• «
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Producer Equipment
Producer Equipment
NtG Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 3:40 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
sorry, i'm semi-retarded

yeah, you are. lol its a keyboard that he's talking about.

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 3:50 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (NtG)
yeah, you are. lol its a keyboard that he's talking about.

Quote (UniteC)
M-Audio Key rig

lol! i didn't catch that! biggrin there is an M-Audio interface that comes with Pro Tools too though, no?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

UniteC Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 3:55 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
since you say you have an M Audio interface, i'm guessing Pro Tools? sorry, i'm semi-retarded when it comes to equipment. as far as i have been taught though, M Audio is a Digidesign product that you buy with Pro Tools.

yea my boy told me i can use my m-audio as an interface...but im not really sure how to lol....
and nahhhh i dont have pro-tools....i dont even kno what the damn program does lmao...!
if u ask me...my philosophy on the who thing...

is i should master the equipment i have b 4 investing into other advanced products like pro-tools...
i basiclly focused on fancying my sample game an getting better at mastering and stuff....
the list is endless when it comes to me talkin bout my philosophy on the whole thing....
cuz wen u in a dead place like Iowa...u find yourself doin nuthing but producing music and studying music (in my case)

"Flows got the breeze on my clothes got the scent of trees/
i lay back and blow sax like kenny G'g/"

"Whole body blingin' like 3PO nigga..."

eboyd Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 4:01 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (UniteC)
i dont even kno what the damn program does lmao...!

lol! yeah, i feel you on your philosophy on this shit. Pro Tools is for importing sounds/music and putting everything together for the final mixdown and recording sounds outside your computer and importing them in. it is most commonly used for recording vocals (obviously requires a mic though) but you can use it for instruments, even nature sounds and such, and you can take tracks already recorded too and put them together. it's also good for shortening/lengthening beats, fading a track out, adding sound effects, etc. apparently the new Pro Tools (version 8) has instruments on it too so it can work sort of like Logic if you figure out how to use it right.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

G-Ammo Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 4:07 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
I got:

FL Studio 8 XXL
Creative E-MU Xboard 61
Lenco L-3866 Vinyl Player USB
Alesis iMultimix 8 USB mixer
Behringer MON800 ''amplifier'' (well not really it didn't work on my monitors... going to check some stuff in the weekend... when that's solved... ill make a pic of my gear ;))
2 Alesis Passive One II monitors

What i use now is only FL, ma keyboard and the vinyl player.... :P The rest is coming wink

Peace

(and for those who only got like FL and/or a keyboard... it doesn't matter... the beats I made are now only from FL8 and with help from the keyboard, that's it... It's not how u do it or what program... it is What u do and how u represent ur thing!)

19 Year old Beatmaker from Holland! :D

eboyd Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 4:09 PM | Message # 21

Heads
dope shit! btw, battling is one of the mainstays of the site and i just finished a battle and we need input:

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/19-1555-2

thanks.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

UniteC Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 8:53 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
lol! yeah, i feel you on your philosophy on this shit. Pro Tools is for importing sounds/music and putting everything together for the final mixdown and recording sounds outside your computer and importing them in. it is most commonly used for recording vocals (obviously requires a mic though) but you can use it for instruments, even nature sounds and such, and you can take tracks already recorded too and put them together. it's also good for shortening/lengthening beats, fading a track out, adding sound effects, etc. apparently the new Pro Tools (version 8) has instruments on it too so it can work sort of like Logic if you figure out how to use it right.

yea thats what i thought it did...i just wasnt exactly sure....but im not even sweatin equipment right now...if i could have anything type of equipment it would be a nice MPD and a USB turntable and i would be happy
(for now) lol....

dont get me wrong tho! if u put me in a full fledged studio i wouldnt come out untill i figured shit out lol
wink

wink

"Flows got the breeze on my clothes got the scent of trees/
i lay back and blow sax like kenny G'g/"

"Whole body blingin' like 3PO nigga..."

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Producer Equipment
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: