[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
-Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!-
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 02/Oct/08, 4:12 AM | Message # 1

Heads
We have recently decided to do a "Part 2" type of thing also using a more hardcore type beat produced by Lethaface.
So far these are the people who are gonna be on it, its just a matter of recording it:
Download AyDee's beat here:
New York Anthem.MP3 - 2.15MB

here's an unofficial extended version of AyDee's beat that (eboyd) extended

to listen to both beats now, click play:

verses (in order. still waiting for some):

eboyd (AyDee beat)

eboyd (Lethaface beat)

what's hip hop to me? not hypocrisy/
spit toxically, beat box and free/
think consciously, rhyme optimally/
rap anomalies laying lyrics dominantly/
never abominably. predominantly/
bombing G's, disarming emcees/
M-I-Cs hooked up to M-P-Cs/
from L-E-S to M-E-D/
N-A-S to P-N-C/
(...)
somebody sitting spitting as a remedy/
commercial entities are meant to please/
the C-E-O of U-M-G and his cronies/
find and sign these phonies/
when lonely, get no Love like Monie/
labels only care if you go gold. me?/
i keep holding the hope I'll be molding/
a new shape for hip hop. it's unfolding/
lead by us, the crew that puts MC's in damnation/
Rebels for Emancipation And Liberation/
Helping Innocent People Hurdle Oppression/
and Prejudice forever. class is in session/
receive this lesson, time for mic cession/
mic blessing and record pressing/
i'm the Master Creator, my Mic's Crescent/
from bent words stretching, you need direction/
I'm forcing hip hop's rebirth by Cesaerian section

The Wildcore

Acekat00o

We the brothers of the old school and underground
Righteous, powerful, attacking mainstream sound
don't do it for cash,hoes or cars
We have more soul then the mainstream by far
Banging the real music on our boom box all day long
Having Hip-Hop in our heart and we stay strong
Bringing Hip-Hop in the universe metaphysical
representing the real its our daily ritual

Em-See'D

a rough recording of my verse

Trigger The Soldier

more than 30 years still goin strong
who would have thought I'd last this long
I'm far from dead just in a place where I dont belong
holding on,though I got some cats tearing me apart
money is the issue its official now I got no heart
confused not knowing whats real and whats not
the next generation is changin my name to pop
they changed my style got me rockin on another flow now
tellin everybody that this how its suppose to go down
hell nah what happened to the bboys djs and emcees
now I got a whole bunch of clowns representing me
actin like they know about me but their mentality
is based on making profit thats it no creativity
no dedication no love not even decency
makin a mockery of me and my history
but its time to act now time to change this scenery
real hip hop forever,scream it loud with me

Menace

Black Menace young guerrilla running tru the mainstream
Bombing and attacking the wealth of the high class fiend
Ain't 68 its a new millennium the new generation of soldiers are here
Ain't talkin' about robocop get yo mind straight we just the supreme team
Militant activist more hardcore then Wu tang's Cream
Real Hip Hop Forever the visionaries of the Utopian dream

Pensmoke

Mak_The_Lucid_Tongue

Junkie slash addict smoke, ingest and yes inject it
Need it in me just to live and 'til my death I stress I'll rep it
speaker wire veins, hearts a home on sedgwick
the beat gets me through the rain, lyrics pick me up like dead lifts
Nuthin' quite as beautiful as when a pen hits the paper
unless it's painted on city walls, bodegas to sky scrapers
lets keep it going in the name of hiphop, Dj's to beatmakers
Emcee's, Painters and let us never forget the breakers

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
AyDee Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 3:12 PM | Message # 181

Emcees
nahh, it should just be some nasty verses like triumph

everyone show there own style on the track

"The beats make me fallin asleep"
Menace Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 3:14 PM | Message # 182

Heads
word i go whit Aydee on this but we must mention in some of our lyrics the RHHF too

Acekat00o Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 3:51 PM | Message # 183

Heads
so we make our own verses with no special theme? and mention rhhf? thatl be a great anthem...(sarcastic)

Graffiti
AyDee Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 4:05 PM | Message # 184

Emcees
not every song needs a special theme just a nice setting is good, besides we cant get any special themes done on this site due to getting off topic so much we deter away from what we are really supposed to do(revolutionary track)

besides name one anthem track with a "special theme"

AyDee Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 7:12 PM | Message # 185

Emcees
now everbody start writing your verses so we can get it goin

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Thursday, 30/Oct/08, 7:44 PM | Message # 186

Rappers
imma be on the track yellin WE DA BEST!!!!! WE THE BEST!!!!!! I NEVER SHUT UP!!!!!!!! every 2 seconds jus to be annoying as fuck

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Acekat00o Date: Friday, 31/Oct/08, 11:05 AM | Message # 187

Heads
Quote (Blaze)
imma be on the track yellin WE DA BEST!!!!! WE THE BEST!!!!!! I NEVER SHUT UP!!!!!!!! every 2 seconds jus to be annoying as fuck

nice

Graffiti
Lostaries Date: Friday, 31/Oct/08, 6:16 PM | Message # 188

Emcees
Aydee is right it would be hella better if cats just wrote their own shit and repped RHHF as opposed to a theme where cats all talkin bout the same shit~ Keepin shit fresh imo is madd iller than everyone on some same shit~ Look at some of the dopest anthums and you'll see everyone brings their own heat to the track~ Triumph isnt ill for no damn reason~
I_Guy Date: Friday, 31/Oct/08, 8:40 PM | Message # 189

Heads
Quote (Lostaries)
it would be hella better if cats just wrote their own shit and repped RHHF as opposed to a theme

The problem with this is when people just drop their own shit no one ends up saying anything. Everyone just ends up rhyming about rhyming, and nothing meaningful is ever said. For instance, people were referencing a Wu-Tang influence. But we shouldn't let others influence us much, because originality and true creativity does not come from influence, it comes from insightful ideological affluence. I try not to let others influence me when it comes to lyrics. I pretend no other rappers even exist in order to achieve original insight. Don't get me wrong, Wu-Tang is great, but after listening to them I don't feel well informed or exposed to new ideas. I only feel mentally stimulated due to wordplay. You know, people who truely know music in general would criticize a song like everyone is suggesting because it is unfocused and not coherent with a central idea. I am with EmSeed when he suggests a concept because that is what's most focused. Yes it will be about the same "shit," but from different perspectives resulting in different "shit," especially since it's over the net and we can't really share ideas as well. Focusing a concept also gains more respect from people outside of hip hop culture because it impresses them intellecutally, especially if the song is well constructed and structured capable of literary analysis. You see it becomes like a form of lyrical liturature. Every song should be like an essay. Not broken thoughts of vulgarity, egocentricity, and arrogance (which is what most people think hip hop is). When the lyrics are unfocused like this, listeners simply throw it straight into the usual hip hop bucket and the song wears out and evaporates. I want to prove to people that hip hop is more than a clever rambling on of broken undeveloped ideas. It is important that it remains focused. Focus is always good, never bad. So what's the deal?

They say hip hop is evolving, but it's not. However mainstream rap is. It's getting shittier of course but it's still evolving. However hip hop is not. It remains stuck within the mentality of the current suggestion, the suggestion being the quote above. I feel the only true way to evolve hip hop is to sophisticate it more, both intellectually and creatively. For instance, at one point Dr. Dre suggested making Detox like a story (every song a new scene, every beat facilitating a different mood, every guest appearance is a different character within the story, etc.). I'm sure other artists have considered the idea, but never used it due to its deviation from the norm. But this is purely an example. I feel the only direction for hip hop to take is focused philosophy or creative story telling because the cliche application that hip hop often takes is worn out. I can not further stress the strength of my opinion so please consider.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 01/Nov/08, 3:37 AM | Message # 190

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
The problem with this is when people just drop their own shit no one ends up saying anything. Everyone just ends up rhyming about rhyming, and nothing meaningful is ever said. For instance, people were referencing a Wu-Tang influence. But we shouldn't let others influence us much, because originality and true creativity does not come from influence, it comes from insightful ideological affluence. I try not to let others influence me when it comes to lyrics. I pretend no other rappers even exist in order to achieve original insight. Don't get me wrong, Wu-Tang is great, but after listening to them I don't feel well informed or exposed to new ideas. I only feel mentally stimulated due to wordplay. You know, people who truely know music in general would criticize a song like everyone is suggesting because it is unfocused and not coherent with a central idea. I am with EmSeed when he suggests a concept because that is what's most focused. Yes it will be about the same "shit," but from different perspectives resulting in different "shit," especially since it's over the net and we can't really share ideas as well. Focusing a concept also gains more respect from people outside of hip hop culture because it impresses them intellecutally, especially if the song is well constructed and structured capable of literary analysis. You see it becomes like a form of lyrical liturature. Every song should be like an essay. Not broken thoughts of vulgarity, egocentricity, and arrogance (which is what most people think hip hop is). When the lyrics are unfocused like this, listeners simply throw it straight into the usual hip hop bucket and the song wears out and evaporates. I want to prove to people that hip hop is more than a clever rambling on of broken undeveloped ideas. It is important that it remains focused. Focus is always good, never bad. So what's the deal?

They say hip hop is evolving, but it's not. However mainstream rap is. It's getting shittier of course but it's still evolving. However hip hop is not. It remains stuck within the mentality of the current suggestion, the suggestion being the quote above. I feel the only true way to evolve hip hop is to sophisticate it more, both intellectually and creatively. For instance, at one point Dr. Dre suggested making Detox like a story (every song a new scene, every beat facilitating a different mood, every guest appearance is a different character within the story, etc.). I'm sure other artists have considered the idea, but never used it due to its deviation from the norm. But this is purely an example. I feel the only direction for hip hop to take is focused philosophy or creative story telling because the cliche application that hip hop often takes is worn out. I can not further stress the strength of my opinion so please consider.

I agree with I_Guy ,we need to break the norms,we need unity ,so all post your verses and we will together make them blend into each-other into an unison idea ,:D

Graffiti
Aydee a beast Date: Saturday, 01/Nov/08, 9:49 AM | Message # 191

Watchers
i appreciate you trying to helpl but at he end of the day im the one who does all the mixdown at the end and im the producer and i say we bring the heat and save your "themed" verses for another track
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 01/Nov/08, 11:58 PM | Message # 192

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)

Hip hop might not be evolving right now, BUT it has gone through MANY evolutions. This is actually kinda what my verse is about, hip hop needs another evolution, it can't just do the same old shit. But I don't think we all need to have a concept. I have a concept with my verse, and you guys can have a concept too, but if you just want to write a killer verse im cool with that. In my verse i don't think people are even gonna get what im talking about anyway. So guys just WRITE YOUR VERSE NOW! iv pretty much finished mine just making some small changes.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
AyDee Date: Sunday, 02/Nov/08, 4:45 PM | Message # 193

Emcees
Quote (EmSeed)
So guys just WRITE YOUR VERSE NOW!

eboyd Date: Monday, 03/Nov/08, 2:14 AM | Message # 194

Heads
lol! will do! in fact, let me write a first draft by quickly writing 16 here.

hard times we're going through/
but i'm still flowing to all my crew/
i do what i do, write a rhyme or two/
when i get depressed and my pain gets the best/
of me, that's when my third eye starts to see/
a way out of the belly of the beast/
that's why hip hop means so much to me/
hip hop on the radio's embarrassing/
rappers don't drop bombs like Rodney Harrison/
that's why i drop my intellect much clearer than/
window panes. it's insane what i'm hearing when/
i tune in to MTV, BET, C-L-E-/
-A-R, they know who they are/
if you're signed, don't listen to your A&R/
you must stay far... away/
R Double H F baby. ain't nothing else to say.

to be amended...

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 03/Nov/08, 2:56 AM | Message # 195

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
hard times we're going through/
but i'm still flowing to all my crew/