[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » ARTISTS, GIVE ME LINKS TO YOUR MUSIC AND COVER ART-
ARTISTS, GIVE ME LINKS TO YOUR MUSIC AND COVER ART-
eboyd Date: Monday, 23/Feb/09, 6:10 PM | Message # 1

Heads
if you have a mixtape, album, w/e, that you are trying to sell or give away for free, please send me links here. if you don't have cover art, upload an image on tinypic.com in message board size (http://www.tinypic.com) and post the link to the image here (the url should say http://www.tinypic.com/ (...).jpg). also link it to the actual mixtape or album and i will promote it in our "RHHF Artists" section. thanks.

Regards, Erik Boyd

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 23/May/09, 3:49 AM | Message # 16

Heads
nice ,il download the mixtape when i get home ,and whos the kid at the end?

Graffiti
eboyd Date: Saturday, 23/May/09, 4:19 AM | Message # 17

Heads
i think that's his son. maybe i'm mistaken. idk.

anyways, i probably should have mentioned this, but i listened to your mixtape a few times through. the only thing i felt could have used improvement were that some of the features were kind of lacking (you are far better than anyone featured on your mixtape) and it could have used better beats. i know for a fact that we have at least 3 producers on here that would be willing to give you free beats that are better than 50% of the beats on your mixtape. if i have anything you like just let me know and i'll be more than willing, though i'm pretty experimental. i know you don't have money to spend but if you muster up some cash my man Mnemonic is one of the best producers in the west. he starts at about $50 though and usually does package deals.

additionally, i personally could care less because i know what the intention is, but for the average listener you may have a few too many shout outs to God/religion. it's cool here and there, especially if you believe in it so strongly, but it becomes a recurring theme in your music. i am of the impression that you want to be seen as the "typical cat who just happens to be Christian and doesn't cuss" and you aren't creating that for yourself with the abundance of religious references. i, however, don't mind it. that is entirely up to what persona you are creating. are you more for coexistence or pushing God's message? that is your choice to make.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 23/May/09, 6:18 AM | Message # 18

Heads
Favorite track = "Like Everybody Else."

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Saturday, 23/May/09, 12:43 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Oh, ok. Yeah, I was specifically commenting on the beats I didn't recognize. I mean yeah, the classics were dope. I wasn't honestly really feeling you on "Know The Ledge" and I think it may be just because I've heard Rakim on it and how flawless he rode that beat and you didn't quite ride it as nice, but w/e. I was also kind of annoyed at first when I heard the "A Milli" beat lol! That beat is the most annoying beat I've ever heard, but you demolished it, so I had no issues. As for the ministry stuff, I have no beef with it, but recognize that people will be turned away because today any God references unfortunately are taken as "preachy." If you don't believe me read Blender Magazine's piece of shit "50 worst bands of all time" list and find the entry for one of my favorite groups Arrested Development. Unfortunately this isn't just Blender magazine that feels this way. Bizzy Bone has been shouting out God on all his tracks on his last several albums and people within the hip hop world have been put off by it. All I'm saying is if you truly wish to make this a career, which you can do and it can help you pay the bills, maybe, and this is just a suggestion, you should focus on Indian issues more than the religious but keep the subject matter diverse as well. I don't mind the monotone, though, as I told you over the phone, I would be intrigued to hear you put more energy into it just to see what it sounds like. I myself for example am very interested in the concept of anarchy but it doesn't become a recurring theme in my writing or my music. I touch on a diverse range of topics and I keep it fresh. Of course my more experimental work kind of goes off the deep end, but that is more personal expression than anything else. And I just want to know, have you dropped an album? Do you plan to? If so we could probably round up some beats for you for free that are pretty dope. Just let us know. Ultimately everything I said is fully up to you btw. You could just completely brush everything I said off and I won't be offended but when it comes to you, even though it's about the art and the love, at the end of the day, what's the point when you are the only person who hears it? If you are serious about this hip hop thing I have a close friend who is also a hip hop head that is also good friends with Red Cloud, so when you feel you are ready I can try (no guarantees) to get you in touch with him.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 0:13 AM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
I will probably be doing it indefinitely unless God wills otherwise but I do it because I love doing it and getting things off my chest. Not to say I wouldn't welcome any success, if it happens that would be great. And yeah, sometimes I do get discouraged by the fact that I don't get props. But in the long run it's just when I get my head out of the game and lose sight of why I do this that I feel that way. I know cats don't like my message

I think what ur doing is great, it comes from ur heart and u trying to spread a good message..I thought that was the reason everyone would do it, it does get things off ur chest and most important to spread ur message, whatever that message maybe, thats the message u want to spread so dont give up on that.. thats what hip hop is all about..I dont think you should get discouraged, u just have to find the right audience, there are plenty of people that listen to christian hip hop. There are plenty of people that love and want to hear more christian hip hop and people in the christian communities especially parents that would rether their kids listen to that than that crap on the radio. I also agree with erik to change it up if u want a larger audience at times..its good that u are just expressing what u belive and stand up for and to me thats what hip hop is all about even if some dont like ur message, there is always someone listening, so u keep being u smile

Chinita Date: Thursday, 28/May/09, 12:56 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Thanks Chinita you are awesome as always.

you're welcome, which reminds me.. no body replaced that christian hip hop thread that was also deleted with the rest of our good threads..there is an audience for everthing, even if its one or two surprised <_<

SP1K3 Date: Tuesday, 09/Jun/09, 4:48 PM | Message # 22

Rappers
www.soundclick.com/SP1K3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=23j21i0&s=5&hid=19&tag=water+reflection

MCL
"Things aint gon always go right, look at it like, yo this aint yo day, but this yo life, and LIVE!" - Royce da 5'9
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 09/Jun/09, 4:59 PM | Message # 23

Heads
i notice there is a widget, would u like that added instead also? i think it can be added.

DeathChamberzMusic Date: Wednesday, 28/Mar/12, 9:28 PM | Message # 24

Rappers
Insomnia Music Presents 22Project Part 1: Dreamstate by Jakob22

The Debut Street Album from Jakob22 11 Underground bangers, including features by: Peep Sho, Flex of Anti-Heroes, & Shallow Pockets. Bonus Track featuring: Peep Sho, Jakob22 & Psych Ward

Download For Free @ http://www.jakob22.com/?review=37

Dreamstate 2:The REM Effect

The Dreamstate Part2 – R.E.M Effect with special guests J Reno The Sadist, Lord Lhus, Savage Brothers, Peepsho, Frostbitten and Swann Ill Rock…. the 22 takeover continues

Download 4 Free From http://www.jakob22.com/?page_id=22

Stand a Chance Jakob22 feat J Reno
MyndZ Eye Music
http://youtu.be/V4igRXw8rY0
Download Dreamstate 2: The REM Effect
http://www.jakob22.com/?page_id=22
Revue Date: Tuesday, 11/Jun/13, 2:46 AM | Message # 25

Rappers
Free Ep: http://revue1.bandcamp.com/album/the-living-room-music-ep

Album: http://revue1.bandcamp.com/album/10-years-later-the-album

One who knows everything knows nothing.
Adam Date: Tuesday, 11/Jun/13, 7:51 AM | Message # 26

B-Girls
Hey hey, public service announcement is nice. Umm who made the beat?

dance of the dead is so wonky, and is all over the place. It is hard to hear that sample flipped in that way... or is it flipped at all? I don't even know what to think, I feel weird now.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!

Message edited by Adam - Tuesday, 11/Jun/13, 7:53 AM
Chinita Date: Thursday, 13/Jun/13, 11:06 AM | Message # 27

Heads
Jakob22 "Dreamstate" and revue, you can add it to the main page, if we feeling it, i'll hit approve.. (hit add entry)

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » ARTISTS, GIVE ME LINKS TO YOUR MUSIC AND COVER ART-
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: