[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Disney purchases Marvel Comics @ 4 billion (Wolvie gets Mouse Ears??)
Disney purchases Marvel Comics @ 4 billion
Render215 Date: Saturday, 05/Sep/09, 7:04 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
I guess Stan Lee finally decided to retire and step down from his throne. I'm a very big fan of Marvel; have been since I was a little kid. I'm also an avid fan of Disney from an artist's standpoint and their films appeal to children and adults. But what is going to happen to Marvel's comics? Although I don't read the comics anymore, I really enjoy seeing what they do with the movies.. I'm usually disappointed by how they portray my favorite heroes and villains on the big screen. X-Men, Spider Man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider... These movies sucked imo.... tailoring the characters and storyline to produce a blockbuster, it drives me insane. I'm convinced that the best portrayal of Marvel stories are cartoons. Especially the Hulk Vs. Wolverine anime... it was great bc they didn't hold back and made it gory and REALISTIC...

Disney's coffers deeeep.. Perhaps they will make good use of Disney's money and animation skills, this is what i'm hoping for.

But I foresee PG13 (which is already VERY corny) become PG, or even 'gasp' G rated. That would be unacceptable by my standards..

This buyout could prove to be a great thing, or a horrible experience for the lifelong fans of Marvel...

What do you all think about this?

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
Watcher Date: Saturday, 05/Sep/09, 8:56 PM | Message # 2

Watchers
[quote=Render215]I'm usually disappointed by how they portray my favorite heroes and villains on the big screen. X-Men, Spider Man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider... These movies sucked imo.... tailoring the characters and storyline to produce a blockbuster, it drives me insane. I'm convinced that the best portrayal of Marvel stories are cartoons. Especially the Hulk Vs. Wolverine anime... it was great bc they didn't hold back and made it gory and REALISTIC... [/quote]

i agree though spiderman was alright to me. i hated X-Men though they ruined it, i never bothered seeing the others. i guess they'd rather go for the $ by making their movies appeal to children rather than actually staying true to the characters. marvel could still stay the same though who knows,

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 05/Sep/09, 11:24 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
Quote (Joker13)
to tell you the truth Disney has been sucking large amount of dicks lately

LOLOLOL that was funny

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Forum » Off-Topic » Sports & Entertainment » Disney purchases Marvel Comics @ 4 billion (Wolvie gets Mouse Ears??)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: