[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Chadwick J - New Rap Cassius Clay
Chadwick J - New Rap Cassius Clay
how dope is this shit!
1. FUCKING DOPE! [ 5 ] [55.56%]
2. very dope! [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. dope! [ 4 ] [44.44%]
4. somewhat dope [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. not so dope [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 9
11thPlague Date: Monday, 01/Dec/08, 6:00 PM | Message # 16

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
The dude's style is on some old school nostalgia shit. He's not trying to sound like Jay, he's trying to sound like a chill old school cat who spits conscious and has a lot of class and charisma. He's got that same "cool cat" attitude that Jay has. Maybe that's what you are hearing. Btw, when it comes to style everyone bites. That's just how it is. You learn your style from someone you admire. You build your style off your favorite rappers. Technically all NY emcees after 1987 bit off Rakim's style. Does that make BDK, G Rap, Big L, Biggie, etc., any less original? Hell no.

calm down lol all i said is that he sounded like jay-z i never said he wasnt original. all im saying is that they didnt like Eminem cause they said he sounded like nas so it didnt help him any. like i said the dude is good he just sounds like jay z

eboyd_ Date: Monday, 01/Dec/08, 7:24 PM | Message # 17

Removed
I wasn't mad. I get you now. Cool.
ChadwickJ Date: Saturday, 13/Dec/08, 3:15 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
Werd up! I am thoroughly flattered by all of the kind words. I appreciate the love for REAL! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, I will make sure to hit this site up EVERY DAY. I can't believe this thread is about me. That's dope.

I don't have a mix tape or anything yet. I just started rappin a few months ago. I am in my final year of law school so music is not really the priority right now. However, music IS the priority when I finish. I just don't have time right now. As far as my me sounding like Jay, thank you??? lol. It's all good. I am a fan of Jay, but I don't really listen to him that much. I think I sound like him because my tone of voice more than anything. Its hard to hear my music objectively, but I would say that my rhyme patterns are more toward Black Thought than Jay. But what do I know. I just write what I feel when I'm in a zone. I'm not trying to be like anyone, I'm just trying to rhyme words that people aren't expecting, and do it in a manner that provokes thought. I also try to find a good balance between battle rap, that is about nothing but a display of skill, and conscousness. I can battle rap ALL DAY LONG! But, I don't want to put to much meaninglessness (is that a word?) out there. It takes me a long time to write a conscious verse. I wish I could say that I just spit'em out. I will nurture a verse for months. But as far as my bragadosious joints, I can whip those up pretty fast. Thats more about just multiples and serving fools! Feel me? I don't like one better than the other, but since I am in my thirties, and I have kids, I have a responsibility to the youth. This is a wonderful gift and to whom much is given much is required.

Sorry I blabbed so long. Thank you all for checkin me out. The next joint I post on YouTube is going to be a song I wrote for my wife. I should post it after finals (Dec. 17th is my last one). Peace and love!

Shout out to Chinita for making me get my ass out here to this site. I love it!

www.youtube.com/theebonybones
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 13/Dec/08, 4:30 PM | Message # 19

Removed
Nice to have you here. We are in the same boat. Although you are much further ahead in your education I am in school which is putting me in a position where I have very little time to do my thing. We have a totally different style but because of the way I do things it takes me months to write my lyrics too, plus I recently started making my own beats. Believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. We're just glad to have a new member in the family (well, technically not new as you joined a while ago, but... Oh for god's sake, you know what I mean!).

Btw, where are you going to school?

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » Chadwick J - New Rap Cassius Clay
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: