[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: J-Breakz, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Knowledge » General/Misc. News » Mubarak Resigned!
Mubarak Resigned!
eboyd Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 3:14 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Congratulations to the protesters in Egypt, their hard work is finally beginning to pay off! According to sources, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak resigned this morning. The story that I've heard is that after loudly proclaiming last night that he would not be leaving, military officials made it clear to Mubarak that they would not fight the protesters and so Mubarak promptly resigned his post.

With the spread of these protests throughout the middle east it seems we may soon be seeing the same in other countries as well in the near future. Let us hope that the Egyptian people do not view this as the end of their struggle and that they remain aware of other threats such as the Muslim Brotherhood and Muhammed El Baradei (or however you spell his name. Too lazy to look up the proper spelling atm) during this transitionary period for their country.

Again, congrats to the Egyptians! Power to the people!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 4:03 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Bout time..Hopefully I can watch the weather in peace without a lame reference to Egypt..

Sick With It
Menace Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 5:15 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Its the first victory in this social war for democracy and human rights, the real fight just started right now, the power structure is the same, Mubarak resigned but nothing from the original demands was actually achieved, so the joy will be short and bitter. Omar Suleiman and his military clique are exactly the same, Mubarak fell but his regime DIDN'T, so its not a regime change its just a tease. The people must push further for a regime change, that was the initial movement about, a regime change not a military dictatorship, many people in the west don't know that but Mubarak's regime was not a CIVILIAN regime as it is in the west, it was and is a military regime. So the objective is civilian control of the government not military dictatorship, so the people must stick to the original demands, no compromise with the old generals. I disagree with you Erik because Mohamed ElBaradei and his "government of national salvation" would represent a better choice for Egypt because this government will be compromised by civilians, so its a thousand times better then a military regime.

eboyd Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 7:40 PM | Message # 4

Heads
I was just throwing El Baradei out there as an example. You know what me and you both have as a final goal and no president represents that. Of course I'm not explicitly stating it ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 9:21 PM | Message # 5

Heads
No doubt, we all know where ultimately, all of this will lead, as anarchists we study the nature of these things, but i am trying to reach outside and try to push the envelope further and further, a civilian government will ease tensions and let us built freely while a military regime will utterly destroy us. By the way Erik, check this interview with this Egyptian anarchist from an actual anarchist organization from Egypt.
http://libcom.org/library/egypt-unrest-interview-egyptian-anarchist

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Feb/11, 2:36 AM | Message # 6

Heads
great article!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 15/Feb/11, 5:32 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Howard Bloom and TAA speaking on it, the video is long but Howard Bloom is a very interesting guy to listen to

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Tuesday, 15/Feb/11, 7:43 AM | Message # 8

B-Girls
Hey you guys wanna know something freaky.

type itanimulli . com into your web address (illuminati spelled backwards) and start shitting bricks.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Treach Date: Tuesday, 15/Feb/11, 9:10 AM | Message # 9

OGs
Quote (Adam)
type itanimulli . com into your web address (illuminati spelled backwards) and start shitting bricks.

i tried that a few months back. wtf is up with that??

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Forum » Knowledge » General/Misc. News » Mubarak Resigned!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: