretty much the same! cool

shall not fear no man but god, for i walk thru the valley of death.
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 6:10 AM | Message # 6

Heads
i feel that. ODB >>>> Busta any day, but Busta is one of those artists that everyone from emos to pop rap fans to hardcore hip hop heads can all say "yeah, Busta is pretty good." of course very few say "Busta is the GOAT!" although my ex-roommate said Busta was his favorite rapper. idk.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 12:04 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Menace)
in my eyes he dropped at least one underrated classic album (Extinction Level Event), his group Leaders Of The New School dropped one of the biggest hits in hip hop history ("Sobb Story"), he's got longevity in the game rivaling the best and he's still relevant both underground and mainstream (though many see him as sold out now, which i can understand but i still like some of his newer stuff. he's one of a kind and he's still staying true to his personality), and he's managed to attract both mainstream and underground fans who almost never agree. he's one of the few artists both me and my sister can enjoy (of course if i showed her his old school stuff she'd hate it). so show some love and give credit where it is due. this man deserves it and never gets it. i don't think i've ever seen him on a top 10 list.

very true he is loved by many.. i was always a fan..

LoveThatHipHop Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 2:21 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
I like Busta, but he's gonna get into some real shit for the Arab Money song.

Because I'm cool like dat. I'm chill like dat. I'm peace like dat.
TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 5:17 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Yeah.. I'd also prefer ODB, Busta definitely could spit back in the day though, haven't really checked out his new stuff.
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Busta Rhymes Deserves More Credit
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: