[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » post-anorexia/hairloss (help)
post-anorexia/hairloss
Adam Date: Sunday, 15/Dec/13, 7:41 PM | Message # 1

B-Girls
http://s14.postimg.org/w0a42fiu7/WP_20131215_002.jpg

That's 3 days worth of collecting, much more ends up in my comb and on my pillow. I can endlessly run my hands through my hair and keep finding loose hairs. I got an area at the top of my head that is very open and bares a lot of scalp, I routinely have nightmares of only having a few strands of hair left and seeing myself as a naked rat in the mirror before waking up feeling terrible. Always feeling terrible. I have developed a sort of phobia against anyone or even myself touching my hair. When people touch my hair I get so upset and infuriated and start sweating, the itchy uncomfortable sweat. Help.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Bape Date: Monday, 16/Dec/13, 11:52 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
I feel you Adam, when I went anorexic I had the worst case of hair loss. I had a huge baldspot through the center of my head and running around the back of my head too. And I was barely starting 11th grade so that just fucked up my entire school year. I'm not even a small-expert on this so I can't give you any medical advice bb. And I really didn't wanna try Rogaine and im not rolling in enough dough to get anything fancy.

But what did work for me was a mix of these:

I bought 2 bottles of this at my Local Costco and it did actually help a little after a month of taking them. they were like 15 bucks but we got em for 10 on sale

Also, next time your hit up the store, be on the look out for this:

This shit is a miracle worker, it wont make all of your hair grow back over night, but after a week of using it i had a much thicker head of hair. It was such a relief being able to run my hand through my head without ending with a tuft of hair in between my fingers.

But, in the end, my hair was totaled from so much straighning, cooking, coloring and fucking around with it. Eventually i just ended shaving it all off and going for the "fucked up Sinead O'Connor" look:

And i just grew it all back, except now I had my barber style it in a way that worked with me. And now I have that Shampoo and the pills to help out, and i eat regularly now. It's not a perfect ending but im content with how my hair ended up. But yea, that's all I could tell ya Adam :/

Message edited by Bape - Monday, 16/Dec/13, 11:52 PM
Adam Date: Tuesday, 17/Dec/13, 1:17 AM | Message # 3

B-Girls
There's my xmas list^

***that includes sinead, preferably alive and mildly bruised.

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 25/Dec/13, 6:27 PM | Message # 4

OGs
im on that minoxidil, yo... gotta combine that shishkabob with nizoral shampoo

also im kinda iffy about head and shoulders cause of the chemicals, i'd go for this instead but alas my family is too cheap for that.

also:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list....autiful

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 26/Dec/13, 3:44 PM | Message # 5

OGs
again: 63949137791
soryr i mean:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac....-FIRST!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Greeny Date: Friday, 27/Dec/13, 6:19 PM | Message # 6

OGs
What do you mean chemicals? Don't you trust chemicals? Chemicals are good. What would this world look like without chemicals?

:)
Greeny Date: Friday, 27/Dec/13, 6:21 PM | Message # 7

OGs
Matter of fact, what the fuck do you wash your head with if not chemicals?

s0dr2 Date: Friday, 27/Dec/13, 8:07 PM | Message # 8

OGs
im talking about colour-coated chemicals/psuedo-chemicals/sugar-filled chemicals... you don't want that, you want pharmaceutically active chemicals, the kind specifically targated to hault hairloss

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 27/Dec/13, 8:31 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote s0dr2 ()
im on that minoxidil, yo... gotta combine that shishkabob with nizoral shampoo

also im kinda iffy about head and shoulders cause of the chemicals, i'd go for this instead but alas my family is too cheap for that.

also:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list....autiful

Yeah I use minoxidil aka rogaine as well. Why don't you wanna use it Bape?

I'm gonna look into some shampoo for it as well, must be that nizoral shampoo you use sodr

Adam I think vegans can get hairloss because of their diet as well

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Greeny Date: Sunday, 29/Dec/13, 10:43 PM | Message # 10

OGs
I use Bio+ when I get an outbreak of dandruff and I use H&S grease control, or whatever it is, regularly.
Colour-coated chemicals? Pseudo chemicals? Sugar-filled chemicals? The fuck man. The fuck.

Adam Date: Monday, 30/Dec/13, 12:07 PM | Message # 11

B-Girls
I got everything covered as a vegan Mark. Thanks for your carnivorous concern.. A little update. I got the pills and the shampoo josue suggested. The shampoo really made my hair feel way better immediately, I wasn't afraid to grab and touch my hair anymore like I was. After a little over a week of taking the pills I am not losing hair at the same rate anymore. I was usually having 20-30 hairs in my hands every time I washed my head. Now I get 2 or 3 and this includes combing. I could comb out hairs endlessly before, now nothing comes out. I feel way better now that it seems to have stopped progressing. Now I'm going to follow the hairlosstalk thread sodr2 posted. I'll follow every step since I know my parents would spend the money on all of that stuff for me, and I think the price of hair loss is way more expensive anyway. I'll take some pictures of my head later, and document my journey for all you sexless pathetic men.

false alarm, I was skeptical so I went into my bathroom and turned my hair inside out looking for loose strands. I found then, lots of them. Just had to comb the crap out of my head, they were lose though, I didn't over comb and make them loose myself. I guess that shampoo kinda thickens my hair and holds them in, but I found them. So its back to feeling terrible again. I do have dandruff though. Didn't notice until now.

Message edited by Adam - Monday, 30/Dec/13, 6:22 PM
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 06/Jan/14, 6:41 AM | Message # 12

OGs
keep in mind shedding is normal when using minoxidil, the important thing is to keep on using it cause results appear after 4 months

aka dont freak out (frank zappa)

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 25/Jan/14, 6:32 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Just don't use too much minoxidil, it can increase your heart rate if you use too much. I use it quite sparingly now esp since its not that good for my skin either.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Sunday, 26/Jan/14, 6:01 PM | Message # 14

B-Girls
I shaved my head. I surrendered.

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 26/Jan/14, 9:40 PM | Message # 15

OGs
Quote Adam ()
I shaved my head. I surrendered.

that's not bad... my head is too big to shave im afraid people will think (or say) i have cancer...

hey mark, did u ever feel the tachycardia side effect of minoxidil? cause i use it almost everyday and i dont really notice any side effects... i dont think it's good to use it sparingly too cause you know, the hair you grow will be lost with discontinuation but what you're doing is not a discontinuation YO its just a chill out disconninuation you know like a wait i wont discontinue chill bro i'll just not continue using it on a regular basis ain't no disses or misses maybe like ONE miss per day make that once per 2 days so it's still continuing but at a slower rate 14 chocolate YA LA7WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » post-anorexia/hairloss (help)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: