[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » I NEED A BEAT!!!!
I NEED A BEAT!!!!
TheHipHopSpot Date: Friday, 18/Feb/11, 4:24 PM | Message # 1

OGs
i got 7-8 people ready rip up a beat. it needs to go HARD. a beat that also has longevity, and can hold the weight of so many mcs. these are the people who will be on the track so far

Eboyds verse

PsioNics verse

Trigger the Soldiers verse

EmSeeD's verse

lol

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHipHopSpot
SPC
http://southparkcoalition.webs.com/
eboyd Date: Sunday, 20/Feb/11, 4:10 AM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i am curious to see what eboyd has.

i was the one that actually originally suggested G-Ammo. i spoke to Unite C and he said he finds making hardcore beats easy, so he'll throw some shit together and send it this way. if you guys liked the last track on his beat tape and also our track together called "Wargods", then expect something in that vein (though i'm using both of those so you guys can't have them, even for this project :p )

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
i was going through g ammos too, hes got some good stuff. nothing really has stuck out yet, theyre good beats for k-rino true.

yeah, i know they don't fit the others necessarily. when you mentioned K-Rino though, G-Ammo was the first person that came to mind.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
you can be on it too eboyd, i didnt post a video of you because i havent asked you yet.

YAY! :D

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
is trigger on this site? i havent talked to him in a while either. i remember him from the youtube group.

he does but he doesn't come on here. i'll email him for you if you like. because we basically built RHHF together and both emcee we have a lot of respect for each other and so he usually answers my emails pretty quickly.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheHipHopSpot Date: Sunday, 20/Feb/11, 9:54 PM | Message # 17

OGs
cant find wargods anywhere, post a link. g-ammo sent me a message asking if im going to pay him, so im not sure if he'll give me a free one. eboyd, if youre hoarding 2 good beats, what will happen if you friend makes a sicker one? this song has to be perfect. lol so should we use multiple beats like in swashbuckling, and use a sample from a movie that will act in place of the chorus'? maybe even 1 verse will be 2 people rapping back and forth, like d-12 use to do. any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dontflop?blend=1&ob=4

lyrical agent is going to be battling in dont flop. his battle will be out on the 28th. cant wait

Youtube
SPC
Adam Date: Sunday, 20/Feb/11, 10:00 PM | Message # 18

B-Girls
my metallic brain food beat is long so it probably can hold everyone's verse

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
TheHipHopSpot Date: Sunday, 20/Feb/11, 10:41 PM | Message # 19

OGs
dam, thats a pretty dirty beat adam, that and the dj premier sounding one ntg posted are the dopest so far. im about to look through more g ammo beats. keep posting guys. and unfortunetly lowkey isnt going to make it, his people at globalfaction sent me a message...

"No word yet bro. To be honest I don't think he'll be responding for now as we have a situation in the UK with many mass demonstrations over Government cuts especially related to education. The Police and media are trying to build a case to prosecute Lowkey under some trumped up charges and his face has been all over the news over here. So he's got a lot to contend with right now. When/if this blows over I'm gonna remind him."

oh well

Youtube
SPC
eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 0:47 AM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
cant find wargods anywhere, post a link

oh, that's right, Unite C deleted his page. i'll need to re-upload it. for now though you will have to go with my MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/realhiphopforeveragentx

^^^ btw, all the beats there were made by Unite C except the bottom two.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
g-ammo sent me a message asking if im going to pay him, so im not sure if he'll give me a free one

lol dude, that's why i told you to let me get at him. tell me what beats you think might work and i'll contact him about them. he gave me the "Refreshing" beat for free (which is probably his dopest beat) and then asked if i'd be willing to have that beat as a non-exclusive version, so i told him i will probably be pressing it up and getting it on the radio and everything (which i wasn't lying about) and he gave me access. i'll talk to him about what we plan to do with the beat that he gives us and i guarantee he'll give it to us for free, especially if he know who is going to be on it. if anything, we are doing him a favor. i'll just give him exclusive access to putting it up on his YouTube page if we use one of his beats. sound fair? i need to know that i'm going to use one of his beats though before i approach him. i'll probably talk to him when we know which beats we are thinking about using so we can tell people which beats we can get, but still, i don't want to solidify shit with him until we know for sure.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
eboyd, if youre hoarding 2 good beats, what will happen if you friend makes a sicker one?

i'm only hoarding one. i've already spit on one of the beats i was talking about like 3 years ago and it is going to be on my album, and the other i have already written three dope ass verses to. if another dope beat like that comes from him, i already know what project to dedicate it to, unless none of the emcees like it, in which case i'll use that one too lol.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
this song has to be perfect

i agree 100%. don't worry, i know how important this track is. but when you have already written and planned to record a track over a specific beat, you can't just give it up.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
so should we use multiple beats like in swashbuckling, and use a sample from a movie that will act in place of the chorus'?

possibly. what we need to do is find a few beats that we can choose from. if everyone feels one beat that is just undeniable, then i say we just stick with a conventional track. if no one can agree which beat is best, then i say we do it like that. that track was ill btw. it almost sounded like all those beats were different takes on the same beat, possibly built off the same sample though.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
maybe even 1 verse will be 2 people rapping back and forth, like d-12 use to do

it depends man. it will have to be something we decide as artists. that's how the creative process works. let's wait until we have shit solidified before we decide on structure. do we even have a topic yet? or is it just going to be on some lyrical warfare type shit? i did notice most of the emcees that are on this shit are at least pseudo-political, but they are all also pretty straight-forward lyrical too, so idk. i'm just asking though because it could go either way: we could spit on a political topic or just come lyrical. i'm wondering what you envisioned. overall though, i think we all need to get on a conference call or chat room and figure it out together if possible.

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
lyrical agent is going to be battling in dont flop. his battle will be out on the 28th. cant wait

dope! post it when it's up!

Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
unfortunetly lowkey isnt going to make it, his people at globalfaction sent me a message...

damn, that sucks. oh well though. maybe next time.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 11:44 AM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (TheHipHopSpot)
g-ammo sent me a message asking if im going to pay him

Tell him that you won't pay for his instrumental and that he'll have K Rino on his shit. And if it's not enough, tell him you'll find another producer. G Ammo is down to earth, he'll give it up for free. But if you want me to talk to him, let me know.

btw that's my beat
http://www.box.net/shared/jbi1ecc85x

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Treach Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 12:13 PM | Message # 22

OGs
damn they better not lock lowkey up

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:00 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Tell him that you won't pay for his instrumental and that he'll have K Rino on his shit. And if it's not enough, tell him you'll find another producer. G Ammo is down to earth, he'll give it up for free. But if you want me to talk to him, let me know.

yeah, like i said above, i'll talk to him. just pick some beats that you think would be dope for the project first though before either me of Mat approaches him.

Quote (El_Matador)

dude, that high pitched trumpet makes that beat sound way too cartoonish, and i would think of it more as a fun, joke beat than some hardcore shit lol.

Quote (Treach)
damn they better not lock lowkey up

yeah man, that will suck if that does happen.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:15 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
dude, that high pitched trumpet makes that beat sound way too cartoonish, and i would think of it more as a fun, joke beat than some hardcore shit lol.

I made that beat for some contest to make Wu-like beat. Your taste is very weird tho' lol to call it a joke beat dude.
And check your e-mail

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:24 PM | Message # 25

Heads
when i call it a joke beat, i don't mean it's wack or fake, i mean, it's weird... like the beat reminds me of a cross between the "Freedom of Speech" beat Immortal Technique spit over and some Army of the Pharaohs shit, which is a strange combination lol. not necessarily bad, but the part that reminds me of "Freedom of Speech" (which is the first 2 counts of every bar) gives the beat a more playful and less hardcore feel than the other part (the last 2 counts of every bar which are serious as hell lol).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:27 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
when i call it a joke beat, i don't mean it's wack or fake, i mean, it's weird... like the beat reminds me of a cross between the "Freedom of Speech" beat Immortal Technique spit over and some Army of the Pharaohs shit, which is a strange combination lol. not necessarily bad, but the part that reminds me of "Freedom of Speech" (which is the first 2 counts of every bar) gives the beat a more playful and less hardcore feel than the other part (the last 2 counts of every bar which are serious as hell lol).

Oh ok. I won that Wu contest tho'. And all they gave me was a vinyl release of Liquid Swords damn it!

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:48 PM | Message # 27

Heads
that's dope tho! props!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 2:50 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
that's dope tho! props!

Thanks! Liquid Swords on the vinyl sounds dirtier than ever tho' haha

TheHipHopSpot Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 5:00 PM | Message # 29

OGs
ok eboyd my bad, you talk to him. he sent me another message saying, "Im sorry man but I'm really only selling beats... I do have a few free beats :) If you would like them just give me your email :) if you want to listen to em first just search for: g-ammo free or something"
mac lethal and k-rino do not rap over "few free beats" LOL i dont think he knows who they are

Youtube
SPC
eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Feb/11, 10:13 PM | Message # 30

Heads
did you tell him about them being on it?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » I NEED A BEAT!!!!
Search: