New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Youtube vs Warner
Youtube vs Warner
ill Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 7:05 PM | Message # 16

Emcees
but surely you have the music company that signs an artists (eg lil wayne)

he sells 3m units a year, company uses profits to sign more artists like him, same thing again, whats to stop that?

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 7:11 PM | Message # 17

Heads
what created lil wayne that is the question ?? what creates these people ?? consumerism and materialism these 2 things are major effects of capitalism you gotta think on the social effects capitalism has on the population huge social gaps tend to make people more aggressive and they will sell out their soul for money huge unemployment rates tend to make people more available to sell their soul and principles as i said to J-Breakz market discipline for the working class state protection for the ruling class

ill Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 7:18 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
but wayne was making music before he blew, since like 14 cos he loves rappng

wayne is a bad example, take nas after illmatic, he dropped a dope album and it shit on the whole rap game so he found sucsess, what does he do after that? reinvest in music or give back to the community or what

sorry man i dunno about participatory economics so bare with me lol

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 7:37 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Nas is arguable and many consider him as a Emcee who stood in front of waves of corporate bullshit and still didn't majorly changed his style BUT do whatever he want but what made him SHIT On music is the capitalist system that pushed him on contracts and obligations and didn't let him alone in making his music remember a corporation promotes and releases the music so it has no right to interfere whit the content at hand that's on the artist not the corporate board and you seem to not understand the nature of capitalism in capitalism you do nothing but sell and buy it's a constant race capitalism is based on materialism that everything and everyone has a price its based on CAPITAL wealth in the form of money or property when this CAPITAL interferes whit our social relations to one another and all our social activities they make our social life's a race for CAPITAL they transform everything we hear we see we eat into a race for CAPITAL in that giving that takes our inner motivation for what we are doing and it creates a profit motive out of it as we do it for the money in that given we don't give the shit anymore how it tastes or how it sounds we do it fast and cheap so we can get CAPITAL

Menace Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 8:07 PM | Message # 20

Heads
did you understand ? LOL biggrin if Nas lived under another economic system he would do whatever he wanted continue or not his choice as in the current system too BUT the difference will be that his content will not reflect materialism and other bullshit like that his music will be slightly balanced considering that he lives in a society where the individual doesn't base his soul ideas on wealth any society is reflected trough music and art from the beginning of music its was like this

ill Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 8:14 PM | Message # 21

Emcees
yeah his music and art is directed by him but whats to say he doesnt help more strugling artists with his money and eventualy this company controls a large portion of the market despite the artists are freewilled

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 8:21 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (ill)
yeah his music and art is directed by him but whats to say he doesnt help more strugling artists with his money and eventualy this company controls a large portion of the market despite the artists are freewilled

well yes that's why i say corporate monopolization over music exists he helps other artists but the artists must subdue to the same regulations that he subdued the artists are not free willed at all considering that they don't make their music from their free will as i said for market discipline for the working class you can apply that term to here to market discipline for the artist he was no other choice just to subdue to the market and to the corporation and take into consideration that the MARKET is not the WILL OF THE PEOPLE its not demand and supply its SUPPLY AND DEMAND wink

ill Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 8:25 PM | Message # 23

Emcees
ahhh gotcha wink

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Wednesday, 25/Feb/09, 8:25 PM | Message # 24

Heads
you know you can always trow that line at these mainstreem junkies proving that lil wayne is good just cause he sells well he is good cause he got some corporate power backing him up the people didn't demand for him they supplied him to the people and they made people like him trough media advertisements and a shit load of media tricks that's why i respect underground people more then mainstreem people cause underground people really rap for their fans and for their money whit their own talent that's why i said i don't have respect for a corporate rapper Lethaface jumped on me but he really needs to think on this hip hop thing

Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Youtube vs Warner
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: