"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 15/Sep/09, 3:34 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Again Menace flipoff

man you always do that you always flip me off and i observed you ONLY flip me off so the things is and the big question you really want to fuck me ?? LMAO really ??

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 15/Sep/09, 6:22 PM | Message # 18

Heads
They go around telling people not to eat meat for the same reason people go around preaching religion and bashing on abortion and stemcell research. They feel it is a moral subject.

Personally I'm a pescetarian. I understand the vegetarian’s discontent. But I also understand that it is very hard to be a vegetarian, especially in America. Everywhere you go it is nothing but meat. The main course meal is always some kind of meat with vegetables as a side. There really are no vegetarian friendly meals almost anywhere you go. Sure there are salads and shit, but that isn't fucking filling. So you're pretty much forced to eat meat due to either convenience or availability. However, being a vegetarian is easily possible if you plan your food and only buy from food markets instead of eating fast food or at restaurants. But when you buy from food markets you run into the problem of organic and inorganic. The organic is healthier but more expensive = problem for some.

I love how we as human beings (well the majority anyway) go around feeling so good about ourselves believing we live in a predominantly righteous world, meanwhile we ignore this major problem. One second we can walk an old lady across the street and then the next second stuff our face with a fat burger and feel soooooooooo good about ourselves. Pure ignorance and oblivion. The situation with livestock is essentially enslavement in another form. The best way to think about it, is to think if life from elsewhere came to this planet and began harvesting us simply because they were smarter, and felt they were more important. We would be in the exact same position as the animals we harvest. There is a purely logical reasoning behind vegetarianism, aside from the moral reasons. The meat industry is one of the largest capitalistic foundations in the world and everyone supports it. They support the waste, greed, selfishness, and unhealthiness. And the funny thing is it is all avoidable if we were only less selfish. It's so amusing, parents going around telling their kids to share and be responsible, and especially don't be selfish, when the underlying aspects of society are all selfish and irresponsible by their very structure. The more you realize things, the more you realize the mainstream beliefs of society are far too often contradictive and hypocritical. It's easy to be stupid, it's not so easy to not be.

But yeah Menace your right, evolutionarily speaking we developed a vegetarian diet (somewhat omnivorous because we ate bugs). But once we took to the land we began killing other animals for food. If you look at the baboons they took a similar path. And actually we really haven't evolved out of our vegetarian anatomy. We have somewhat, that's why we still have our vestigial appendix (which once digested fruit and vegetation). However, meat is still hard on the body to process. Our body can process vegetation much easier. It is obvious we haven't fully evolved out of a vegetarian diet. And actually, we didn't really start eating meat on a large scale until we gathered into tribes and became hunters. Evolution eventually put us into the position of having to hunt or gather. Of course we did both, but we had to hunt out of necessity. Once we domesticated livestock, we realized that it was much easier to grow animals then to grow vegetation. That eventually changed but we stuck to meat nevertheless. And now we continue soley for profit. There are alternatives, however capitalism will never permit the growth.

If you’re against capitalism, waste, greed, and andtiprogressivism, then that should be enough for you to stop eating meat, otherwise you are supporting an atrocity.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 15/Sep/09, 9:25 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
^Well written. Touche'.
But honestly, I don't feel greedy, happy, or selfish at all after eating a burger. I just feel full and glad I'm not hungry.
No offense but I think the whole thing about burgers=greed is bullshit.
I don't see it.
Maybe in some cases, like the CEO's of McDonalds and Burger King. But I'm not them. I don't feel like that. At all!

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 1:03 AM | Message # 20

Heads
I_Guy, move to Cali. There are a shit ton of vegan and vegetarian restaurants there.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 4:14 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
No offense but I think the whole thing about burgers=greed is bullshit.
I don't see it.

When I mention greed I'm primarily referring to the corporations that run the operations. Their greed keeps the situation fucked up. You know, lower quality foods to maximize profits, poor conditions for animals & poor animal execution methods all to maximize profits.

Quote (Joker13)
thats bullshit organic foods is a waste of money anyone who buys that shit is a sucker

Source?

Quote (eboyd)
I_Guy, move to Cali.

I will someday. B)

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ill Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 4:33 AM | Message # 22

Emcees
the only reason we evolved and got smarter was cos we learnt to cook meat, more efficient on the body or something so we could use less energy just living.

dunno what i got to say just thought id share the knowledge loll

The World Is Yours
Adam Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 7:09 AM | Message # 23

B-Girls
You know I have never met someone trying to tell me to not eat meat? So I don't have a clue how you guys here as much as it seems, but to me people had to have done something rotten to not become a human in their past life, so I say fucking eat them. Every cow wants to be a happy meal, and every pig wants to be having a party with two eggs and a side of beans.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 9:21 AM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (I_Guy)
When I mention greed I'm primarily referring to the corporations that run the operations. Their greed keeps the situation fucked up. You know, lower quality foods to maximize profits, poor conditions for animals & poor animal execution methods all to maximize profits.

Oh yeah, I agree with that then.
It's no different than tobacco companies. They will do ANYTHING, even if it hurts their buyers, to maximize their profit.. Yet I STILL love mcdonalds.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 10:44 AM | Message # 25

Heads
food or meat directly is not the primary problem as I_Guy pointed out the problem is we are scammed by these people into doing stupid shit and i agree whit Joker on the same tip too because they monopolized the vegan industry too these people actually KEEP FOOD down so they can have more market demand the food we actually produce in the world can feed our entire planet but for profits the actual food is held down it's terrible

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 3:25 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Joker13)
you just like everyone else you buy into the corporation bullshit they make millions getting stupid vegetable heads to buy this stupid shit when there really isn't a difference but whatever it makes people"feel good" what a bunch of pussies

You have to realize this study was done in the UK (which is much better than the US when it come to agriculture) and it was a very small study.
From your source:

He added that better quality studies were needed.

Peter Melchett, policy director at the Soil Association said they were disappointed with the conclusions.

"The review rejected almost all of the existing studies of comparisons between organic and non-organic nutritional differences.

"Although the researchers say that the differences between organic and non-organic food are not 'important', due to the relatively few studies, they report in their analysis that there are higher levels of beneficial nutrients in organic compared to non-organic foods.

"Without large-scale, longitudinal research it is difficult to come to far-reaching clear conclusions on this, which was acknowledged by the authors of the FSA review.
"Also, there is not sufficient research on the long-term effects of pesticides on human health," he added.

I'll be locating this article and offering my own opinions as to whether the criticisms offered in this news report are justified. You'll see my thoughts soon!

I have a hard time trusting second hand blog news.

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 3:32 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (Menace)
food or meat directly is not the primary problem as I_Guy pointed out the problem is we are scammed by these people into doing stupid shit and i agree whit Joker on the same tip too because they monopolized the vegan industry too these people actually KEEP FOOD down so they can have more market demand the food we actually produce in the world can feed our entire planet but for profits the actual food is held down it's terrible

True again. Anything that has a market will be monopolized and capitalized if given the chance. Of course they keep organic food limited to elevate the price. But all in all, it is the best way to go. Their are more benefits than not. Everything is regulated to maintain profits, it applies to anything.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 3:43 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Word, man, the only news I trust on here (the Internet) is the ones backed up by reliable sources. Don't bother with Google

if you want good news check these websites http://www.indymedia.org and this one http://www.democracynow.org/ these 2 websites are the only news websites i can personally trust

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 4:24 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
True again. Anything that has a market will be monopolized and capitalized if given the chance. Of course they keep organic food limited to elevate the price. But all in all, it is the best way to go. Their are more benefits than not. Everything is regulated to maintain profits, it applies to anything.

i heard its actually not that much healthier than non-organic

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ill Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 4:40 PM | Message # 30

Emcees
fall back hes eaten organic so he knows

The World Is Yours
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Vegetarianism
Search: